Street Fighter 4 Thread

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by CPC_RedDawn, Jan 25, 2009.

1. inklimited

inklimited Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 6850 900MHz
    Does LIVE Marketplace work for anyone? How do you pay for stuff?

2. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    Normally you download and install the latest LIVE version (Which will install Marketplace and the LIVE redistributable.) then you start Marketplace (It's a separate program.) log in with your LIVE profile and browse the content you want, if it costs MS points you add points to your account (500, 1000 or 2000 points if I remember correctly.) and the cost are processed via credit card, pretty fast as well. (Only used it for Fallout 3 DLC, thankfully all five of them means I will have exactly 0 points left from the ones I purchased as they were all 800 points so no extra points will remain.)

EDIT: Can also start Marketplace from within any game that uses it (Battlefield Pacific, Fallout 3 and from what you've said SF4 at the moment.) and it'll launch the program and alt-tab the current title (Minimize it).

EDIT: Should no content be available it's probably not up yet, unsure what Capcom has stored for SF4 but we'll probably see next week (Game retails on the 7th in the rest of the world.)

Last edited: Jul 3, 2009
  3. ArcticZero

ArcticZero Member

GPU:
    HD6990 @ 900/1375 AUSUM
    Btw, disable Crossfire if you get the FPS drop after the first two fights. It's what fixed it for me.

4. Eric-1987

Eric-1987 Banned

GPU:
    dont worry about it
    I unlocked Akuma how do I unlock Gouken now?

5. Nijohc

Nijohc Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 8GB
    I don't see why you'd be shocked, SF3 was a complete commercial failure and don't even get me started on the character roster, it's no suprise capcom didn't want to go down this route. Though technically it played great and had the deepest combat system... I'd have liked to have seen parries in SFIV.

I'd say SSF2X was the true pinnacle of SF and that's what IV's playstyle is based on.

Dudley... GuTTeR tRasH! :D

6. jed_tb

jed_tb Master Guru

GPU:
    AMD 5870
    commerical failure in the sense that it was a purist game and not one for light hearted peps that pick up a fighting game for 5 mins.
    as you pointed out that was the beauty of sf3 is the parries and the whole flow of the game, i actually dont mind the roster - it was nice to see capcom venture out a little.
    the problem with sf4 is all of the above really - no in depth system really and a back to basics roster.
    sf2 is good, but decent tourny battles belong with sf3.
    dudley is a far more rounded fighter then balrog, likewise with alex over guile, ibiku i could go on ....although rumors have it that some of the sf3 lineup will be in sf4dash.

7. Eric-1987

Eric-1987 Banned

GPU:
    dont worry about it
    Only thing I dont like about SF4 is the lack of characters. Other than that its great to bring back childhood memories.

8. inklimited

inklimited Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 6850 900MHz
    Well they'll probably be selling more characters now. But the original 8 + 4, plus 4 bonus at the start, and another 9 unlockable isn't enough?

I was hoping I'd spend the points I earned in-game. I gotta pay money? Aww.

9. xankazo

xankazo Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1060 SC (6GB)
    I got this game recently and I can say I like it. back to the roots.

10. RyoHazuki

RyoHazuki Member Guru

GPU:
    Galaxy GTX 780 HOF
    SF3 definitely had a superior fighitng system. The new characters were also something I loved. Makoto, Yun, Yang, and Dudley...all great characters imo. It was a really good game which I wish SF4 would've taken some of those characters instead of sticking with alpha/sf2 characters and then adding completely new characters.

11. Nijohc

Nijohc Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 8GB
    Well, I meant commercial failure as in commercial failure - it's game mechanics had nothing to do with it.

You could quite easily argue that those are the reasons for it's success. Think about it. Capcom want the game to appeal to everybody not just the 5 people in the world who sit there analysing frame data.

I'd rather see some Alpha/Zero characters in dash but that's just me, nothing is set in stone. :D

12. RyoHazuki

RyoHazuki Member Guru

GPU:
    Galaxy GTX 780 HOF
    We do have some alpha characters though :/

Dan, Sakura, Gen, and Rose. lol

13. Nijohc

Nijohc Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 8GB
    I was hoping for Guy & Karin. Hell they should give Mike Haggar a SF debut too.

14. xankazo

xankazo Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1060 SC (6GB)
    so, is this game doing good commercially?

15. Nijohc

Nijohc Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 8GB
    No idea, you'd have to see sales figures to know that.. it's only just come out, but the PS3 and 360 versions did quite well. :pc1:

16. Stormyandcold

Stormyandcold Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX3080ti Founders
    I got a lappy here with intel extreme 2 gfx.

Been using 3d-analyze to try to get the benchmark to work. I can see the static intro company pics like "Capcom" and hear audio at the start screen ("street fighter"), but, the screen is black at this stage. Anyone get it to work?

17. ShadieVille

ShadieVille Member

GPU:
    BFG GTX 275 OC 896MB
    Mine run like butter on my desktop...

18. Stormyandcold

Stormyandcold Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX3080ti Founders
    same here, but, would be cool to see it running on my lappy :)

19. Nijohc

Nijohc Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 8GB
    Don't think you'll get it working, it requires pixel shader 3.0 and even if you did get it working it would be too slow to be any use. :(

20. xankazo

xankazo Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1060 SC (6GB)
    yeah, it would be really slow anyways.