quadroFX 1700 crash

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by noguru, Mar 16, 2009.

1. noguru

noguru Member

Hi,

I just got a quadroFX 1700. whatever driver i install it crashes (with bluescreen) when i access the Nvidia control panel !! :bang:

any hints ??

core i7 920
    Gigabyte EX58-DS4
    winXP 64

2. Cybermancer

Cybermancer Don Quixote

GPU:
    BFG GTX260OC (192 SP)
    Did you already try this one?

Quadro Release 182.08 WHQL
    http://www.nvidia.com/object/winxp64_182.08.html

Also:
    1. Uninstall your current driver.
    2. Restart and boot into safe mode (F8).
    3. Run Driver Sweeper and maybe even CCleaner.
    4. Restart and boot to the regular desktop.
    5. Install the new driver.
    6. Restart.

Btw: wrong section. Thread moved. ;)

3. noguru

noguru Member

thank's very much for reply Cybermancer.
    I didn't try this driver version, and i'll try it asap. I didn't even think of starting in safe mode to clean up the drivers and registry.
    I'll post my results here.. :)

4. noguru

noguru Member

Just done a "clean" driver install with safe mode, Ccleaner and Driver Sweeper.

Still the same.. computer chrashes with blue screen (that i don't have time to read) and reboots as soon as i try to access nvidia control panel.. :3eyes:

5. noguru

noguru Member

ok, some news.
    I tried the card on a computer with a gigabyte P35C-DS3R mobo with a Q6600 other than that same config. everything is ok....

so it is either mobo related or the xp64 install on the other computer that has something wrong. Do you know if i can get some infos for that before trying to re-install everything ???

6. Cybermancer

Cybermancer Don Quixote

GPU:
    BFG GTX260OC (192 SP)
    Could be anything really at this point. At least you already know that it's not the card itself.

What PSU do you have?

7. noguru

noguru Member

yes, that's right, i would have to try a fresh install, but it's my work computer so i need to have time to do it. Gigabyte asked me to try other drivers :3eyes:

My PSU is a 620w Antec one, so it should be ok. Work's fine with a radeon 4850 :3eyes:

8. Cybermancer

Cybermancer Don Quixote

GPU:
    BFG GTX260OC (192 SP)
    Yeah, well, you could of course try a different driver version.

Did you try loading the BIOS default settings? Maybe something isn't setup right in there?

Do you have all the latest OS updates (SP3, etc.) installed?

Otherwise, although a bit time consuming, I would recommend the re-installation of the OS...

9. noguru

noguru Member

Well, actually i tried different driver versions. I just said that meaning the response from Gigabyte wasn't satisfying :3eyes: The last response was "well, maybe there is some incompatibility !!"

BIOS default settings were set because i tried to change BIOs version of mobo, but it didn't help.

I have the latest OS updates, SP2 (because it's XP64). Maybe it would work with XP32 or Vista. The only thing i can do now is making a clean install to be sure, but it annoys me really not knowing if it will work !!!

thank's for your help :)

10. Cybermancer

Cybermancer Don Quixote

GPU:
    BFG GTX260OC (192 SP)
    Sure, no problem.

I absolutely understand your concern regarding the re-installation, but the answer you got from Gigabyte (although not satisfying, as you wrote) might be accurate. It could be an incompatibility between the motherboard or any other component and your new GPU. Your idea with an updated motherboard BIOS wasn't bad either.

I guess, if I would be in your situation, I'd re-install the OS and make an image of the OS right after you installed all the latest updates for it, except for the different drivers. Then you can try the different driver combinations (motherboard, sound GPU, etc.) without having to worry about anything. At least you'll have a clean system after that.

Have you thought about updating the GPU's BIOS?