Forceware 186.21 - Windows 7 and Vista x64

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by YetYhunter, Jun 29, 2009.

1. Lemonking

Lemonking Master Guru

GPU:
    GIGABYTE 4090 OC
    so..does this fix the problem with arma2?

2. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    If their drivers get WHQL'd, MS must trust them. MS has to digitally sign the drivers for WHQL. Driver model for Windows7 hasn't changed that much from Vista....so why is nVidia having problems with SLI again?

3. Valagard

Valagard Guest

Ok for some results

TF2 I got the highest FPS average yet, stayed 299FPS average the whole time I played around in Achivement_Box3, lowest I saw was 282FPS, but thats much higher then the lows of 250FPS dips I would see before

L4D I got my highest FPS and Average FPS ever, Averaged 150FPS throughout the game

However, with these drivers I also recorded some of the lowest spikes in FPS yet, as the game went down to 60-70FPS in some key area's I took note before, but this was very brief (Half a second) as average FPS was way higher, but I would also like to note that this is the first time I have spawned a zombie horde ontop of me and have -NOT- had a 20FPS dip, spawning 50 zombies and 4 boomers puking on me FPS stayed above 50-60FPS at all times, no stuttering dips

UT3 I didn't really notice any improvements in FPS, more or less it stayed about the exact same, I did notice some spikes of extreamly high FPS at times

Mass Effect on average is 4FPS higher then before, noted durring some key scenes I would mark FPS. I saw no dips in framerates though

As I said before Crysis Warhead I saw my highest FPS and highest Average FPS yet, and only using version 1.0 at that

I also took note of temperatures, overall my GPU was being worked quit abit harder, I recorded Temps in the 60C's with full fan and a 70F room, highest I have gotten before, even with Crysis was 56C

As for IQ, I didn't notice anything funky going on with any of the games EXCEPT Crysis Warhead

First I thought my card was overheating, but after clocking down and restarting crysis warhead I still had the same artifacts

For some reason some vines in two places the outside edges were pixel shaded in bright white, card temps were fine, and after 30 minutes of ATI tool testing and 10 minutes of furmark testing showed my card was fine at both normal and overclocked settings. I attribute it to a game bug, as other tree's with vines did not show these problems other then the two I found on some cliff sides

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 1, 2009
  4. Aleksandarcox

Aleksandarcox Member

GPU:
    nVidia 8500 GT 256 MB
    America's army 3 anyone?
    Did this realease fix dozens of glitches and terrible performance? :nerd:

5. deathvirus

deathvirus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2070 MaxQ 8GB
    AA3 is sadly a buggy release :( .. i was looking forward to play this one again but i changed my mind :( ..

6. Valagard

Valagard Guest

I don't have AA3 to test, Its a buggy game for me

Installing Bioshock and GoW PC (Just bought GoW PC yesterday) to test right now

7. tofuartist

tofuartist Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 480
    And which previous driver(s) are you comparing this to?

8. Crisis66

Crisis66 Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX970
    The problem you are experiencing is attributed to a Direct X 10 glitch. This problem goes across the board for ATI cards and Nvidia cards. I'd have to say DirectX 10 is really glitchy in my own experiences. Mostly every game I run with DX10 causes glitches, anomalies and aritifacts. Even after formating twice, RMAing my GPU and downclocking my GPU. I can't get DX10 to co-operate.

Anyways. I haven't tried these yet. Waiting on a few more people to post their opinions then I'll decide whether or not to try them.

9. Valagard

Valagard Guest

Compared to the currrent WHQL's 186.16, 190's I saw really low low framerates and even game crashes

Crisis66: Warhead is the only game I have ever seen a DX10 glitch

Tried out Gears of War, I got a locked 60FPS, only once it dipped into the 40's

Also I like to point out that every game I test I test with 2xAA on except Crysis Warhead, that was without (I think)

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 1, 2009
  10. allup

allup Master Guru

GPU:
    2 X SLi 2070 Super
    Now that is what i call a driver report:) Thanks Valagard.

sykozis
    I am not sure that these drivers are WHQL
    as stated on the download page.
    " Software Description

Download GeForce ForceWare 186.21 Win 7 and Vista (64-bit) driver

There's a new NVIDIA GeForce driver out on the loose and it's in fact 186.21. The driver is available for Windows Vista and Windows 7 64-bit.

Very little is known about this driver but we need to stress that the original .inf file shows it was targeted at Mobile solutions. We replaced the index with a modified .inf files (courtesy of laptopvideo2go) making the driver compatible with all current GeForce cards..

These drivers are to be considered very beta and thus treated as such. You install them at your own risk, don't complain to us or NVIDIA if they do not work out for you. We have a discussion thread open on these drivers right here."

But the underground reason is that they are woking on the 295 quad performace again just like when they did for the 7950gx2 88gx2 295gx2 and so on.
    Again Nvidia, laptopvideo to go, and others, are always working on making a better set of drivers to be used by a wide variety of gamers, that is why we have so many beta's. What works great for one person can work like crap for others, so guru has alot of feedback that shuffles thru the driver developers
    and helps make fixes hopefully. :nerd:

Ok now i am off my nerdy soapbox.

Last edited: Jul 1, 2009

11. Crisis66

Crisis66 Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX970
    Regardless of whether or not it only happens in Warhead, it's still a DX10 glitch. If you run the same area in DX9, you'll see the trees go back to normal.

12. Eesi

Eesi Guest

GPU:
    Gtx 1080 H2O
    ghostbusters isn`t working for me. crashes immediately. l4d runs just smooth. next one to test gonna be sf4

13. Valagard

Valagard Guest

So far Bioshock is working great, though my FPS were so high (in the 180's) that I had to turn on V-Sync to avoid headaches from all the flickering lights and screen tearing without v-sync on

Not one instance of FPS ever dipping below 60FPS, even with a screen full of splicers chopping/shooting me (Would check FRAPS count after every intense fight or special effects fest)

14. Aleksandarcox

Aleksandarcox Member

GPU:
    nVidia 8500 GT 256 MB
    Well, It's getting better and better. 2 patches are released already.:banana::)

15. TheSarge

TheSarge Guest

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 TI FT
    Just ran a session of Rome Total War, with the Roma Surectum mod, and no problems. Will test with Medievil II Total War: Kingdoms next.

16. Eesi

Eesi Guest

GPU:
    Gtx 1080 H2O
    so sf4 ran just fine no probs so far and benchmark score was 8597 with everything maxed out, 4xaa @1900x1200. no graka oc and cpu just @ 3,2ghz
    vista ultimate x64
    gonna test coj bound in blood

17. Valagard

Valagard Guest

Did a hour and a half playtest with Ghostbusters: The Video Game, as expected with this game framerates were all over the map as normal, lowest it went down to was 25FPS

However, I did see a -MASSIVE- increase in framerates for the high cap, I saw a framerate climb as high as 160FPS at a few points, but very briefly/not sustainable in any sort of way, this game is just badly programmed

18. Legion666

Legion666 New Member

GPU:
    MSI GTX275 OC Frozr
    thank god im not the only one with this ****t up problem. i use 182.67. they work also good;)

19. XcroN

XcroN Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1080Ti Aorus xtreme
    They will relese this drivers for xp?

20. espartanofx

espartanofx New Member

GPU:
    PNY 470 GTX
    so should i use this driver? or stay with 186.18? i got vista home 64