Catalyst 9.1 Photoshop issues

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by vlada>>>, Feb 15, 2009.

1. vlada>>>

vlada>>> Member

GPU:
    Ati Radeon 3870 - 512VRAM
    Well, that is something… :)

However, I guess that I will pass 9.1

I hope that 9.2 will be soon finished, so I'll wait for a while...

2. Milchreis

Milchreis Member

same problems

i´ve seen the same problem on a HD3850 with cat. 9.1 and Photoshop CS3.

The only fix was downgrading to 8.12 or lowering the hardware acceleration (slider) one step.

Both sucks and they will hopefully remove that bug if enough people report it.

3. Adalwar

Adalwar Member

GPU:
    Powerc HD3850 AGP DDR3
    I reported the problem to ATI by the beginn of the Month and the status is "resolved".
    So, I believe that the issue will be gone in next driver.

4. Gump

Gump Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS Radeon HD 6850
    Cat 9.2 is out... anyone check yet?

5. Adalwar

Adalwar Member

GPU:
    Powerc HD3850 AGP DDR3
    I installed 9.2 and the Photoshop issue is gone.
    Still remains the FSX issue.
    The installer works OK for AGP cards, I mean , the SMARTGARD is starting at boot time and CCC is also working.
    About FPS seems there is some gain, I thing about 200points in 3dMark05 against CCC 8.10 Hotfix 2 .
    I need to test if AVIVO is working. It was working some time before but then it stopped some where. I can not figure out in which Catalyst version it was working neither when it stopped.
    So far seems to be the best driver for me.

6. vlada>>>

vlada>>> Member

GPU:
    I was discovered next thing. I was installed newer version of windows XP and all bugs were gone. So it seems that catalyst haves troubles to support older version of windows… Hmm...! :(

7. Milchreis

Milchreis Member

Which versions of Windows XP do you mean with "newer" and "older" versions ?

I´m running XP64 with all updates and the 9.1 drivers are unuseable for serious working. (have the problem described in this thread, along with a bunch of other problems described in the AMD Catalyst forum)

If i try to install 9.2 or 9.3 i get some BSOD after reboot. A serious bug which AMD doesn`t care about:

http://forums.amd.com/game/messageview.cfm?catid=279&threadid=110740&enterthread=y

apperantly it is more important to support beta OS than existing ones which are used in a mission critical environment. After waiting 4 Months for a solution through AMD customer support i feel this company must be a complete joke and obviously give a **** for their paying customers. (or better, paying beta testers).

8. metaltoiletry

metaltoiletry Maha Guru

GPU:
    XFX HD5870
    I know that Logitech Setpoint software creates weird behavior in Photoshop if you have "Game Detection" enabled. That's only if you are using a Logitech mouse though.

9. Milchreis

Milchreis Member

thank you metaltoiletry, but we can exclude the Logitech software, it is not installed. I´ll see what CAT 9.4 can do soon.

10. Milchreis

Milchreis Member

Ok, it appears to be fixed for my HD3850 512MB and Photoshop CS3 under Cat 9.4. But on my new 4870 1GB i still see some image corruption sometimes while browsing the net or under normal desktop use.

11. vlada>>>

vlada>>> Member

GPU:
    Well I was using 5 years old (and perhaps a little bit more) WinXP (32) professional SP2 which was been updated on SP3, and now I was install WinXP (32) Professional SP3 Corporate edition. It is slightly modified version of the windows, haves some additional stuff integrated.

This I didn't know, and perhaps in my case this was the problem, since I'm using Logitech Setpoint software... But I don’t believe that this is the main reason because I really doubt that all other people are using Logitech mice.

Oh, btw everything works fine to me with 9.4

Last edited: Apr 30, 2009