-=The Guru of 3D rig gallery rev.2 Part 5=-

Discussion in 'Die-hard Overclocking & Case Modifications' started by John, Feb 16, 2009.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. buddyfriendo

buddyfriendo Guest

GPU:
    2070 Super
    What are you temps with that V10?

2. DSK

DSK Banned

GPU:
    HD5770/BenQ G2220HD
    Your cat FTW!!! xD

3. IronFixXxeR

IronFixXxeR New Member

GPU:
    BFG GTX 260 896MB
    Just kidding, I lied...
    56C under load when the temp in the house is where I want it to be...

Last edited: May 8, 2009
  4. vbetts

vbetts Don Vincenzo Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti
    Do want Mac Pro. D:

Aside from the keyboard, you can give me the glass keyboard over the slim keyboard any day.

5. scoter man1

scoter man1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070ti
    that v 10 is pretty kick ass looking. Its not as big as I thought it would be either! Why mac man =( why?! Lol I just looked and saw that a mac pro is 3k plus dollers for a fairly stinky build no offence. For 3-4k I could build a kickass i7 build (2 gtx 295's + 12gb of ram... the works).

6. IronFixXxeR

IronFixXxeR New Member

GPU:
    BFG GTX 260 896MB
    The mac is a long term investment that I expect to use for a solid 7+ years. In my first pic you can see my old mac, a 2002 Dual 1GHz Quicksilver in the bottom left that I recently replaced even though it still works beautifully. PC is used for games only, mac for everything else. I was raised in a household that used Macs and I love em. Never had a PC until I built one for myself!

7. vbetts

vbetts Don Vincenzo Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti
    The mac pro is I7 based.

8. __hollywood|meo

__hollywood|meo Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6700xt @2.7ghz
    i love your wall scroll.. and your cat :D not your mac though. :)

OMFG. bastard!

9. weston

weston Guest

GPU:
    GTX 275
    I bet the Lian-Li A71 would hold both internally. Worth a look anyway, one of the less expensive Lians too. Enjoy the new parts! I just went i7 with some graduation money, really a huge upgrade!

Last edited: May 8, 2009
  10. John

John Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Only by looking at those pictures I can tell you that there's no chance it would fit all my gear. I can see how I would be able to fit one of my two PA120.3 radiators in the top, but there isn't room for the second one. You have to remember that the PA radiators are much larger than "ordinary" radiators, such as the MCR's from Swiftech. I really like all the 3.5" bays in that case, though.

No... the hunt continues :p The only cases I know will fit so much gear are MoutainMods cases, but they're so ugly that I wouldn't want one, and let's not forget about the price. There's also the LianLi cube, which is much nicer looking, but it's still a cube, and I would really prefer a tower of some sort.

11. weston

weston Guest

GPU:
    GTX 275
    yeah the cubes are a little off for me too. Mountain mods - I don't see the beauty in those either! Just overpriced sheet metal. I thought you could maybe fit the 2nd in the front with some modding, but would remove the HDD holders too, if you have several that wouldn't work then - just saw you have 5TB... well, good luck with the search! That's a lot to fit in a case

12. TirolokoRD

TirolokoRD Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 980TI ACX 2
    I am wondering....Do you guys ever lift your cpus???.....cause wow....thats a lot of gear inside a box....

13. The Ninja Kid

The Ninja Kid Active Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte HD7970 3GB
    Sorry about the poor image quality, photos are from my iPhone as my DSLR is currently in a million pieces being cleaned.

The system is not finished yet and wont be for quite some time as im a full time tranie/electronics engineer on a low wage so upgrades are few and far appart.

Sitting at my local pc store is my second 4870 awaiting my final payment so i can install it, both are sapphire HD4870's 1Gig models, CPU is a C2d E6750, 4 gig of corsair value select, 320gig WD sata drive internal and multiple external HDD's scatterd accross my apartment, but have total of 1.5TB sitting on the bench top (2x500G and 2x250G)

Using a corsair 850W PSU has a zalman but was so big i couldnt fit my DVD drive in so i sold it and replaced it with this smaller unit,

Will be upgrading to a Silverstone TJ08 case soon (I have a thing for uATX systems my previous case (2systems ago) was a shuttle S***g5 but i wanted dual GC's so had to go bigger which i wasnt happy about but have grown to like uATX cases)

so after boring you with all that here are the dodgy quality images at this point in time.

http://img56.imageshack.us/img56/9913/img0264.jpgThe far right screen is waiting on that second 4870 to power it (all are ASUS22" wides)

http://img56.imageshack.us/img56/9343/img0263g.jpgThe CPU fan is on an angle as if it is not the fan hits the chipset cooler, and is facing the wrong way due to being to big to fit the other way, I need a new cooler, will get one in the near future.
    http://img56.imageshack.us/img56/838/img0267.jpg
    http://img56.imageshack.us/img56/333/img0260.jpg
    http://img56.imageshack.us/img56/9849/img0266.jpg

Last edited: May 9, 2009
  14. avivoni

avivoni Ancient Guru

GPU:
    560ti 448 classified
    nice monitor setup ninja looks like my old setup, man so many webcam creative webcam live pro. why?. I used to have 2 one logitech fusion for webcam and one modded creative webcam live pro wich was used for facetraking. with freetrack.

15. The Ninja Kid

The Ninja Kid Active Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte HD7970 3GB
    Cheers, I used to use the three for 3d modeling with Mayer 6.0, was trying to make a animated 34 model of my own head coz i was bored one day lol, so i hooked them up along with my logitech one to assit me. now they are just redundant.

before that I used them for security, motion detection, so when i was out if they detected motion they would record the video straight to an online server. so i could check it when i got home. . . so far all i cought with them was my cat lol

16. bilbo b

bilbo b Member

GPU:
    Asus Geforce 260GTX OC
  17. John

John Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Lift the CPU? :p

But no, I don't have to lift my case too much since it has wheels. It's been 6 years since I went to a lanparty too, so I don't need to move it around except when I move, which isn't that often, obviously.

18. Flopster

Flopster Banned

GPU:
    Club3D 8600GTS 256MB
  19. dave5000

dave5000 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GeForce GTX780 SC
    Hi! im David and this is my rig! ;)

It is my first build, i built it in 2006 and i have been updating it!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Im still waiting to buy new parts!

Cheers!

20. Flopster

Flopster Banned

GPU:
    Club3D 8600GTS 256MB
    Looks pretty nice! Good cable management... Real clean kinda looks.

I guess a new mobo and a cpu+cooler is your next buy?

I just now noticed how frickin huge is GTX260:gape:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.