New 186.24 driver for XP,Vista and Win 7

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by Veteran, Jul 6, 2009.

1. Pill Monster

Pill Monster Banned

GPU:
    7950 Vapor-X 1100/1500
    ^How did he get into the sacred Green force subforums??

I do hate having Physx incuded though. (oh btw- Nvidia ftw) :D

Last edited: Jul 12, 2009
  2. Vector

Vector Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 770 FTW 4gb w/bkplate
    What happened to the GeForce ForceWare 186.24 Win XP (64-bit) release?

3. diamond-optic

diamond-optic Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 970 FTW+
    i dont really see the big deal about the filesize lol.. unless you have a 500mb hard drive and dial up, who cares

4. Pill Monster

Pill Monster Banned

GPU:
    7950 Vapor-X 1100/1500
    It's the principle.....

5. Rafnagud

Rafnagud Master Guru

GPU:
    INNO3D RTX 4080
    Nothing happened to that driver. The topic starter does not mention it but it is available when you follow the link.

6. ZeroOne

ZeroOne Active Member

GPU:
    ASUS ENGTX275 869MB DDR 3
    If You have no PhysX Card the drivers do not install i guess....

7. diamond-optic

diamond-optic Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 970 FTW+
    not true

8. Mineria

Mineria Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 3080 Ti
    186.24 had to many graphical abnormalities compared to 186.18 on my system.
    Another problem was that the driver switched a lot between 2D and 3D clock modes while working in windows.

So rolled back to previous driver, 186.18.

Last edited: Jul 13, 2009
  9. GhostXL

GhostXL Guest

GPU:
    PNY EPIC-X RTX 4090
    I'm hardly a fanboy, I use both Nvidia and ATI. I switch out between my HD 4870 X2 and MSI GTX 285. I was correcting him period.

10. Saiyan

Saiyan Member Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 12GB
    I sooooo agree on that!

11. GenClaymore

GenClaymore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3070 TI 8GB
    I dont mind having the phsyx included, same me from having to run to nvidia site to download it. So far these drivers are working great for me. Tried a bunch of games.

12. applejack

applejack Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 3070 Ventus 3X
    when I said "extracted to about 280mb" I actually meant "Installed to about 280mb" (my bad).
    although you could figure it out yourself, looking at the pic (combining components install size).
    and it doesn't install both 32/64, does it? :eek:uch:

ok, back to nvidia driver discussion now...

Last edited: Jul 13, 2009
  13. Rubysoul

Rubysoul Active Member

GPU:
    ATI 7970M
    No dice man. Does the same thing, regardless. I have noticed that the flickering changes depending on the texture quality in the control panel set, as well as the texture quality set in game. I'm not the only one with the exact same problem with SLI, there's another whole thread about it. A link:

http://www.overclock.net/nvidia/512683-mirrors-edge-flickering-models-new-post.html

Also, some say it's isolated to Win7 (which I'm running). Haven't confirmed that one, yet, as I ditched my Vista install long ago.

Last edited: Jul 14, 2009
  14. GhostXL

GhostXL Guest

GPU:
    PNY EPIC-X RTX 4090
    Yeah ok, (your bad) I'm sure you mean "install". It's not even close to 280 mb installed. Correcting someone doesn't make anybody a fanboy.

Half of that crap you can uncheck like Hydravision etc. It's not even needed.

I see about 5 fanboy comments, and its ridiculous. I'm far from a fanboy, and use what brand I want, when I want. If one game plays better on one than the other so be it, I'll use ATI or Nvidia depending.

The only fanboys I see are the ones who throw the term around ignorantly.

If you so much want to go back to talking about the Nvidia drivers, don't make stupid ignorant posts like that anymore.

15. BababooeyHTJ

BababooeyHTJ Member Guru

GPU:
    7950 crossfire
    You can call me whatever you like but I'm getting pretty irritated by the amount of stuff that I will never use being thrown into my drivers. It wouldn't have bothered me if general stability had atleast stayed the same but that just isn't the case. Since 182.50 I have had one decent driver releace and thats 185.85. The only problem that I had with it was with CoDWaW which I don't play anymore anyways. I think that my comments are totally relevent to the topic at hand as well. They were on the right path with 185.85 and then they releace these 186.xx drivers with more bloat and they're as bad as the 177.xx releace drivers (you know where they implemented Physix). Nvidia is getting worse than Creative.

Compression ratio on those ATI zip files must be amazing. :rolleyes:

[​IMG]

16. wrathofgod

wrathofgod Master Guru

GPU:
    2x EVGA 8800 GTX @ 660/1100
    I didn't get any flickering in Mirror's Edge with SLI and PhysX...

I've played through it at least 7 times already.

17. Rubysoul

Rubysoul Active Member

GPU:
    ATI 7970M
    What driver version? This is recent as of 18x.xx. What are your NVidia control panel and in game graphics settings?

18. digital demon

digital demon Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC
    Uninstalled old driver, restarted in Safe Mode, cleaned with Driver Cleaner without Control Panel filter, restarted, installed from uncompressed files, still no Control Panel. So over this sh1t.

19. Soundcreepy

Soundcreepy Member Guru

GPU:
    PNY 780 Enthusiast 3gb
    Has anyone had the issue of Dead Space using a graphics profile (to force vsync on) for a while then suddenly ignoring it (which turns vsync off and wayyyy too much tearing) in the middle of playing? Doesn't crash the game or anything but gets really annoying. I can alt-tab out and back in and it seems to reinitialize the profile....but only for a bit....has happened with every driver (that ive tried...or can remember) including this one.

as far as other games are concerned...so far it is the best driver out there(other than installing...which to get my comp to restart took about 10 min) overclock seems stable...faster fps in my games....faster folding (getting about 500 to 1000 more PPD on average and about 1 more WU per night).....going to run a few benches soon

edit: after some more testing...i have noticed that my fans don't slow down after ramping up....having a gpu running at 40 c is nice but the noise is starting to get to me.....and im still having that darnd Dead Space issue

edit 2: fixed the fan issue by telling evga precision to lock the fan at a certian setting...doesn't seem to matter to what (atm 88%)....fan runs at that setting for about a spit second then goes back to what it was BUT does slow down like it normally did before so i can hear myself again:) now if i could only tell Dead Space to stop turning of my profile!

edit 3: scratch edit 2....when i lock the fan....gpu ignores the setting and slows down to 35% but when needed will not speed up again....starting to think about switching back to 186.18

20. TwL

TwL Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x5850 2x6950 + 9800GTX
    Wonder if anyone know or notest, but I got here low end G92 9800GTX running and this is odd, but before/and v185 drivers the GPU was always steady 60c and fan was automated to keep it at that, but since v186 of nvidia drivers all the suddenly it started staying at 50-51c and as far I can see on EVGA Precision it automates the fan to keep it there.

got no control over fan what so ever installed. This could also be EVGA Precision new version v1.7.1, but I got no fan speed control enabled on there neither.

[​IMG]