Where are the Drivers?

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by Hog54, May 28, 2009.

1. F2000

F2000 Active Member

GPU:
    AMD RX 7900XT
    It doesn't matter if they give out solid good drivers, not the buggy ones like 185.
    I hope new drivers would improve performance in almost all benchmarks and games, not just in new games and decrease performance in other games and old cards.
    Ati has been doing well in this aspect and did show respect to users with old models.

2. Jack Nicholson

Jack Nicholson Member Guru

GPU:
    3 way SLI GTX 280 x 3
    185 series has caused graphical corruption and tearing in Empire: Total War, so I've been waiting over a month for them to fix that so I can try it on my new system....

I can only hope they are just taking their time to sort out all the bugs...

3. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    You guys are starting to sound like the people in the ATI Driver section. New drivers will be released when they're ready. Until then, either find a driver that works with your configuration...or just deal with whatever issues you've caused yourself. And for those of you whining in this thread about problems with the 185.xx drivers...it's time to stop posting in the ATI Driver section claiming how perfect nVidia's drivers are...it's just sad to whine in one section and brag in another about the exact same thing.

Also, the worst "SLI drivers" for Vista....were the first several sets. But, I guess anyone that doesn't know that didn't try to run SLI when Vista first came out.

4. bokah

bokah Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 670GTX 2G
    we DO live in a perfect world

5. mikeva901

mikeva901 Master Guru

GPU:
    AMD 7970 1125/1575
    185's have been fine for me luckily but where are new ones ? :(

6. Jack Nicholson

Jack Nicholson Member Guru

GPU:
    3 way SLI GTX 280 x 3
    Oh and I forgot to mention the kill cam flickering in DoD: Source and TF2. Really hoping drivers are released in June...

7. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    The 185.85 WHQLed drivers have been absolutely fine for me, no problems at all. Well I've a few Not Responding messages with Fallout 3, followed by the game freezing, but I'm not sure that is a driver issue myself. Every other games works fine though and I've not noticed any of these AF issues that others have mentioned.

Personally, I think it is nice not to have beta drivers every few days as you find yourself forever installing and testing them rather than just enjoying the games. I much prefer ATI/AMD's policy of only releasing a new driver set every month and NO betas. I wish NVIDIA would do the same. Sure I can ignore the numerous betas but when they're available to try, it's kind of hard to resist really. And, yes, I am weak.

8. alanm

alanm Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080
    Fallout 3 has worked its best ever for me with the 185.85. Only issue I can see with these drivers is that AO doesnt work in any game that supports it when selected in the CP.

I think we'll see new drivers this week. Today or tomorrow is my gut feeling.

9. Burnt_Ram

Burnt_Ram Guest

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1050 Ti
    Hopefully we'll get a new beta this week. i finally tried the 185's despite the BAD reviews, and they where a joke on my machine too.

10. Nismo GTR

Nismo GTR Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus GTX690
    You seriously need to chillout big time mate :bang: what exactly was the point in your post other than the drivers are perfect and its everybodys problem that they have " caused yourself ".

Far too many peeps having issues for it to be user problem and i'm chuffed to bits they work for you { really i am :banana: }but they don't for others.

As Delboy once siad........YOU PLONKER!

Last edited: Jun 1, 2009

11. ati666

ati666 Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte R9-290x Windforc
    SLI is worse in these drivers then ever before, i get crashes and i dont wanna go back to previuos driver, cuz they dont have AO.

THIS IS REALLY SAD REALLY SAD.....

12. zeljkoni

zeljkoni Banned

GPU:
    MSI GTX660 twin frozr OC
    ARMA II is out and performance is "crap" so i think new driver should be out soon... :)

13. bokah

bokah Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 670GTX 2G
    i like way nv gives us beta drivers to test rather than implement hotfix driver later that opens allready fixed bugs or create new ones

14. F2000

F2000 Active Member

GPU:
    AMD RX 7900XT
    oh you remind me of nvidia's tradition, fix one bug and produce another one in the process:nerd:

15. mikeva901

mikeva901 Master Guru

GPU:
    AMD 7970 1125/1575
    oh i forgot, i get bad texture corruption/Flickering on most CS:S maps with these , luckily i only play office and theres only abit of flickering in CT spawn. Hope its fixed in the next release.

16. gunslinger

gunslinger Master Guru

GPU:
    1 EVGA GTX titan 6gig SC
    now, now children play nice. BTW the 185's work great for me also :stewpid:

17. sava700

sava700 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080GTX FWT
    the latest WHQL work great for me in XP, Vista and Win7... near fresh installs of each too on modern cards. With that I wouldn't imagin we will see any new drivers for a while now...but would love to hear about the Big Bang III :D

18. Dahzeal33

Dahzeal33 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x eVGA GTX 275 SLI
    We need to get a guru on the inside to leak info to us :nerd:

19. DooGie

DooGie Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 970 SC
    Whatever drivers nVidia release next one thing is certain.

Some here will like them and others will hate hate them :infinity:

Such is life :)

20. Mineria

Mineria Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 3080 Ti
    Works in AoC so it is not every game where it doesn't work.