Stupid Australia

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by dcx_badass, May 21, 2009.

1. hallryu

hallryu Don Altobello

GPU:
    2x HD7970
    Those limits are sick and not in a good way! Also I'm with Satch, you shouldn't be bitching about lack of service when that service is actually stolen. END OF!

2. chispy

chispy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    This is a vey funny tread lol, No internet caps here in Puert Rico :)

3. masterchiefx2

masterchiefx2 Banned

GPU:
    GTX 280 Sli
    i dont got a cap but my speed on utorrent arent the best dowloading family guy all series at 20kbps damn people capping their seeding although i cap mine at 10 and stop when its finished lol! !

4. Renegade8100

Renegade8100 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 SC
    damn.. i have a 1.5mb/384kb dsl line with no cap. its bad because its slow but it suits my needs and i can game anything (in my country LOL) with a low ping

5. madmax987

madmax987 Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire ATI HD4870 512mb
    Australia is crazy!!!! Here in the UK I pay £17.50/$35 AUD for a 16 meg uncapped connection! BE Broadband really does look like the best broadband company in the world at the moment!

Some BE users have tested their usage to the extreme, with users downloading 500GB a month and not so much as a letter or phone call from BE!

6. Billabong

Billabong Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 9800GTX
    I'm on 1500 down/256 up, capped to 64k after 12GB upload/download and it costs $A69.95/month but because I've let Telstra rip me off for nearly 10 years they give it to me for $A49.95/month

you guys with uncapped "true" unlimited plans don't know how good you've got it.

The trouble is that your telco can see what ours are doing

:S

7. lepitius

lepitius Active Member

GPU:
    XFX 9600GT 512DDR3@670mhz
    I happen to share a country with Major Flop and in these parts of Northen Europe (Sweden, Finland, Estonia), download caps are extremely rare. :p
    I have 12mbps down and 768kbps up, costs about 45$ per month and thats only because its part of a IPTV and VoIP phone package. If you're watching the IPTV, you get around 6-7mbps. Of course, right now our speeds don't even compare to Stockholms 11$ 100mbps up and down plans, but the Estonian government along with one of the biggest ISPs just started a project to cover the ENTIRE country with fiberoptics and give everyone access to 100mbps by 2015. It's a fairly new project, but they've already covered thousands of homes.

8. Flopster

Flopster Banned

GPU:
    Club3D 8600GTS 256MB
    Wonder when they'll get to my home:p

But anyway, down our street they were putting in some pipes, but they didn't put internet cables. I mean they plan to put them in there right? So why not do it now:bang:

They'll have to dig the whole thing up later now...

9. Flukester

Flukester Banned

GPU:
    eVga GTX 260 Core216 896M
    Guys you really need to jack off more. Leave the dude(or girl alone) I can handle one "what are you complaining about, it's not your internet" great fine, we all get that but to have constant repeat posts about it. C'mon people grow up. He/she obviously is not going to jump on your troll posts so why bother boring everyone with your comments? I think it was just pointing out the fact that the internet availability there sucks. End of story. I agree a 400mb cap is retarded but it's ultra light for those who only check email etc.

95GB cap is insufficient? That is technically 3GB a day and for me it's more than plenty. I'd rather have no cap, but oh well. I live in Canada and companies like Bell and Canada can F consumers up the arse all they want. Our CRTC is literally invisible.

10. welcome to the country of alcoholics, drug addicts and grously over priced ISP

11. The Chosen 1

The Chosen 1 Master Guru

GPU:
    2x 6870 MSI TwinFrozer II
    We don't seem to have caps in here (Portugal) ... and a country that some of you still considers a third world country is going to be covered with fiber optic pretty soon... and a country as the US which has a GIP (or whatever...) much higher still doesn't invest in it...

You guys that are happy with your caps and crappy internet conections should complain more and effectively do something ... otherwise you're going to continue to take it up the ass from your isp's ...

Last edited: May 28, 2009
  12. Mad Cow

Mad Cow Maha Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire+HIS X1950 PRO Crossfire+OC

Yea Bell sucks majorly. I started hating them when they introduced an invisible cap on their "unlimited" connections, so essentially nobody knows where the cap is, but once you reach it your speeds get throttled to hell. And now they're limiting torrent download speeds to 30 kb/s during "peak hours" which is essentially from dawn to dusk.

And now they only sell fibre-optic connections and leave the people still on DSL to essentially fend for themselves. Their technical support is worse than useless because it's all from some call centre in India and the people working there have no idea what they're even talking about so they just keep saying something is wrong with my router or modem and hang up when I tell them that everything is fine on my end. I've been put on hold then dropped 3 times in a row, and every time I call I end up being put on hold at least 5 times before I give up and just wait it out and hope it starts working again. Out of the 10 times I called and got past the first 2 times being put on hold, I only got to speak to someone in Canada once, and he instantly sent someone over to check my connection. I've read that the only way to get real success from their technical support is to call their accounts and billing department and threaten to switch to another company.

13. acer

acer Banned

GPU:
    evga 9800gtx
    lol, it was a prison island, what can you expect. lol

but seriously, you are spranging someone connection. be grateful.

14. Ajoobajabajeeba

Ajoobajabajeeba Master Guru

GPU:
    Palit 465
    [​IMG]

gotta love work internet!

15. Flukester

Flukester Banned

GPU:
    eVga GTX 260 Core216 896M
    I tried that and gave them an ultimatum to get it working by the AM. They didn't and I canceled and went with Rogers. I told them my contract with Bell is over, I have zero problems switching every Bell service I have over. Guess that's the price they pay for support out of India.

Rogers is on the otherhand is F'ing fantastic compared to Bell. I've never had more than 1 disconnect, speeds are always top. The only thing I hate about Rogers is their TV Guide is major crap. On Bell I could find what I wanted to watch in 3 seconds, on Rogers you spend your time scrolling up and down and then it's not even reactive to time so when you spend 5mins looking for something you don't realize you are scrolling through the previous 30mins of TV. Rogers is also not getting some HD channels I got on Bell so that angers me somewhat but when I found out they are Bell channels I can see why they don't get them.

Overall, Rogers kicks Bell's butt in everything. So glad I switched. Funny thing too is, when I moved into my house I was with Rogers and they stunk. I dropped em. When I came back to Rogers I got this great discount on all my services for being a returning customer. Amazing how much they improved their network over 7 years though.

16. inklimited

inklimited Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 6850 900MHz
    LOL. Some Yank was given top job of our internets. Apparently, the ISP in question had a long plan to upgrade the ADSL network to long distance ADSL. That would have helped alot of fringe areas, as well as some rural ones. Sure, the desert would still be dry, but let's be realistic.

Anyway, this Yank figures, nah, Aussies are stupid, so let's give 'em what stupid people want. What do we get? Mobile phone internet. You gotta be kidding. Latency minimum 400, down and up speeds comparable to 1999. WOW. But now we can watch TV on the bus.

Good riddance Sol. Shove your golden handshake.

17. dcx_badass

dcx_badass Guest

GPU:
    Palit GTX 1060 6GB
    The apple store in sydney has awesome internet!

I presume it's wireless as on the speed test map it says i'm slap bang in the centre of the country. But not sure how it works tbh.

[​IMG]

18. Pete3d

Pete3d Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte 4870 1GB@V8700
    i hate australian internet. when i came as student 2 years ago, i started with dialup!!!!!

19. Psytek

Psytek Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x 260 GTX 216 SLI
    Do you guys not have like a trading standards dept or a telecoms watchdog or something?

400meg caps are just ridiculous.

20. Mannerheim

Mannerheim Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 6800XT
    Im sorry about ******* australia coverment... They do really suck ass what i have been read in these few years..
    We have no download limit in Finland .. "yet" .. Hopefully never.
    But we have sucky slow connections with 50% of people... 1/1Mb.
    I have 4/1Mb

No coverment shoud allow these connection cripple ****ties at all. Maybe its cause they are scared of piwates and horrible horror games..

Last edited: May 31, 2009