185.65 for XP32/64 Vista32/64

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by SoLoR, Apr 2, 2009.

1. Balderdash

Balderdash Member Guru

GPU:
    980m
    I tried to reproduce that HL2 shot... but the driver doesn't want to work on Stream Orange Box version... it didn't want to boot for the longest time, then when it did, it looked like this.

[​IMG]

Vista 64 bit, 64 bit version of the game too.

750a chipset with the latest drivers as well. Bummer.

2. Cybermancer

Cybermancer Don Quixote

GPU:
    BFG GTX260OC (192 SP)
    Funky, Balderdash. :D

Yeah, I took the screenshots from Hilberts review today: http://www.guru3d.com/article/geforce-gtx-275-review-test/6

Obviously, it's still a Beta driver and quite a few people are reporting problems with it. It seems that Nvidia was able to increase the performance of this feature with this version of the 185.xx series driver, while in older (leaked) ones, pre-185.65, when AO was enabled it was slower, but it had less problems, as well.

Anyway. I appreciate you testing it and I guess it's safe to say now that they still have to do a lot of homework until a final driver version supporting AO (stable) will come out...

Last edited: Apr 3, 2009
  3. live4life

live4life Banned

GPU:
    Asus EnGTX295
    yeahp has buggys with halflife 2 gfx machine and not only with that game....ut3 bioshock and much more sucks with that beta!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4. Zenoth

Zenoth Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 3080 12GB
    So far it's working good on my XP partition (SP3 x86), but I have noticed that after I installed them I didn't receive a message asking me if I would like to restart my system now or later, which I usually get, so when the installation finished the installer's screen vanished and nothing more happened, but after a reboot everything works as usual.

Additionally I noticed that there's no automatic un-installation option under Add/Remove Program Files, I can see NVIDIA PhysX there, but no NVIDIA Drivers, so if I want to un-install them I will need to do it with Driver Cleaner (I always use it anyway, but this time it's actually necessary). For me it's the first time that even a Beta driver doesn't include any automatic un-installation option there, but it's no biggie.

But other than that everything works fine and I gained 35 Marks in 3DMark06. I will install them on my Vista x64 partition later and I will edit this post if I notice anything for the Vista version. And finally, I tried the PhysX Screen Saver from the newly released Graphics Plus Power Pack #3, it's cool, now the next step will be PhysX Desktop backgrounds, maybe even an interactive one.

5. dainese46

dainese46 Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX660Ti OC Wind
    I don´t get it...Am i the only idiot that doesn´t have this Ambient Occlusion in nvidia Control Panel ?? I installed the drivers on a fresh installed Windows XP...Why don´t I see this option ?? Does anyone else have this problem ??

I tried this with 8500GT and with GTX260

6. Zenoth

Zenoth Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 3080 12GB
    Ambient Occlusion is exclusive to Windows Vista for now.

7. Pill Monster

Pill Monster Banned

GPU:
    7950 Vapor-X 1100/1500
    ^ As above

8. alanm

alanm Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080
    So far these drivers are OK with the few recent games I tried. Out of curiosity I tried HL2, massive artifacts, all messed up. But wont uninstall them on account of that, I dont play HL2 anymore.

9. LedHed

LedHed Banned

GPU:
    BenQ FP241W
    these drivers give me crashing issues in FC2, however 182.47 runs just fine.

10. Warboy

Warboy Master Guru

GPU:
    Geforce GTX 2080 Ti
    These drivers give me the 1080p24 issue again in Crysis. Damnit.

11. ati666

ati666 Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte R9-290x Windforc
    nhacer seem to be broken under this drivers in vista x64

i even reinstalled nhancer 2.4.5 . no go there

is there a solution to this?

12. zuppi

zuppi Member

GPU:
    8800 Ultra
  13. MrMicrochip

MrMicrochip Member Guru

GPU:
    Gainward GTX 1070 Phoenix
    Far Cry 2 benchmark demo ranch 1680x1024 dx10 all on maximum except shadows very high

40.69 fps

36.6 fps

I tested many times, 185,65 results always about 4fps lower.
    Tested on Windows 7 beta 7000

Last edited: Apr 3, 2009
  14. djinn

djinn Member

GPU:
    GTX560ti 1000/2000/2475
    can someone please post a modded inf for us 8800gtx/ultra users its rediculous that lower powered 9600 or even 8800gt cards are included but not 8800gtx/ultra!

As it stands cant install these drivers at all. and 185.42's give me terrible grid performance (stuttering)

15. ViperXtreme

ViperXtreme Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070 Dual UV
    I have the black thing too and it seems present for 9600GT users? :|

16. ricardonuno1980

ricardonuno1980 Banned

GPU:
    GTX 780Ti Classified :D
    sorry but I don't mistake me. this blue highlight website is "http://www.nvidia.com/content/graphi...s/download.asp" but this website busy is bad address because it's still "...". the guru3d is guilt. :confused: ;)

note: sorry for bad english.

17. cobhc2007

cobhc2007 Member Guru

GPU:
    Palit 980ti JS
    Hmm, I don't have any problems with both TF2 and HL2EP2 as far as those colour issues. And also it must be a bug with the drivers as AO is included in the Win7 control panel, but turning it on makes no difference. nVidia have removed these drivers from their website anyway, the new beta drivers are 185.66.

18. Carnoustie

Carnoustie Active Member

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 980 Ti

Ambient Occlusion is DX10,Vista or Win7.

19. Lacusmons

Lacusmons Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080
    Gonna try these with EVE-Online when i get home from work. Current driver 182.46 (i think) i get 123 FPS on 2 active EVE windows on my TRI-SLI setup.

20. YetYhunter

YetYhunter Maha Guru

GPU:
    Jetstream GTX1080
    Shadows flickering with AO on in left4dead!!