-=The Guru of 3D rig gallery rev.2 Part 5=-

Discussion in 'Die-hard Overclocking & Case Modifications' started by John, Feb 16, 2009.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. scoter man1

scoter man1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070ti
    Aww, you suck man. Lol you got the build that pretty much 100% of us want =P. Hope you have lots of fun with that thing!

2. Marri

Marri Guest

GPU:
    Great rigs guys..

hallryu ; congrats on the changes you've made , btw is that a new case , it looks so different this time around. Congrats on winning the card. ;)
    Impressive , your systems really transformed.

masterchiefx2: great job there ;)

mitzi76: very nice I must say.. love the red.

Last edited: May 17, 2009
  3. avivoni

avivoni Ancient Guru

GPU:
    560ti 448 classified
    moved one of the neons. now better glow on HS fans

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. Marri

Marri Guest

GPU:
    avivoni: it looks much better now , great work btw..

5. chispy

chispy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Avivoni , wooow you making that rig look very very sweet , much cleaner and awsome UV light effects too ,I like it a lot :thumbup: , hey bro now you own me a :cheers: back home :givebeer: , that TRUE in push - Pull configuration its going to let you OC that i7 to the moon :eek:c:. Great job on the Rig bro.

chispy.

6. Tat3

Tat3 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070 Ti Super
    @ avivoni: Those numbers in mobos led display, those were what you got during boot ? Not fun to see PC like your not working and giving some hardware errors.

So it's FF (Full Failure) after few seconds and works fine ? :)

7. avivoni

avivoni Ancient Guru

GPU:
    560ti 448 classified
    that is cpu temperature, once the OS is up the led displays the cpu temp. its showing 29-30 notice the mobo is in btx form so its upside down.

8. Rinnix

Rinnix Member

GPU:
    8800 GTX SLI
    you're right, there's really not enough space in the back, since it's a one-piece panel from front to back. maybe a modular Psu and a sata hd (to replace the old ide) can make it a little cleaner...if not so, some extra holes in the back could be the answer...!

9. hallryu

hallryu Don Altobello

GPU:
    2x HD7970
    Thanks Marri. I got this case at Crimbo. I have added the clear side panel recently! Reseating my CPU cooler and cutting the wiring slots has reduced my load temps by 5C. Well chuffed:D

10. ElementalDragon

ElementalDragon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVidia RTX 4090 FE
    avivoni: just to clarify, the flipped over motherboard isn't BTX. BTX was actually a completely different motherboard layout as well, and was only really ever used by OEM's such as Dell, HP, and the like. some case manufacturers started designing cases where the motherboard was reversed, as in yours, because for the most part, the GPU is the hottest running piece of hardware in a computer, so why have it at the bottom and potentially heat up the CPU in the process.

11. avivoni

avivoni Ancient Guru

GPU:
    560ti 448 classified
    elemental : I didn't know that as u can see I tought btx meant having it like that. thanks for the explanation. I stand corrected.:)

12. memorex11218

memorex11218 Guest

Hey guys, what paint do you use to get that nice solid color. I tried using normal glossy acrylic but I get runs, plus on top of that it comes off with the slightest touch. I tried coating it with a clear acrylic but that only made it worse.

13. avivoni

avivoni Ancient Guru

GPU:
    560ti 448 classified
    i used automotive paints on mine. first clean trougly, if the surface is too soft u should sand it a bit, then apply primer, then u can sand again or not, then u apply paint, lots of coats, waiting about 10 minutes between coats, and dont aim your can or airgun too close

14. FULMTL

FULMTL Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AOC 27"
    The FrankenPC from spare parts was the biggest, most comlicated, confusing PC Ive ever put together. Found out that the floppy drive to update the messed up BIOS wasnt reading properly. Put in another floppy drive and success (after an hour or more of troubleshooting). Already installed Windows7 on an old 60GB temporarily and the only parts Im missing to get this fully in use is a VGA (ATI 4770 maybe), new power button, and a cheap SATA hard drive. [​IMG]
    This PC was put together to replace my roomies' ancient single core and mainly just so he could play StarCraftII when it gets released. I estimate I will have only spent about -$200 once I get everything installed.

The current setup consists of:
    Intel E6400 (donated)
    2GB DDR2 800Mhz Corsair Dominator (donated)
    EVGA 680i mobo (donated)
    500W CoolerMaster PSU ($30)
    CoolerMaster 590 chassis, 60GB HD, HSF (had lying around)

15. OvR|<|LL

OvR|<|LL Maha Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia
    OK got a nikon p90 this weekend.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Followed the rules to.

Last edited: May 18, 2009

16. Quixz

Quixz Maha Guru

GPU:
    GB RTX 3080TI
    Taken a few weeks ago. It was a nice sunny day so i thought i would clean the pc out side.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

17. avivoni

avivoni Ancient Guru

GPU:
    560ti 448 classified
    ahhh brings me memories when my case was like that.

18. philheckler

philheckler Master Guru

GPU:
    gtx470 SLI
    Finally got round to putting some holes in my antec 900 tray over the weekend to hide some wires ( Because non modular power supply and antec 900 = epic fail!) - before and after pics..

before!

[​IMG]

after !

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

What i did...

Cut large hole in bottom of case and turned the psu over with the fan at the bottom , cut hole next to the psu for cables.

Cut three holes in the tray at the right side of the mobo for cable runs.

With the amount of cables now taped to the back of the mobo tray i was really suprised i manged to get the back cover on - but i did!

Note the use of duck tape to line the holes !:):) worked suprisingly well.

19. GC_PaNzerFIN

GC_PaNzerFIN Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 580 + AC Xtreme
  20. Quixz

Quixz Maha Guru

GPU:
    GB RTX 3080TI
    Good old stock here. :)

Your red and black stacker looks very cool i must say and the hardware just completes the beast of a pc. :eek:c:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.