Arma 2

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by masterchiefx2, Apr 22, 2009.

1. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    [​IMG]

Damn sweet! have fun for me too man :)

On the other hand Do u know guys if the STEAM version is good with MODS in the future..tell me ur ARMA 1 experiences? i got my ARMA 1 from the official developers digital purchase website..

2. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    hehe thanks man, very kind of you.

Why would mods not work on the steam version ? have you read some problems regarding arma1 , mods and steam ? i can only think of problems , if you need to replace the .exe file

3. (IRE)Wolfman

(IRE)Wolfman Guest

GPU:
    AMD 5700xt or 6700x
    I'd say the console versions won't happen seen as its so hard for the best pc.

More like Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising will be on its own.

4. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop

INDEED consoles cant match the visuals of PC..comparing PC and console interms of visuals started to smell ROT since a time.

5. apo-ttcc

apo-ttcc Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 980 G1
    The developers started to release a new video series today, the ARMA II DeveloperĀ“s Diary. In the first one they explain the basic controls. Might help some of the people that are new to the OPF/ArmA/ArmA2 milsim game series.

ARMA II DeveloperĀ“s Diary - No.1 Basic Controls

Last edited: Jul 2, 2009
  6. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070 Super
    Agrees with the above statement.

7. Pill Monster

Pill Monster Banned

GPU:
    7950 Vapor-X 1100/1500
    LMAO- anyone else notice how laggy the youtube vid was.....?

8. apo-ttcc

apo-ttcc Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 980 G1
    I bet they had ArmA2 running at max settings for the video.

9. Pill Monster

Pill Monster Banned

GPU:
    7950 Vapor-X 1100/1500
    Is thedemo playable online
    ?

10. apo-ttcc

apo-ttcc Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 980 G1
    Of course.

edit:
    There are like 60+ servers online right now, running one of the demo MP missions.

11. Pill Monster

Pill Monster Banned

GPU:
    7950 Vapor-X 1100/1500
    Cheers

That must be a joke right?

12. apo-ttcc

apo-ttcc Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 980 G1
    Well i'm sure there is more to come since this was just the basic controls video.

The video was done in the ingame editor, since the location he was walking around is the default spot when you launch the editor.

13. Jack Nicholson

Jack Nicholson Member Guru

GPU:
    3 way SLI GTX 280 x 3
    I just played the demo at MAX settings and it looked beautiful and ran decent enough for a demo without SLI profile....

But the one thing that irked me was the controls, on gamepad it is playable but the game is obviously meant for keyboard, it takes a while trying to find each command.

Plus the voice acting is the most hilariously awful Ive heard in any game, especially the guy who voices Coop your character.
    He sounds like a retarded person who's constipated and just ate a bowl of gravel.

On top of that there are the silly robotic voice commands which are even more hilarious and awkward sounding! :nerd:

14. millibyte

millibyte Maha Guru

GPU:
    Smoothbore125mm gun
    He sounds like a retarded person who's constipated and just ate a bowl of gravel.

Made my day...

15. Miller

Miller Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 660ti Signature FTW
    Arma2 + TrackIR = !!! :D

16. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    :d good

and what about multiplayer..This topic is so silent :(. TALK people ,,tell ur experiences with game.. pls :D

17. pdawg17

pdawg17 Guest

This is the lamest question I have ever posted but at the very beginning of the game when you are on the USS K.S. what the heck am I supposed to do? Everyone is standing around doing nothing...

18. volkov956

volkov956 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080 12GB
    Client lag seems to have increased over lan compaired to Arma 1 including random CTD. But single Player seems to run fine....unless u play coop.

Server Lag is way down since now the game can use more then 1 core finally. AI in MP seem to ignore Brush compaired to SP.

Migrating Arma 1 server to Arma 2 server was easy just move over configs and add in entry and bam all optimizations moved over. Same was true with OFP to arma but need a few more adjustments

Manual Configuration of Audio Hardware and EAX needs to be done in CFG the controls are missing in ingame settings.

Performance of game seems to be good sometimes but othertimes it runs horrible.

MP Fixes from Arma 1
    -No more hanging Lan/Internet Game browser like Arma 1
    -Less blipping of AI
    -Less initial Level Lag server end sometimes none
    -Random scripts work better

MP Bugs
    -Horn no longer is sounded to all players just the driver ala OFP but it was fixed in arma 1 but now is back in 2
    -Sometimes kicking a player as admin does not work and you need to use the Kick Command instead of the kick button
    -Some players during Transition from Lobby to Game get stuck at Recieving data forever unless they disconnect and reconnect
    -Sometimes server shows it has a password when it doesn't

One nice fix I like so far is tanks dont just random explode anymore. Light vehicles can take more damage when hitting obstacles. Points system is still around for Ballistics you can still kill a tank with any small arms might take a while for some.

19. volkov956

volkov956 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080 12GB
    Normally a guy comes over to u then says something then you head inside the door to your right with them then u get a briefing. After the briefing you choose to use course or just get some rest. The rest is kinda of a spoiler but you should know what to do then

20. pdawg17

pdawg17 Guest

Hmmm...I guess I'll try starting it over...that is the problem...the scene started and nothing happened...