ForceWare 185.68 Beta VISTA & XP | Download | Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by GandalfGreyhelm, Apr 8, 2009.

1. TheAgeOfMen

TheAgeOfMen Master Guru

GPU:
    750M
    185.xx best drivers for IQ in World of Warcraft ... love it :D:D

2. YetYhunter

YetYhunter Maha Guru

GPU:
    Jetstream GTX1080
    I lost 1000 points in vantage with DOX drivers!!I got 13159 with DOX's and 14312 with the normal drivers.

Last edited: Apr 11, 2009
  3. <3PowerGlove

<3PowerGlove New Member

GPU:
    evga GTX570 Classified x2
    My fullscreen video problem with MPC seems to be related to SLi on this system, when disabled it will fullscreen without any errors but as soon as it is enabled BSODs abound. Changing the video renderer did not help nor did a clean install of the drivers. I like the performance of the drivers, they will probably be quite good once bugs like this are ironed out.

4. Pill Monster

Pill Monster Banned

GPU:
    7950 Vapor-X 1100/1500
    I used the modded .inf from laptopvideotogo and so far everything seems ok..

5. stainer711

stainer711 Member

GPU:
    gtx 260 650/1160
    So far Unreal Tournament 3, Team Fortress 2, and Age of Conan all appear to run fine. I have occasional problems with players teleporting around, but it's very minor and only happens occasionally.

6. TheSarge

TheSarge Guest

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 TI FT
    SLI still works in Empire Total War, but the performance is much worse than it should be. Still getting strange artifacts at level-load time, and zooming out still produces the l;ow-res block figure effect.

:beats Sega and The CA with a stick: Be less buggy! :(

7. stainer711

stainer711 Member

GPU:
    gtx 260 650/1160
    A new problem just cropped up. For some reason screen resolutions and monitor refresh rates above those supported for my monitor are showing up. Something about these drivers just seems off. I'm going to uninstall these and install 182.5.

8. BaneComes

BaneComes Banned

GPU:
    580GTX Twin Frozr II/OC
    i, was never big on benchmark scores i have no problem with these drivers iq is fantastic runs like a champ plus the i have the control panel now i don't have to rely on riva to adjust my settings.Don't get me wrong i love riva tuner i use it religously fantastic program

9. GenClaymore

GenClaymore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3070 TI 8GB
    I notice my openGL games wouldnt run correctly or at all, so I had to go back to 182.50.

10. Einhanderkiller

Einhanderkiller Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte Radeon HD 5870
    The latest drivers don't have separate options anymore. Only 'On' and 'Off'.

'On' is in between 'medium' and 'high'. Performance is a lot better than high and the image quality is pretty close, but there have been optimizations put in place that might result in some artifacts when viewing at certain angles. There's also a distance limit to the effect, so it might look a little strange in some places such as Counter-Strike: Source's Orange maps if you really pay attention to the AO. Otherwise, if you're just playing the game regularly, it shouldn't be a problem.

11. ati666

ati666 Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte R9-290x Windforc
    i cant wait for AO feature to show up in the next quadro drivers, i hope its soon.

12. toyzruz

toyzruz Member Guru

GPU:
    Gtx280@sli
    did anyone recognize freezes (after about an hour) in GTA4?
    Set the Graphics to 940/999 MB (green colour) but the game still freezes (with patch 3).

13. cameron3395

cameron3395 Member

GPU:
    GTX260
    I'm having a problem with this driver where sometimes the screen just goes black. Usually when opening something. The only way to fix it is to restart computer. Any ideas? Also, with the 182.50 I get the BSOD when Vista loads up. It says it's a driver issue.

14. lukas_1987_dion

lukas_1987_dion Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Phantom GS
    I too have freeze in GTA4 patch 3, and drivers 182.50 & 185.XX.

15. Infa

Infa New Member

GPU:
    Inno3D 8800GT OC
    HMm working good for me :)

got about 200p more 3dmark06 and like 900p more vantage... looking good so far :)

getting 8100p vantage with 8800GT OC :)

16. Neo Cyrus

Neo Cyrus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    黃仁勳 stole my 4090
    Thanks for the tip, I'm downloading those drivers now.

Here is the link for anyone who wants it.

17. stainer711

stainer711 Member

GPU:
    gtx 260 650/1160
    Can anyone who has windows xp 32 bit and a gtx 260 comment on the image quality of these drivers? I have a feeling they're not on par with driver 182.50.

18. BababooeyHTJ

BababooeyHTJ Member Guru

GPU:
    7950 crossfire
    Well, I noticed recently that my GTX280 isn't getting as hot as it used to with older drivers. Now I'm seeing the same thing with 182.50. I'm even having a hard crash with no BSOD while playing Crysis Wars. So now I need to reformat. I'm assuming these drivers aren't uninstalling correctly or are changing something. Either way I'm going to stay away from these 185s for a while. It's not the first time that I've ever had to format because of a Nvidia driver but usually it's chipset drivers.

19. Neo Cyrus

Neo Cyrus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    黃仁勳 stole my 4090
    People are commenting on supposedly lowered IQ, I only ran two games and I didn't pay much attention to try to make a comparison but the quality seemed approximately the same. The games I ran were Prince of Persia (2008) and Mass Effect at 2048x1152. This is a bit off topic but I may as well say that Mass Effect is definitely CPU limited, it pushes my CPU to 100% on both cores.

Last edited: Apr 11, 2009
  20. jeffrey92

jeffrey92 New Member

GPU:
    BFG GTX 285
    I have a GTX 285 and with these new drivers I am unable to use extended desktop AKA Dualview. Did they drop support for this? Or is it coming out in the stable release?

But maybe its just me... Does anyone else have this issue? I'm using a DVI connection to my monitor and a DVI->HDMI to my 1080p plasma