9.3's are up

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by m.3ck, Mar 18, 2009.

1. PaulvH

PaulvH Member Guru

GPU:
    2x XFX HD5870 H²O-EK CF
    what would be the safest way to revert to older drivers ?
    I would rather not use system restore as I've made several other changes since the last driver update that I would need to re-do.
    Could I just use the ATI uninstaller ?
    I recall having tried this before and it did not remove all the old stuff correctly, so when re-installing the older driver it doesn't work correctly.
    (e.g.: often CCC does not work any more).
    I've read contradicting posts on the usage of driver removal tools as well.
    So I guess I've only got two options:
    1) system restore and re-do two weeks of updates.
    2) wait two weeks for 9.4 and pray it works this time.
    If 9.4 would be bug-free it would be the first time since I bought this card in August ... I doubt if I will ever buy a 2-gpu card again.

mgraben likes this.
  2. ibitato

ibitato Guest

Go to control panel
    Unistall from ati
    Use the unistall all ati software option
    This option would unistall everytinhg but keep personal settings like profiles, etc so you do not loose them
    rebbot
    install cat ver 9.2
    reboot
    go to ati ccc , information subtree , che catalyst version and dirver version
    check those numbers to see if they are ok

if you encounter any problems let me know.

I had performance issues with few games on 9.3, then back to 8.12 hf , then to 9.2
    Found that 9.2 are ok for most games i have installed, so i trust them for the time being.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 2, 2009
  3. PaulvH

PaulvH Member Guru

GPU:
    2x XFX HD5870 H²O-EK CF
    Thanks for that info.
    You say the ATI uninstaller alone should work fine then ...
    I skipped the 9.2's and 9.1's as I did not find much positive comments in the posts here.
    I only upgraded from 8.12 to 9.3 because of the water-edge bug in CoD5 being fixed in 9.3. However, that water-bug is insignificant to the problems that occur now in my games. So I will see if I can install 9.2 this evening and let you know if that gave any troubles.

<update> Decided to just wait for the 9.4's.

Last edited: Apr 6, 2009
  4. Moldo07

Moldo07 Member

GPU:
    Ati radeon hd 2600 pro
    can anybody help me ???i have ati radeon hd 2600 pro 512 mb.And in some games like the lord of the rings conquest,the wheelman the godfather 2 ,wanted...i have the antialising very bag.

5. Paulo Narciso

Paulo Narciso Guest

GPU:
    ASUS Strix GTX 1080 Ti
    Are you activating AA through CCC panel or ingame? Could you post some pictures of the problem?

6. Cobrass2

Cobrass2 Member Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080 Suprim X
    With 9.3 all of my games somehow freezee, not overheating everething is at normal temeperature's. Installed 9.2 and everthing is normal again.

7. Moldo07

Moldo07 Member

GPU:
    Ati radeon hd 2600 pro
    for example in the wheelman when i turn on the anti aliasing in the catalyst control center,i have 10 fps :(

8. hallryu

hallryu Don Altobello

GPU:
    2x HD7970
    That's odd, 9.3's are running super sweet on my rig.

However, recent fresh install of my OS with 9.3's fresh in without previous drivers to worry about btw.

9. 8800gts320mb

8800gts320mb Master Guru

GPU:
    msi gtx 760 2gig
    in gta4 with these drivers im getting flickering!!!!! fps are like round 30-35.crap:puke2:

10. 8800gts320mb

8800gts320mb Master Guru

GPU:
    msi gtx 760 2gig
    is the wheelman demo out yet? sorry to change the subject!! or r u playing the full game..

11. Moldo07

Moldo07 Member

GPU:
    Ati radeon hd 2600 pro
    take a picture [​IMG]

and when i move the mouse ,the lines move too.i don't know if u understand

12. Moldo07

Moldo07 Member

GPU:
    Ati radeon hd 2600 pro
    please someone who know very well in video Cards and have yahoo messenger please conact me :moldo_alex14_2006@yahoo.com because is begining to be angry with all shadow,shader,anti alising or is that problem.i don't know what is happening with my video card.i have driver 9.1.and in some games Shadows have a short draw distance on my machine for some reason.http://img401.imageshack.us/img401/3566/kandandlynchhs2.jpg

Last edited: Apr 4, 2009
  13. Moldo07

Moldo07 Member

GPU:
    Ati radeon hd 2600 pro
    come on!!!help me with Shadow flicker!!!

14. darrenj

darrenj Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY 4090
    Quick question does rivatuner support 9.3s?

15. TAViX

TAViX Member

GPU:
    MSI ATI HD 4870 X2
    Did they fixed the constant game crushes in Vista 32 with 4870X2???? I'm still using the good ol' 8.12 drivers, since the newer ones are pure crap for an X2...

16. PaulvH

PaulvH Member Guru

GPU:
    2x XFX HD5870 H²O-EK CF
    Quick answer: Yes,
    Version 2.24 recognises only up to cat. 9.2, but it works flawless with 9.3

Last edited: Apr 6, 2009
  17. KBDE

KBDE Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI TRIO RTX 4900
    Not with vista64, just like 9.1 and 9.2 this 9.3 randomly crashes.
    So stay with 8.12 for now.

18. Symbiosis

Symbiosis Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 690
    I've got to say that I have not experienced any game crashes with Vista 64 and the latest cats, however I have noticed that both you TAViX have good overclocks on the same CPU and I am wondering if this is causing some instability with the latest cats......It may be worth just trying your CPU at stock to see if this has an effect, its only idea but just trying to help all the same ;-)

19. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    did you guys try the 8.60 driver ?? it works great for me!

20. KBDE

KBDE Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI TRIO RTX 4900
    Yes, that was my first thought as well. (i think i've tested it with 9.2 driver)
    In my case it does not matter to much. Yes it does take longer before the problems appear but in the end it is more or less the same. (for example it often crashes GTA4 when opening the map screen with "escape")

With 8.12 hotfix it its fully stable, also with cpu at 4,3ghz GTA4 runs for 3+ hours without any problems and good fps. With 8.11, 9.1, 9.2, 9.3 it always crashes within max 2 hours and i also notice it slows down at some points.

Stalker clear sky had the same problem with 8.10 and 8.11, played it to the end with 8.12 which was fully stable.

I don't know whats different about 8.12, but in my case its the only stable driver. Maybe some day ATI magically fixes whatever is broken in the newer drivers. But since even simple but serious problems like 2d clock bug reappear i've lost all the hope i had left.

But thanks for your suggestion, it is indeed the first logical step, but in my case i already tested this long ago and it did not help. :(

PS:
    I run GTA4 with norestriction override (newest patch) @ 70% viewing distance and rest at max with 1920x1200 res which results in 1400MB graphic memory usage. Maybe the high memory usage is part of the problem, but since 8.12 IS stable.... well etc. Enough of that.