new gameing keyboard!

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by abenson246, Apr 25, 2009.

1. abenson246

abenson246 Active Member

GPU:
    460 1G
  2. bp9801

bp9801 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    BFG 8800 GTX
    I hear the Merc Stealth programming has conflicts with Vista SP1, if you're using that. For a mouse, I'd go with something that looks.. comfortable.

3. micketh

micketh Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 3070 8GB
    Im going to go with something simple and comforatble. I'm considering the Logitech G5 2007 edition and the OCZ Illuminati or Saitek Eclipse Slim/3. I would try and find somebody who owns a good gaming keyboard and mouse setup and have a go with what they have. What looks good on paper or is good for others might not be particularly comfortable for you.

4. duffarama

duffarama Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX580
    The Logitech G15 version 2 is also a fantastic gaming keyboard.

5. TrrXtr33m

TrrXtr33m Master Guru

GPU:
    Gainward GTX 260 G.Sample
    yeah i was gunna say about the G11 and G15rv.2 and there about the same price..

Mice wise im still a fan of Razor but there not to alls taste.

6. Ragingun

Ragingun Guest

GPU:
    295x2
    I run the Merc Stealth on vista SP1 and no issues. It's THE BEST keyboard I've ever owned. Smooth typing, easy key press, and the profiles and gaming ability with the attached keypad are excellent and very comfortable. I will never buy another board.

As far as the mouse goes, I've got 2-one MX510 that is just a really nice feeling mouse and the G5 which doesn't have the smooth feel, but with the interchangable weight set makes it a great mouse.

The only thing you need to remember is that the Merc Stealth is a very long keyboard. If you use a keyboard sliding drawer, you won't have room for your mouse on it too.

Last edited: Apr 26, 2009
  7. Anubis

Anubis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 760 4GB
    Logitech G15 or G19 are great gaming keyboards
    The Roccat Valo also looks nice, but it's been delayed thou

For a mouse, Deathadder, G9 or Roccat Kone

8. abula

abula Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX4090 Strix
    On mouse, Logitech MX518 or Razer DeathAdder.

On Keyboards, Logitech G11, G15v2, G19, SteelSeries 7G.

9. Nato.dbnz

Nato.dbnz Ancient Guru

GPU:
    5870 Crossfire
    Saitek Eclipse for the keyboard.

10. Alec**

Alec** Maha Guru

GPU:
    Saphire 5850 1GB H²0
    Wow your sugestions look very cool! The Logitech g15 and g19 keyboards are great, Saitek Eclipse hmmm ive used it and it does fell a bit tacky especially compaired to other kbds simular.
    My setup: Razer Deathadder, Razer Tarantular and a Razer Goliathus mouse mat ... Honestly i wouldnt change a thing ;) It is amazing to use for gaming, and looks great!

11. Nato.dbnz

Nato.dbnz Ancient Guru

GPU:
    5870 Crossfire
    Lol, The Eclipse is one of the most solid keyboards on the market, famous for its build quality & excellent key feedback...

12. IcE

IcE Don Snow

GPU:
    3070Ti FE
    I like my Saitek Eclipse II. Feels great for typing, good tactile response, nice colors for glowing purposes, and an overall solid feel. Much better than the first model.

13. Iarwain

Iarwain Banned

GPU:
    4890 990//1120
    Big fan of my G15. Solid board, love the keys, love the software, and the LCD helps monitor temperatures for people who like to overclock to the limit or know when something's wrong.

14. xD.FaTaL

xD.FaTaL Member Guru

GPU:
    eVGA GeForce GTX 280
    G15 all the way. Best gaming keyboard out there. Most games utilize the LCD Screen. its great.

Mouse - I have the G5 but G9 looks real good

Last edited: Apr 27, 2009
  15. Pill Monster

Pill Monster Banned

GPU:
    7950 Vapor-X 1100/1500
    I really liked the MS Digital Media Keyboard. I use a crappy IBM atm though because I keep destroying my K/B's.
    Been through 4 so far in the last year.

My G5 is great for gaming, but unfortunately Logitech's software is pure suckage.

btw Has anyone tried out the relativly new MS gaming Keyboard?
    It came out about a year ago I think. Can't recall what it's called but it looked impressive...

Last edited: Apr 27, 2009

16. SnooSnoo

SnooSnoo Guest

GPU:
    Intel HD510
    Died within 4 months of gamng. :)

Razer keybs look nice, specialy the tarantula :D... but way too expensive for my taste.

17. Li4m79

Li4m79 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xPalit GTX770 Jetstream
    saitek eclipse3 for memmmm sturdy, backlights, touch volume panel, mmedia keys, headphone and mic sockets too!!

love it!!

18. Alec**

Alec** Maha Guru

GPU:
    Saphire 5850 1GB H²0
    Yeah, i was refering to the original one but i feel that for the budget abenson246 is working with, you can achieve much better. The Eclipse is good value and perfect for those who dont want to spend much on a keyboard ... Gues it depends on what a keyboard is to you.

19. Nato.dbnz

Nato.dbnz Ancient Guru

GPU:
    5870 Crossfire
    I'm talking about the Eclipse I, the first model. Have owned it for over 2 years and it's still as good as new. I'm not trying to argue as rating peripherals is very subjective, however I just don't think you are fairly representing this keyboard and there are a load of people who feel the same.

Despite the fact there are now 2 revisions of this keyboard I still feel the original eclipse is one of the best keyboards you can buy. Not only in its pricerange, but better than more expensive boards as well. The thign is, they have made the fundamentals extremely well, and not bothered with unnecessary extras. I would much rather have a high quality keyboard with no extras, than a cheap nasty board with a tonne of additional knobs & buttons.

20. Alec**

Alec** Maha Guru

GPU:
    Saphire 5850 1GB H²0
    Nato.dbnz, Im not saying its a bad keyboard, and i know many people will swear by it, However abenson246 is working with a higher budget, so he would expect possibly more features and all I wanted to achieve is to inform him that there may be better alternitives available for his price range.

You may well not agree with me, which is completely understandable but i dont want to start an argument over it.

Thank you & Sorry