182.50 WHQL @ Nvidia

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by Jonny Manc, Apr 2, 2009.

1. GhostXL

GhostXL Guest

GPU:
    PNY EPIC-X RTX 4090
    Try 182.50 WHQL.

2. Ade 1

Ade 1 Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 690
    Have had these installed since they came out which I believe are the latest WHQL drivers from nVidia. Funny thing is Windows Update told me there was an optional update available this evening for nVidia driver for GTX295 but it didn't give any more information than that. I've hidden it but strange it's showing up given that 182.50 seem to be the latest drivers!

Anyone else had this show up? Running Vista x64 bit by the way.

3. HaZe303

HaZe303 Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2070 Super
    Well using windows update to update drivers isnt the most optimal thing to do, as it doesnt check youre driver version, it just checks driver install date. So dont bother with it, just leave it.

4. reeven

reeven Guest

GPU:
    XFX GTX280 750/1450/3000
    :D With 182.50 WHQL @ Nvidia i have the freeze, with ANY other driver this problem does not exist, 17x, 180, 181, etc.

5. 50000 monkeys

50000 monkeys Member

GPU:
    Leadtek gtx 260 extreme
    I did mention this in another post, but just to add....
    i had the 182.06's on a new build and was getting an error message, now and again, so installed the 182.50's after thoroughly cleaning with driver cleaner. After i noticed the fans being a lot louder than before. Turns out that the gpu idle temps had gone from 41 deg to 71 deg !!!! and as soon as i put a game on the temps would go mad and the fan went from 40% to 100%.
    The people with crashing problems or bsod should check their temps before and after .

Good luck

6. surfrat

surfrat New Member

For Matnot....

Intel Q6600 - Quad Core CPU
    Kingston 2x2GB DDRII 800 Memory
    XFX MB 680i LT Motherboard
    Gigabyte 460W PSU
    XFX 8800GTS320 XXX
    Sound Blaster Live 24 bit

Installed driver and on second reboot got blue screen. Tried various install/uninstall combinations with Realtek driver. Only way to get it to work was to disable the onboard audio. My older driver works fine with onboard audio enabled.

7. MatNot

MatNot New Member

GPU:
    260 SLI (a 192 & a 216)
    Hi SurfRat. Your main point of similarity is a NVidia MB. However, my onboard audio is already dissabled.

Hi 50000 monkeys, I'll retry the install and some point noting all the before and after temps. However, as the crash is at the point of entering Windows, after a very long period of low activity, I feel this may not be the cause. Worth a try though.

Has anybody else noticed the crash after the first reset after everything is fully installed?

8. GC_PaNzerFIN

GC_PaNzerFIN Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 580 + AC Xtreme
    I BSOD before even finishing installing these. :(

9. smashly

smashly Master Guru

GPU:
    2x GTX 560ti / GTX 670
    I notice I can swap the nvapi.dll from the older 182.08 driver and EVGA voltage tool v1.1 works without error. (if you have a supported card with the correct vendor id)
    Atm I've had no errors when gaming or benching.
    I must admit I haven't played with settings much in nv control panel, might get stability issues when applying settings or driver optimizations not being available maybe.
    Time will tell I guess..lol
    But damn it's good to have quick 'n' easy voltage control back when trying to test oc's with the driver... w00t

PS. only tried this with XP SP3 x86.

Last edited: Apr 12, 2009
  10. Shadow_Death

Shadow_Death Active Member

GPU:
    MSI R9 290x Gaming 4G
    just finished fighting with these drivers... I decided to go back to 182.08.

11. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    Using it from day of realise great drivers xD

12. Estima8tor

Estima8tor Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 970 FTW
    IQ with these is noticeably better than beta drivers I've been using on 8800gtx.

I still get micro stutter in some games when using 4xaa so I have to run games at 2xaa, 16xaf. :(

13. Sssagaman

Sssagaman Member

GPU:
    GB9800GT1Gb 792/2000/1800
    i had 181.20 drivers. Gta 4 performance went down-a lot since i updated to 182.06 ...yeah wright. I mean, the benchmarks are same as with previous drivers-181.20: 45-50 fps, everything maxed out or even all the way down. I know that ingame performance drops for about 10 fps average but under 20 fps few seconds-so it's jumping from 20 to 70 all time, just up &down in PERIODS.
    So i'm going to install the latest 182.50 drivers; if it ain't goona boost performance then i'll go for beta 185.68 or go back to verified one.

Will come back for results:)

14. Vichello

Vichello Guest

Anyone else getting an abnormal waiting time when starting COD5 ?

15. Cybermancer

Cybermancer Don Quixote

GPU:
    BFG GTX260OC (192 SP)
    Nope. (I have Vista Home Premium x64, as well.)

16. cameron3395

cameron3395 Member

GPU:
    GTX260
    When I install these drivers my system BSOD everytime Vista tries booting up. I've uninstalled and reinstalled several times using driver cleaner.

17. nvlddmkm

nvlddmkm Banned

GPU:
    EVGA GTX285
    Have you researched to see if your BS's may be caused from something other than vid drivers?

18. cameron3395

cameron3395 Member

GPU:
    GTX260
    After it BS's and restarts the message comes up saying that the display driver caused it. The two newer beta drivers don't BS but they do get the black screen that usually has to be fixed with restart.

19. F2000

F2000 Active Member

GPU:
    AMD RX 7900XT
    This is not surprising as nvidia always makes performance improvements in one game but lower the performance in others

20. Sssagaman

Sssagaman Member

GPU:
    GB9800GT1Gb 792/2000/1800
    Installed and tested up-to-date drivers for gta 4. Performance is better, gameplay is smoother with no flickering-almost. Haven't tested what can i get when raining though.
    Overall-happy:)