Tom Clancy's H.A.W.X

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Funkgab, Mar 10, 2009.

1. Funkgab

Funkgab Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 6850 @ 850/1150
    Anyone tried this yet? i think its pretty fun.. not as serious as lomac, different from bf2 flight, but more of an ace combat for pc.. i could only run it on lowest settings.. but i can't wait to see what some of you guys can pull of in DX10 highest all that..

2. sk8zophrenia

sk8zophrenia Guest

GPU:
    GeForce GTX1060
    i played the demo. it was good. bet the full game will be awesome. but i got bad headache right after finished the demo. :puke2: but later i got used to it after some more tries.

3. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    I have to admit .. I disliked the arcade feel initally, but the game is really awesome TBH.

Working on a Guru3D VGA graphics performance preview right now, the graphics are really sick.

4. Cybermancer

Cybermancer Don Quixote

GPU:
    BFG GTX260OC (192 SP)
    Hm. Maybe I should look into getting it after that "glowing" post. Judging by the posts made in the thread for the demo version I thought about skipping this one.

I can't wait on that preview, Hilbert. :D

5. googlegod

googlegod Member Guru

GPU:
    I Could Tell You But Then
    Its would be nice to see some older cards in the test , like a 3850 . Just to see how good or bad we have it now-a-days

6. xcalibur+

xcalibur+ Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS EAH4670 512 DDR3
    i haven't try the demo yet, but the screenshots and gameplay looks really sick! I'll buy it when it's released :)

7. amroviper

amroviper Member

GPU:
    XFX 9800GX2 1GB
    R U friggin kidding me ?? where is the 9800GX2 in the review ? pls hilbert update the test with this card. THX

8. applejack

applejack Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 3070 Ventus 3X
    there's a beta update driver 182.08 which adds hawx sli profile/support, this should fix gtx295 bench.

anyway, when running the game in DX10 (8800gt/1600x1200) the game is very choppy, although FPS is above 40 at all times. the hell with it ! feels like fps goes down the toilet randomly but it actually pretty high. DX9 doesn't have this weirdness.

I was thinking it might have something to do with SSAO as it usually screw gameplay for non highend cards - and you cant disable it in DX10 for this game! maybe it has something to do with vram usage as 512mb might not be enough. I don't know but its NOT PLAYABLE for me even though FPS is pretty high. crap...

so hilbert, did you notice this issue with nvidia's 512mb cards on DX10 ?
    (btw, im not alone, seen complaints regarding this on several forums)

Last edited: Mar 11, 2009
  9. W@w@Y

W@w@Y Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Strix 4080
    I have the demo version and have 182.08 installed. but i cant play the game, i can only get to the point where you create a profile but when i enter "apply" i hear this "ding" sound then the game doesnt do anything..

help please?

10. mR Yellow

mR Yellow Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire R9 Fury
    Hilbert, did u even try the running the ATi cards in dx 10.1?

I can confirm that i got an average of about 8fps increase using dx10.1
    That would make it the 4870 faster than the 260...

Last edited: Mar 11, 2009

11. metaltoiletry

metaltoiletry Maha Guru

GPU:
    XFX HD5870
    I really like the game, but I am unable to play it. I don't know if it's a driver issue or what, but every time I open it, it crashes immediately to desktop, then creates a .dmp file. I do not know how to get around it. After the first time it happened, I ran it in XP compatibility mode, which got it working, but upon reopening the game, it crashes. It now crashes no matter how I run the game.

I really hope the game begins working soon because I cannot wait to play it in co-op mode.

12. Nictron

Nictron Guest

GPU:
    ASUS 3070 Dual OC
    Thank you Hilbert, I wanted to know how it would perform before I went out and got it.

I am really looking forward to getting it now, now just to get a South African retailer that stocks the game ;-)

Kind Regards

Nictron

13. ownz

ownz Active Member

GPU:
    GTX 980ti
    hey guuys i have same problem as waway625 any help ??

14. Passion Fruit

Passion Fruit Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 3080
    Hopefully the full game will be patched better for SLI. GTX295 blows in this game. Im in single GPU mode at the moment so ill see how it runs like this.

15. mark501

mark501 Master Guru

GPU:
    Powercolor R9 270X 2GB
    I m not much for flysims but the demo was actually fun. I like this simple arcade action so I can just focus on killing stuff instead of desperately trying to master the art of not instantly crashing to the ground

And it runs surprisingly well on my prehistoric system. Audio is messed up though for some reason. Sfx and music stutters like mad

16. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    Passion Fruit, perhaps you're already running it but read a few posts above yours, NVIDIA posted a beta version of the latest 182.08 drivers with added SLI support though it might be for DX10 only so on XP or using the DX9 version it might not make much of a difference unfortunately. :)

17. Colt M4

Colt M4 Master Guru

GPU:
    Evga GTX 970 SC Sli
    well i tried the game out but for some reason the plane always kept firing missiles even though I never told it too.

18. hochi1942

hochi1942 Member

GPU:
    Evga 7600GT
    Did you have a mic headset on at the time? some reason the game misinterprets a lot of sounds in the mic as "fire zee missiles" -.-

19. cjs007

cjs007 Maha Guru

GPU:
    E.V.G.A. 460 / 1gig
    Getten this!!!!!!

Haven't played flight games in 10 years.

Getten a stick and ACE GUNNER is BACK!!!!!!!!:wanker:

20. GammaLord

GammaLord Active Member

GPU:
    2g gtx 760 gigabyte oc
    Any one know if in the game your gonna hafta land and take off or is it just like the demo starting in the air.

Looks awesome , pretty easy to control with a joystick and i recon the MP dogfights will be sick.