ati catalyst 9.3 beta info

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by zer0_c0ol, Mar 3, 2009.

1. Ourasi

Ourasi Guest

GPU:
    MSI RX 480 Gaming X 8GB
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Cherrypick a little less, and things might look a bit different. And you still found his 8.12 HF test even though he has updated scores on latest drivers....

Read everything he says, not just what you like: "Even though many of our test today showed the GTX 295 leading the Radeon HD 4870 X2 while the 4870 1GB remained competitive with the single GTX 260, GRID and Age of Conan both show that it all comes down to the engine. The 4870 X2 leads even the GTX 280 SLI."

Do you want me to compose a list of games where the x2 beats GTX295, and present it as the absolute truth?

Check out http://www.driverheaven.net/reviews.php?reviewid=711&pageid=10 and read the whole review, and try to understand what the drivers have to do with the results, and check out your horrible 2xHD4870x2 scaling and scores....

Last edited: Mar 5, 2009
  2. LedHed

LedHed Banned

GPU:
    BenQ FP241W
    Haha talk about cherry picking, GRID and Age of Conan are heavily ATI favored games.

I listed 5 benchmarks and you call that cherry picking? Yet you pick the ONLY two that ATI wins, due to the games heavily favoring ATI.

Look at the kettle calling the teapot black.

3. Ourasi

Ourasi Guest

GPU:
    MSI RX 480 Gaming X 8GB
    I picked those from your supposed excellent review, and since you left out the ones you did not like, strangely the ones the GTX295 get beaten in. This was a reply to you show your complete lack of objectivity and professionalism..

Lets take a look at DriverHeavens results with the somewhat dissapointing Cat. 9.1 performance wise, or do you need me to do it for you?

4. LedHed

LedHed Banned

GPU:
    BenQ FP241W
    Sorry I didn't list every single benchmark in the entire review; I didn't realize that would effect my validity on the forums...haha

I hope I can gain the respect of the ATI fan boys soon! :puke2:

Also why are you babbling on about 9.1 Catalyst? 9.1 was so horrible and dropped performance in some games so badly that ATI released 9.2 like a week or two later.

For example:

[​IMG]

http://www.xbitlabs.com/articles/video/display/catalyst-92_4.html#sect1

http://www.xbitlabs.com/articles/video/display/catalyst-91_6.html#sect0

[​IMG]

5. dipanzan

dipanzan Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX460 OC 1GB
    man u guys r turning this thread into a massive war

but as for the topic...I really hope the new 9.3s fix all the previous problems with the 3000/4000 series & be done with it

esp the code 43,BSOD,2d/3d bug,fan fixes,ati stream & all the things ati promised to deliver

but for my part my 4670 has done flawlessly on all the games I throwed at it...no problems with drivers/catalysts & I m hope it stays that way

I hope all ati users get the same result & hope for the best

though ati has lots of room for improvement...& I m looking forward to it:)
    All the best for the 9.3s:D

6. Ourasi

Ourasi Guest

GPU:
    MSI RX 480 Gaming X 8GB
    LedHed: You actually manage to read that out of my posts? Great, since you are such a fool and a fanboy, I give up trying to convince you that the world actually is not flat....

Enjoy listening to your own voice, and fighting off those pesky people that are stating that awe full reality you so desperately love to hate...

7. krayzieNRG

krayzieNRG Guest

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 2070
    ledhed could u get me a job at nvidia please,i got three kids to feed,thanks in advance.

8. tamzid

tamzid Master Guru

GPU:
    His iceq4 turbo 4850 512
    i need a job too in nvidia pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

9. mwpeck

mwpeck Active Member

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 295
    http://support.amd.com/us/gpudownload/windows/previous/Pages/radeonaiw_vista64.aspx

http://support.amd.com/us/gpudownlo...px?type=2.4.1&product=2.4.1.3.36&lang=English

Catalyst 9.1 - 1/29/2009

Catalyst 9.2 - 2/20/2009

3 weeks to be exact......I dont know if your familiar with ATI driver release schedules, but ATI releases a driver on a monthly schedule, unlike nVidia's bi-annually schedule (or however often they release non-beta drivers). 9.1 was running a little late in Jan, 9.2 was released around when the drivers are normally released.

They didn't release 9.2 due to poor performance of 9.1, they released it because it was time for it to be released.

10. zer0_c0ol

zer0_c0ol Ancient Guru

GPU:
    FuryX cf
    this just in,i was over on vr-zone and it looks like ati will drop support after 9.4 driver from 8000 series to 1900 series,maybe x1950 are not affected.

the most smartest thing that ati did in a loong time

11. Funky Doodle

Funky Doodle Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte ATI HD 5830 1GB
  12. shansoft

shansoft Member

GPU:
    Sapphire 7970
    their review is well-known of WORSE Review

in most review of theirs I have found totally irrelevant...

such as having 130fps average in L4D in 1680*1050 resolution.

getting 30fps average in Crysis with Very High setting..

I been through and tested myself, those data totally flavor out nVidia..

If you want some real benchmark, please take a look at hardOCP's review where real benchmark comes it...

---------------------

DANG, I forgot my old account's password, gotta recreate a new account here again...

13. Lyla

Lyla Banned

GPU:
    Hey kiddies, leave the Nvidia vs Ati, to the reviews.

This is about drivers, what is coming and what has come before and how they compare. Infact this is about ATI drivers, 9.3. and its merits vs previous ones, and what to expect.

why is Nvidia even mentioned? Muppets.

14. zer0_c0ol

zer0_c0ol Ancient Guru

GPU:
    FuryX cf
  15. Lyla

Lyla Banned

GPU:
    I would think so, because there will be base win 7 drivers, i.e. 9.3 and microcraps versions. But...that is the end of the line interms of x1950 doesnt work well with a new game, its issue wont be dealt with individually.

16. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    Amazing how many threads in the ATI section turn into ATi/nV flame wars. If you don't like ATI...stay in the nV section. The flamewars get old fast. As far as who has the "superior IQ"....it's all opinion. It would be impossible for every reviewer to sit down and honestly say "ATI has the best IQ" or "nV has the best IQ" as which is best is dependent on your own preferences. As for which card performs better at what AA setting and what res...does it really matter that much? Performance will vary based on game and driver. As for driver performance...I had no issues at all with the 9.1 cats....I actually saw a huge performance loss with 9.2. (also saw a loss with 8.12 official and 8.12HF2 compared to 8.11) 8.12HF1 has been the best for me thus far. Driver issues? Do you guys actually research anything prior to buying parts and throwing them together? Can take me upwards of 3 months to select parts for a new build due to reading every review I can get my hands on. My motherboard isn't the best performing....but it's 100% rock solid and can't find any reviews that state otherwise except for people judging based on it's performance. My 4850 is rock solid....and was told that the 2 parts work together flawlessly (which is the result I got pairing them together). I got a pair of WD Caviar Black drives....no, I don't get the performance others do using better motherboards but at least they're fast and don't produce a lot of heat. Local parts supplier told me that he had seen no issues whatsoever with my processor and motherboard being paired together....so far, but a single issue. (system is 100% rock solid unless I screw it up personally). A little research will save you a LOT of time and stability issues.

17. LedHed

LedHed Banned

GPU:
    BenQ FP241W
    I received my motherboard for winning an overclocking competition and the 4850's were included for me to try and then send back if they weren't adequate for my 1920x1200 needs. So I tried 8.11/8.12/8.12+HF/9.1 and all of them except 8.12 + HF had BSOD on start up after install (with only chipset installed on 45 min old OS).

I'm not here to flame anything, but if people say that the 295 is getting spanked at 2560x1600 or that it has terrible AA performance/quality, then I am going to show some proof otherwise since I know it to be different. I back up my claims with reputable sites like AnAndTech and X-Bit Labs and people still proceed to call it BS.

Then people arguing with me even use a source that agrees with what I said:

I feel like people in the ATI section are arguing just to argue, it's like if I say something that isn't praising the 4870X2 then I get called names and people try to insult me. This is pretty pathetic tactics on a computer hardware forum.

Not to mention I support ATI and I've used 4 ATI cards in my computer life (Rage 128 Pro/9500 Pro/2x 4850 Crossfire) and I've been happy with all but the last. The better ATI does the more competition we have and the better the prices fall. Plus we will have the highest performing products possible also due to this competition.

ATI has acknowledged there is an issue with 4850 in a Crossfire configuration on Vista x64, this is why they released hot fixes to try and fix it. On 8.12 they did fix the issues but it still continued to crash during long/hot loads. I just wasn't happy with the stability or the performance really @1920x1200, so I went back to NVIDIA.

18. sk8er_boi6000

sk8er_boi6000 Guest

GPU:
    AMD R9 280X 3GB
    This is supposed to be a thread about the ATI catalyst 9.3 drivers, why don't people take the fanboy crap somewhere else.

Although I currently own an ATI card, I have used cards from both companies. Both have their good points and their weak points.

19. Iarwain

Iarwain Banned

GPU:
    4890 990//1120
    The review I linked did not agree with you, it said they were different but equal and entirely up to opinion.

X-bit labs has a flawed benchmark, it's as simple as that. I've proven this with numerous sources, and you have none that say differently except a copy/paste above their benchmark. It's flawed. Anandtech on the other hand is right, they're fine. If you think you have proof that X-bit labs' benchmark is okay, post it. Because I'm still waiting on -your- proof.

And it's a fact, if you want overall performance at whatever cost, the GTX 295 is your card. No doubting that. Anyone who does is an idiot. However, I want you to stop using flawed benches to support your claims and then responding with "I never said that bench was perfect"

Cause we all post "This bench is perfect" under the sources we link.

20. |Ano|

|Ano| Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX560Ti Twin FrozR II
    LOOL is that dude still here talking about Nvidia? LMAO

Seriously, this is a ATi driver thread, goto youtube and you'll find alot of people to argue with. Just search Nvidia vs ATi and your home!

Last edited: Mar 6, 2009