Auzentech Prelude Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Soundcards, Speakers HiFI & File formats' started by davaid, Aug 28, 2007.

1. nam

nam Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW ICX
    Problem here is Win7 .. this is not a problem?? .. who wants beta.. the dam thing is not out yet..

i.e beta OP

2. ElementalDragon

ElementalDragon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVidia RTX 4090 FE
    .... and for some reason i feel you were one of the people constantly bashing Vista when it first came out. There isn't a whole lot wrong with Windows 7. Quite a few people here are already using it as their primary OS. I was doing so as well for a little while, but went back to Vista.

3. nam

nam Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW ICX
    WHO ME???? if so you got that wrong in a big way ... Simple, best op i have owned .. and i have had them all.. :)

also win7 is a tweaked vista thats why the fast release ..

4. ElementalDragon

GPU:
    NVidia RTX 4090 FE
    0.o if that's what you think, then you haven't really used Windows 7. And if you know OS's, you'd know that very.... VERY few OS's are a complete overhaul. If you ask me, there weren't many noticable differences between XP and Vista (apart from DirectX 10 support and Windows Aero) than there is between Vista and Windows 7.

5. nam

nam Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW ICX
    That's a new one.. lol .. i here xp to vista is big (hardware dependeing etc and more if you upgrade allot) .. but vista to win7 is a small speed increase , i.e Tweaked resources etc.

anyway off topic .. what side of the bed did you get out of today?

6. ElementalDragon

GPU:
    NVidia RTX 4090 FE
    ....again... the main issue with resources is the fact that it handles it's resources differently from XP (ok... that makes the third noticable change between XP and Vista). And the main reason for the increased hardware requirements is if you intend to run Aero, which is when a DX9-supporting GPU is required. As we've seen... people have gotten Vista to run on not-so-current rigs as well..... just with a few sacrifices here and there in the visuals department.

.... could have something to do with the fact that my family eats Easter dinner on the day before Easter, due to my dad being a truck driver, and usually having to leave mid-day Sunday..... and that i had to work yesterday after having a tiny bit of easter dinner, leaving shortly after my aunt and uncle arrived. Also didn't get to see my other aunt, or friends of the family who I usually get to see maybe ONCE per year... and the thought of seeing them twice in a year is damn near heart-attack worthy. And on top of that... i was running the shift yesterday.... and the store manager where i work didn't remember that yesterday was the day before a holiday, and seeing as that store is a liquor store, it tends to be quite busy around holidays. He kinda forgot to schedule someone else to be working until 9:00PM.... so i was stuck there by myself for the last three hours of the day. Also didn't help that the district manager's assistant isn't doing her damn job... which for the most part is actually PAYING ATTENTION to the schedules that are sent in from store managers to make sure everything checks out. So yeah... yesterday f*ckin sucked for me.

7. nam

nam Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW ICX
    Good to get it of your Chest then:).. Breath in then Out .. this works..

Happy easter ..

8. ElementalDragon

GPU:
    NVidia RTX 4090 FE
    yeah... i've tried that. think the only thing that'll help is taking a mini vacation or something. working two years straight not taking a single day off that i wasn't scheduled to be off (and sometimes working on days i WAS scheduled off) around the same people who seriously need a new hobby other than drinking themselves to death is enough to make anyone semi-crazy.

9. MaxBlade

MaxBlade Master Guru

GPU:
    980Ti/970/390/+ more
    I live in a van down my the RIVER!..

ooops wrong thread.. hehe

10. Zyrocenus

Zyrocenus Master Guru

GPU:
    Saph 4890@1033\1200@1.45V
    I had an issue gettin the drivers to work PROPERLY in win7 64 bit as well. I figured it out tho! Mayhap it will help you as well:

My issue is that whenever I would install the drivers on any build of 7 x64 after the 7000 release I would NEVER be able to hear my rear speakers or sides and the whole thing just sounded....weaker? I dunno how to explain it. The other things I stumbled on thru the 10 reboot frustration u mention is that sometimes the audio panel wouldnt work.,...or DTS would go south...or it would bitch there was no audio device for the CTAudio service...yet it would work... lol

Any way.,... the fix for this is kinda long and drawn out but simple. U have to go into the extracted drivers folder and manually set EVERY SINGLE Setup.exe to Vista SP1 Compat mode and set it to run as Admin. I had to change them all to iron out everythin....the Alchemy....the Sounfount Bank Manager -i dont use it but what the hell- the Encoder packs. Now that I went thru that monotamy everything works great...maybe better... the sound separation somehow seems better. This worked for the Prelude 1.1 drivers so I felt brave and installed the DanielK drivers on top of them again changing every setup.exe to VistaSP1 compat and Admin access. Other than the THX panel I note no real differences. My audio lag thru optical is still present -although improved thru driver releases and perhaps win7-

Good luck man!

Zyro

11. Tinuva

Tinuva Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX GeForce™ 8800 GTS Fat
    interesting...tedious but interesting.

12. Zyrocenus

Zyrocenus Master Guru

GPU:
    Ya man! The continous clicking became almost rhythmic itself.... but the end result was well worth it, actually hearing cars behind me and closing in playing GRID, HAWX is simply awesome in full surround with the Prelude running on all cylinders so to speak.

I spent far more time pissin and moanin about what didnt work and the reinstalls than I did in "fixing" the problem in retrospect :)

Zyro

13. Tinuva

Tinuva Master Guru

GPU:
    Isnt it easier to just disable UAC while doing the driver install part, then once you done turn it back on to the default settings?

Personally I'd rather have an admin account where UAC is permanently disabled for when I need to do these driver installs, then have an everyday use account where UAC is enabled. Then again you still need the Vista compatability I guess...

14. Zyrocenus

Zyrocenus Master Guru

GPU:
    I thought the EXACT same thing.... I'm not sure how it works now -using build 7077 x64- but if you disabled UAC in build 7000 or earlier you removed the ability to use the sidebar and said gadgets. Maybe they have fixed this issue and I missed the memo lol I always leave UAC at level 1 setting.... it still annoys me...but at least I can use my gadgets. If anyone can confirm the gadgets work with UAC off then I thank you for bringing this up. I'd test it myself but after I lost my gadgets in the UAC disable, I couldnt get em back. In that light.....maybe you guys shouldnt try it lol

Zyro

15. GenClaymore

GenClaymore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3070 TI 8GB
    Yes they work with UAC off I just tried, I actually thought I had it one when i put a gadet on my desktop. But notice I had it off.

16. ltrave

ltrave New Member

GPU:
    ATI Radeon HD4850 512MB
    Zyro, thank you very much for your reply. I will try to do the install again with UAC disabled (I had it enabled with the screen flash disabled...) and if that doesn't work, I'll go in and manually set them all to Vista SP1 compatibility mode. Hopefully one of these two works for me.

-EDIT-

OK, so I tried setting each setup in the extracted folder to Vista SP1 compatibility mode and that didn't work. Just to make sure I'm doing this right... when I change them all to that am I supposed to go through each setup separately or am I supposed to change them all then go ahead and do the Audio>Setup>Setup.exe one? Because I did that one... lol

Also, I right clicked on Setup.exe and told it to run as Administrator not to mention I disabled UAC before I did it.

Last edited: Apr 18, 2009
  17. Tinuva

Tinuva Master Guru

GPU:
    I believe you have to set the compatibility flag for every setup.exe in all the folders.

18. nam

nam Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW ICX
    Gen why did you swap the Prelude and get the Asus? also are the drivers stable in Games?

19. GenClaymore

GenClaymore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3070 TI 8GB
    I wanted higher sound quailty and I got sick of buying cards with creative chipsets, I wanted something that didnt have creative chip on it. Then I stop being happy with the prelude and wanted something better because in my mind I always knew I had a super X-Fi if you understand what i mean. Then after stop worrying about Eax4-5 and didnt care about emulation of it. I sold the prelude on ebay and got the HDAV13 all of this was done last oct or whatever. I gained alot but at the cost of actual EAX3-5 but I dont care much about it any more. As I am perfect happy and fine with the emulation.

Yes for me the drivers are stable for games, tho are only a few where I have to disable DSGX2.5 but that doesnt bother me at all, neither does the eax3-5 emulation. I did org wanted a Auzentech HDMI but I wasnt happy with the offer that they was gonna do with the trade up. As I wanted to do HDMI out on a reciver that I been thinking of upgrading to. Then I wanted non Downmixed blu ray audio as I had plans of buying a blu ray drive for my computer. But the HDAV13 was the choice for me when rob mention it sounding better then the prelude =x. if his anwser was diffent it prolly wouldnt had happen or would it we will never know.

I haven look back since then, I dont really miss it at all as I totally past that point.But I am all op-amp crazied now with trying totally diffent combos in my I/V and buffer Dip8 sockets on my card.

Last edited: Apr 20, 2009
  20. MaxBlade

MaxBlade Master Guru

GPU:
    980Ti/970/390/+ more
    I'm using 7068 Windows 7 and I believe Daniel_ks but lol I went back and forth so many times .. but everything works great. I never used compatibility mode to install, uac off. Under settings (encoder) I only have Dolby. If that tells you whos I installed lol.. sorry forgot..