working out tips needed (pics incl for the women lol)

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by damien666, Apr 13, 2009.

1. evilkiller650

evilkiller650 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac 980ti AMP! Extreme
    That looks.... unnecessary. I'd drop the pyramid scheme. How long does it take to continuously change all those weights? You must waste 10 minutes a day!

Go ask for advice on one of the popular bodybuilding forums, it'd be nice to see their thoughts on the pyramid scheme.

2. damien666

damien666 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    gtx580 EK H2O @36'c load
    its all on machines so its take 2sec, also this was just to see what i could handle now i know i will be not starting so low, is it normal for the weights i used also about the calf's?

3. damien666

damien666 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    gtx580 EK H2O @36'c load
    @evilkiller650

hi mate i seem to have a problem, you see my muscles are weird, i seem to be weight limited and not worn out limited, let me explain...i can do 8reps with the highest possible weight i can lift and then really struggle with the last rep but after a 30sec res im ready so go again, and again, it seems that with only that small rest i can just keep going with that weight over and over all night...but what is weird is that i cant lift any higher than that amount im doing its like an invisible person is just now allowing it to happen like the runners wall block

my muscles seem to have mega resistant to breaking down, their MEGA durable and id need to do like 6sets+ of 8reps to start to feel the burn or what ever people call it, or i dont feel like ive worked out, its the same with my abs i could do that 89kg all day with little stops between the sets.

i just dont think my body is a bulk up body, i think its more rock climbing LONG endurance stuff, whats ur thoughts

Last edited: Apr 17, 2009
  4. jimmyme

jimmyme Active Member

GPU:
    4870 1gb GS_stock air
    I was just scanning the forums and happened across this.
    It's so scary still how homophobic people can be...shame, shame, so archaic.
    Anyway back to the topic, cause its not about what I just posted.

5. JPennStar

JPennStar Maha Guru

GPU:
    AMD 7970M
    jimmyme its a joke, go get a sense of humor; calling a guy gay is just another way of ribbing another guy. Heck I bet gay guys rib each other over being straight.....

Anyways.

Damien666: I told you that you are of a lean build and don't naturally put on a lot of muscle; Indeed you are built for endurance. Maybe you should play that up with the girls instead. ;) . Furthermore, you haven't been doing this for very long, bodybuilding is something that happens over years; so you've just got to keep at the heavy weights.

6. damien666

damien666 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    gtx580 EK H2O @36'c load
    hi thanks.

so i will tone up really easy as i have allredy but my workout will need to be as much weight and as meny sets of reps untill i drop lol, ok i suppose i will get bets of both worlds tone from plenty of reps and bulk from eating 4-6k calories perday + the weights. im now 12.2stone which means ive gained like half a stone quickly, i will keep it up but im going to have to increase my sittups as im starting to get a gut lol, i want it to spread out but i seems to be staying in the abs lol. maybe i shoudl increase to a five day workout emm will have to think on this

7. Decane

Decane Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1060 6GB
    Creatine has the effect of accumulating fluid in your muscles. Also: your belly won't get any smaller from doing more sit-ups... You can't isolate a specific body part for fat loss just by exercising that body part -- that's not how it works. Your body acts on a priority basis, which means that it extracts calories from the most convenient source. If you've only been doing this for about a week or so and you're already getting a gut and you think it might be fat gathering there, then you should probably slow down. Remember: your body will rather break down muscle for energy than get rid of "precious" fat supplies, so if you go overboard with the weight gaining now, you might regret it later when you need to shake the fat off at the expense of the muscles you worked so hard to build. MODERATION is the word. ;)

8. damien666

damien666 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    gtx580 EK H2O @36'c load
    im not so sure its fat i think its just my gut expanding to hold all this extra food, i have had a great idea though i had a fitness test done a few months ago at gym but then i stopped going for about 2months and ive just started back up for good just now as this topic states, so i will see if they have record and get a new test done, i will know then

9. tuco

tuco Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2 460's
    Hello, I'm thinking about getting some gym equipment for the home, cycle maching dumbells and a bench of some sort. I need help selecting the bench though, perhaps someone came help?

Thinking about buying from these guys:

http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Browse/ID71/12108302/c_1/1|category_root|Sports+and+leisure|12108128/c_2/2|cat_12108128|Home+gym+equipment|12108295/c_3/3|cat_12108295|Weight+lifting+and+exercise+benches|12108302.htm

I need a bench where I can exercise with dumbells in each hand, moving the arms 90 degrees from parallel with ribs to a vertical position centre to my chest (hope that makes sense ) The bench would also allow me to do sit ups too. I don't want to spend more than 80 uk pounds though.

Edit: I need to work out the lower chest, so i might need a bench that allows dips.

Thanks.

Last edited: Apr 23, 2009
  10. damien666

damien666 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    gtx580 EK H2O @36'c load
    some thing liek this if ur looking on the cheep

http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Produ...ght+lifting+and+exercise+benches|12108302.htm

http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Produ...ght+lifting+and+exercise+benches|12108302.htm

p.s. where int he uk do u live

11. Sota

Sota Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 980 Gaming 4G
    This bench here would do good as it is adjustable for decline so you can do decline db press and flys for lower chest, and leg hooks to do roman chair situps (when the bench is in decline position as well). You could also use it in the flat position to do 1 arm rows for back, and incline position for incline db curls.

Right in your price range.

Last edited: Apr 23, 2009
  12. tuco

tuco Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2 460's
    Thanks for the advice. I'm London btw Damien.

As far as spending is concerned, I don't want to spend more than 400 pounds total.

13. Final_Light`

Final_Light` Member Guru

GPU:
    ASUS GTX280 1GB
    Ok, if you want to gain muscle, this is what i'm doing and it works for me.

3 Main Supplements:
    - Protein
    - Creatine
    - Multi-vitamins

Protein - Take a protein shake 3 times a day (perferably mix with water for quicker intake)
    1) As soon as you wake up
    2) 45 mins before a work out
    3) asap after the workout.

Creatine - Take 1 scoop provided with 500ml water once a day
    1) 30 mins before a work out
    (Note: Creatine works by helping tear your muscles more during a workout and also gives a boost of endurance during a workout to ensure more reps. With this it is preferd to drink 2-4 litres of water a day and drink water during your workout to help the torn muscles repair quicker and grow bigger.)

Multi-vitamins - Take 1 tablet
    1) In the morning after breakfast

I'm not going to provide a work out shceduale because everyone is different. All i can say is for muscle building, include these 5 excersises
    1) Benchpress
    2) Bicep Curls (bar or dumbells)
    3) Dead lifts
    4) Military Press
    5) Lat Pull Down

It's up to you how you do you work out, but for best results, find your max rep on each excersise (the weight where you can only do 1 rep max). Then lower that for about 75-80% of max and do 3 sets of 8 reps. But it really all depends on how bad you want it.

<3

14. Marduk-

Marduk- Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 8800GT @ 680/1800
    The recommended daily intake of water for an adult male without creatine is 4 litres so it's safe to safe at least get 4+ litres of water when using creatine. 2 litres is way to little.

15. evilkiller650

evilkiller650 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac 980ti AMP! Extreme
    The amount of money you'd spend on all that you'd be better off buying healthy, natural, proper food!

I'd agree with most of that except swap the Lat Pull Downs for some pull-ups. The ultimate 'wing' builder. Use your imagination if you can't do do full pull-ups yet.

16. Marduk-

Marduk- Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 8800GT @ 680/1800
    That's on top of healthy natural proper food. It's a supplement not a replacement.

17. Final_Light`

Final_Light` Member Guru

GPU:
    ASUS GTX280 1GB
    Amen ;)

18. Marduk-

Marduk- Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 8800GT @ 680/1800
    Good to see someone who understands this. Way to many people think that protein shakes can replace good healthy meals.

19. rsjrv99

rsjrv99 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 770 OC Windforce
    good luck getting 1.5g of protein per lb bodyweight with just food

what? health natural proper wtf is that ****? eat some ****in big macs damien

and damien, for one you are just starting, eat and lift dont be so ****in anal about everything. as long as youre taking in more calories than you burn no matter what you do you will grow

Last edited: Apr 26, 2009
  20. Jonnyboy

Jonnyboy Guest

GPU:
    EVGA SC GTX 1070
    LMAO.sorry couldn't help it but to show that I know i'm striaght here a pic of me. also no matter how much I work out I can't get tone I just look a bit bulky but there is a lot muscle.

this was taken like last feb but the only thing that has changed is that I have hair now
    [​IMG]