Ghost Busters The Game

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by maikai, Dec 5, 2008.

1. Gameslove

Gameslove Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX760 4GB OC/GTS450physX
    Yeah, great gameplay 10/10, but game fully depend on CPU (as well visuals effectcs do by CPU not GPU - old technology optimization - worst.)

2. morfeus02

morfeus02 Guest

GPU:
    GOOD
    runs great 1920*1080 all maxed 40/60fps

pretty funny game^_^

3. Gameslove

Gameslove Master Guru

GPU:
    Max settings (Soft particles off), no AA, 16AF, 1280x1024, Catalyst 9.6, Windows XP SP3:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. shaderlord

shaderlord Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus GTX 280 OC
    My maximum frame rate on this game is 120, without locking the frame rates. I got fps drops on all the levels, but when I went on the streets for the first time my fps fropped even at 18 fps. The engine is very bad optimized and when performing outdoor graphics lags very much.
    I refuse to believe some people have on this part over 60 fps constantly. I tried everything, but can't get rid of the huge frame rate drops and it's really getting annoying.

[​IMG]

5. Bentez

Bentez Guest

GPU:
    Palit GR RTX 3080
    I'm not using steam but i cant get SLI working, ive re-name the exe to UT3.exe and enabled SLI in nhancer but still cant seem to get both chips working. are you doing any thing else?

6. Gameslove

Gameslove Master Guru

GPU:
    That it make people buy a new CPU (like 4 core). Developers don't want use new GPU technologies in game, like ATI Stearm in game, actually beat them.

For example, Velvet Assassin very good optimized for GPU - avg 30-65, max settings, max AA, 1280x1024, no slow down to 10 FPS.

The best game optimization developers team is Capcom - I think Bionic Commando, Resident Evil 5 run great on my PC max settings. Devil May Cry 4 - run very very great max settings.

7. TheHunter

TheHunter Banned

GPU:
    MSi N570GTX TFIII [OC|PE]
    lol quite the opposite, why would someone have a quad and not doing anything!

i completely agree with the devs on this one..

look at this video, it show game engine in action and a little cpu physics stress test at 3:05 min.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H9boF-JZKcU

yep i got there 45 if went all the way to the back ( reso 1280x1024), otherwise 50-60 with cap on..

Last edited: Jun 20, 2009
  8. shaderlord

shaderlord Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus GTX 280 OC
    You wanna tell me your fps never droped below 30 even for a few seconds in that area? It's hard to believe.

9. TheHunter

TheHunter Banned

GPU:
    nope never.

but i did tweak the ini a bit and ssao makes artifacts and slows down to 4 fps with 2x aa on x and 2x on y loll, without ssao its hovers around 45fps that's in the library by the boss, if off it stays at 60. Renaming to UT3 didnt help either in fact i saw a more crappy performance.

guess i'll play without aa, in movement i barely see any jaggies.

btw, this game requires minimum of 512mb, if you have anytihng lower it refuses to run, its in the readme, so those with less than 1gb and on high reso, will have slowdowns...

10. shaderlord

shaderlord Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus GTX 280 OC
    What exactly did you changed in the ini file? What setting(s)? Maybe it could help me and others. The SSAO option is disabled by default.

11. Locoyote

Locoyote Guest

GPU:
    GTX1060 6GB
    I'm so fed up with this game, it's lagging so much it's like a slideshow! AAARGh!

I get framerate swings from 100 facing one way, turn round and it's 9.
    Totally unplayable.

LOOKS LIKE A QUADCORE IS MIN SPEC REQUIREMENT! FFS!

DID I MENTION FFS !

12. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 3080Ti Gaming OC
    Played for a few hours, for the sake of beeing a huge Ghostbusters fan. The game is fun, graphics and physics look really good, gameplay is even better.. but damn it's pain with no quad core. T.T

13. shaderlord

shaderlord Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus GTX 280 OC
    I feel you, man. I got the same problems. I don't know what's wrong with this game. This is the only game that have this issue.

gerardfraser posted some pictures on the previous page. He has an dual core E8400 just like me and he got higher frame rates. I just don't know what to think. I heard the game uses only one core.

14. Locoyote

Locoyote Guest

GPU:
    GTX1060 6GB
    That physics demo on youtube showed a quadcore processing all the physics. It is a very wierd problem though, as it seems to run smooth and process physics in one direction but when you move it goes to crap. Also the controls feels a bit "jerky" when you move the mouse.

I tried turning nvidia physx off and on. Makes no difference, so it's definately not using the GPU. Maybe a patch will help, or maybe a new driver.

15. derdante

derdante New Member

GPU:
    GTX 275 896 MB
    Did anyone try the SSAO? I get framerates below 5 fps with it being turned on and wondered if it would be playable on a SLI rig.

16. TheHunter

TheHunter Banned

GPU:

i changed ssao to 1 and it laged to 4 fps and it was broken too... saw some strange shadow artifacts

i also tried antialiasing
    antiAliasMultipleX=1
    antiAliasMultipleY=1

both to 2, but like i said, i saw a noticeable drop 45fps avg...

the ini file is found at >>>

C:\Documents and Settings\username\Local Settings\Application Data\GHOSTBUSTERS (tm)

this is in xp.

im also using 60fps cap without vsync since i dont see any frame tearing.

here are those screens outside

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

17. gerardfraser

gerardfraser Guest

GPU:
    R9 290 Crossfire
    Sorry guys did not mean to mislead anyone,I used my core I7 machine and 285 cards to play the game.Tried out nhancer did not help any,so forcing xQ,AF thru nvidia control panel.

Had crashing with 186.08 driver and went too driver 182.46.

xQ,AF,SSAO do not work very good,SLI does work but not the best
    I am sure when I get to the street part I too might be dropping to below 20,need to play some more and see how it goes.

18. LedHed

LedHed Banned

GPU:
    BenQ FP241W
    that doesn't work and that is exactly what I tried previously and posted the error message.

I tried launching directly from the exe and either I get an Error 53 or I get Application Failed To Launch

Is there something else you're doing?

19. Year

Year Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 690
    i've improved the smootheness of the game no end by renaming the EXE to Bioshock.exe then cranking up the AA 4x AF 4x or 8x and setting the framelock to 60.

this is perfect for lowish res such as 1024x768, 1280x720 or 1440x900 (my resolution).

give it a try.

20. LedHed

LedHed Banned

GPU:
    BenQ FP241W
    I finally figured out how to rename the exe in Steam games, all you do is make a copy of the original rename that one, but leave both of them in the folder. This way Steam launches and NVIDIA CP reads it as what you want. My FPS went from 45-55fps to 100-120fps and I can now use any AA/AF settings I want.

It should look like this if you use BioShock.exe:

[​IMG]