HD4890 BIG PROBLEM o_O

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon' started by El3ctro, Apr 8, 2009.

1. poedoom

poedoom Member Guru

GPU:
    sapphire hd4870
    yes under the name 8.6 as for my o/s i tried vista and win7 thinking i needed a reinstall im currently have them running in w7 x64 with the w7 installer patch fix but like i said b4 the proper 9.4,s are due out within the next 8 hours according to twitter

ive checked gpuz they look the same apart from pixel rate and texture fill rate but this might be because i have drivers in

Last edited: Apr 8, 2009
  2. El3ctro

El3ctro Active Member

GPU:
    SapphireHD4890@960\4675
    wont work i can see that the driver is ready to instal but when it comes to instaling it...it takes about 1 second and then just jumps to control center.......on win 7 x64 i've followed as you gave me those two links........no luck my guess it's fried.........

3. El3ctro

El3ctro Active Member

GPU:
    SapphireHD4890@960\4675
    Hardware information
    Name ATI Radeon Graphics Processor
    Manufacturer ATI Technologies Inc
    Device ID 0x9460
    Vendor ID 0x1002
    Class Code 0x030000
    Revision ID 0x00
    Subsystem ID 0x0502
    Subsystem vendor ID 0x1002
    Other hardware
    Existing packages
    Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 SP1 Redistributable
    Packages for install
    Catalyst Control Center
    Final Status: Success
    Version of Item: 2009.0317.2131.36802
    Size: 150 Mbytes
    ATI Catalyst Install Manager
    Version of Item: 3.0.719.0
    Size: 20 Mbytes
    ATI Display Driver
    Final Status: Fail
    Version of Item: 8.600.0.0000
    Size: 90 Mbytes
    HydraVision
    Version of Item: 4.2.92.0
    Size: 6 Mbytes

Other detected devices
    Manufacturer ATI Technologies Inc
    Device ID 0xaa30
    Vendor ID 0x1002
    Class Code 0x040300
    Revision ID 0x00
    Subsystem ID 0xaa30
    Subsystem vendor ID 0x1002

Error messages
    Driver Install: the driver package did not preinstall because files that are referenced by the INF file could not be found WTF IS THIS ??????????? :bang:

4. poedoom

poedoom Member Guru

GPU:
    sapphire hd4870
    if your in w7 you have to use the patch but a friend of mine cant get them to run in w7 either i suggest just wait a few hours for the proper 9.4,s i really dont think its your card it took me 3 reinstalls and about 6 hours of messing about to get them in, i know exactly how you feel but i recon in 6 hours time all your probs will be gone

heres the link too the patch created by pyro http://www.megaupload.com/?d=N55EO8WI

explore your driver folder/packages/drivers find the folder that contains these 2 files and replace them with the patch files

Last edited: Apr 8, 2009

5. El3ctro

El3ctro Active Member

GPU:
    SapphireHD4890@960\4675
    okay hear this story of mine....after all i tried with it i already took the graphics card box to pack her up and then before i took it out i just go mad i hit the card few times not that hard with a force of you're trying to push something in with little force and something was itching me that i've got to try again....i tried another installation and guess what DRIVERS INSTALED OMFG ZOMFG yeaahh... but now am again itchin my head could i damaged something with my maddnes or it's all oke ? i've ran a gta iv on quick test with everything on high, distance 25\25 with smooth play well maybe for a second or two can be felt the unsmoothnes then everything is fine (it matters how the scene changes) i assume that everything is allright with my card.

Oh here are the gpu z screeensss are the reading fine ?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

In the gpu area i see that the card is underclocked i assume this is power saver ??

6. cowie

cowie Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX
    yes 2d clocks
    what a pita just to get drivers installed.
    i think its was just mostly due to the os.
    g/l with the card

7. evilfury

evilfury Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1070 GTX Gaming X
    Yes, its a powersaver. Funny that you had to hit your card in her back to install drivers. :eyes:

8. NeoElNino

NeoElNino Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX1080 8GB Soon
    hey good to know it works! so the card was not installed or pushed completely in the PCI-Express slot?

9. LuxZg

LuxZg Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire Radeon HD4890
    i'm thinking the same here :D
    Admit it, you've felt that it clicked a little, and went in just a bit.. that's why you've tried one more time ;)

Nevermind, glad that it works. If you weren't hitting it with your feet, it should be just fine.. specialy since it IS working :D

10. El3ctro

El3ctro Active Member

GPU:
    SapphireHD4890@960\4675
    It not clicked hehe really but funny what it came up to :D

umm yea just thinking if i could damaged it somehow that is still working and if i had lost some performance (fps) in games by hitting the card or it's that quite impossible...

I've olny test it with Nfs:U2 it plays cool lawl :banana: i found a fc2 now lemme instal... i cant wait to see if i will see any performance hit ?

Am testing it with Msi ati 4870 512mb OC version

11. soekev

soekev Member

GPU:
    Sapphire 4870X2
    Just for testing, have you tried it with XP yet?

12. El3ctro

El3ctro Active Member

GPU:
    SapphireHD4890@960\4675
    No i didnt try it out on xp...i havent seen xp since huh maybe a whole year...

for FC2

Rez: 1680x1050 aa:4x dx10 everything maximized running smooth... :D well when we got to heavy fire scenes and by fire i dont mean gunshots i mean FIRE :flame: :D There is a tiny fps drop wich isnt bad....well it isnt is it ? :3eyes:

13. putty

putty Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus TUF 4090
    maybe you didnt fit the card good in its pci-x slot?

14. LuxZg

LuxZg Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire Radeon HD4890
    Electro - don't worry.. if you've damaged the card you'd be in way more trouble than just fps drips ;) And yeah, a lot of effects of any kind (smoke, fire, explosions, water, sunshine etc) will cause games to slow down a bit.. FC2 is one of the heavyweights, so if it's smooth 99% of time - it's fine.

15. nexuno

nexuno Guest

GPU:
    rtx 3080 Eagle OC
    lol el3ctro you are so funny....calm down...if it was damaged ti would give major problems....

hitting it a bit didn't damage it nor made it work...you just installed it wrong way the first time...enjoy your overclocked hd4870...er i mean hd4890