Name All your Bugs or Problems on your Nvidia card that Hoping to Fix in Future.

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by Aznthug186, Mar 4, 2009.

1. mitzi76

mitzi76 Guest

GPU:
    MSI 970 (Gaming)
    :ban:
    :gta:

2. Cybermancer

Cybermancer Don Quixote

GPU:
    BFG GTX260OC (192 SP)
    Obviously, a joke gone bad. Please, just ignore it. ;)

This thread fits this section a lot better:

Videocards - NVIDIA Drivers Section
    http://forums.guru3d.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21

Thread moved. ;)

3. spdracer

spdracer Member Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX560ti
    Right on! why can't we have this for all makes of cards?

4. Vichello

Vichello Guest

- Fix nvidia installer : double context menu, wrong size in add/remove, option NOT to install physX.
    - Stuttering in Fallout 3
    - Better GTA4 frames/Better crysis and crysis warhead frames

5. Zer0K3wL

Zer0K3wL Banned

GPU:
    gtx 480 850/1700/2000 h2o
    AA not aply'ng everywhere especialy on certain annoying edges.
    graphic anomalies currently in crysis with any driver newer then 178.24.

6. Blaise

Blaise Maha Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF 4090 OC
    In memory of my old rig... monitor timing screw-ups with SLI'ed 7900GT's (full-screen OpenGL & DirectX) under Vista. Not a problem under XP but Vista... raised a ticket with nVidia back in June/July '08 regarding the problem and never heard back :(

7. Ajoobajabajeeba

Ajoobajabajeeba Master Guru

GPU:
    Palit 465
    HAHA I take it your referencing any of the ps1 era final fantasy games, on pc

8. Li4m79

Li4m79 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xPalit GTX770 Jetstream
    happy enough on my humble 9800gtx+ it runs all the games i wanna play at an adequate level..... bit miffed that i need 2x 6pins just to power one card though :(

9. volkov956

volkov956 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080 12GB
    FF7/FF8/Anachronox and some other oldies

I have arig with 8bit pallete texturing that works but I always to lazy to turn it on...as well as another 10ish games that need it

10. Zer0K3wL

Zer0K3wL Banned

GPU:
    gtx 480 850/1700/2000 h2o
    be happy you have 2 people with just 1 are just plagued with issues.
    i got 1 no issues tough.

11. nofool

nofool Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX470 Superclocked
    Worst problem I've EVER had.

I never had this problem with my 9800GTX, but I can't figure out why I have these problems with my new XFX GTX260 Black Edition:

1. Running COD4, with my new XFX GTX260 Black Edition, my game suddenly displays a screen full of violet pixels, with a kind of diagonal line running from top-left to lower-right. The speakers begin making a buzzing noise, and the whole system locks up. I have to power off manually and reboot.

2. I deleted the game and the Forceware drivers that came out in February '08. I reloaded the game from DVD, and reloaded the original 177 Forceware drivers that came with the card when it was delivered early in February. Same thing happened.

3. I tried a totally different EVGA GTX260 and this time I got blocks of bright artifacts. A gun would be all one color. A wall would be all another color, etc. The game had to be manually shut down and restarted.

4. I did RAM tests, but could not find a problem. I did hard drive tests and could not find a problem.

Then, I reloaded the Forceware video drivers from disk, and tried playing COD4 at what the game thought was the best optimized settings. NO PROBLEMS! Although my monitor is a 22" Samsung, whose default rez is 16 X 10, the game set 10 X 7 as the best rez. The game played flawlessly!

Now I've loaded the latest Forceware drivers that just came out yesterday (March 3rd), for Vista x64. These are the 182.08 drivers. No problems yet, but I've kept the screen resolution down to 12 X 10. It's supposed to be "widescreen", but it won't set to a full widescreen.

THEN!

I tried to play UT3. I played a Warfare level, but with 27 bots. This bogged everything down so bad that the game hung. I got no audio. There had been choppy frames before that. But, when I rebooted and played with the default number of bots, everything was just fine.

What the hell is doing this!? Is it Vista? Is some other component in my system? This is the weirdest problem I've ever had. HELP!

12. Crovean

Crovean Member Guru

GPU:
    BFG 7800 GS OC 256MB
    Sounds like an unstable oc, or overheating, that UT3 Bot problem sound more like CPU/Mobo weakness. I'd monitor you temperatures and volts the next time round.

13. barwell1992

barwell1992 Guest

GPU:
    ASUS gtx560ti on T260HD
    fuzzy screen when sli is enabled at boot have to disable and re enable and its fine after that

14. Li4m79

Li4m79 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xPalit GTX770 Jetstream
    tru, but i`m gonna sli next month(cash depending) so its gonna be molex adapter heaven..... not a big deal, me being more anal than anything else..(ok guys, get it out of ur system.....)

15. Trojax

Trojax New Member

GPU:
    Nvidia Geforce6800 256ram
    In response to #29 there are solutions for ff7 (Eidos/squresoft actually made a fix), ff8 (some guy made a hook to fix it), and I didnt notice any problems on anachronox... doesnt it use like the quake 2 engine? For most games there are solutions to get around the 8 bit problem... at least the popular games.

16. ammath

ammath New Member

Empire total war, please oh my god fix it. My other computer with 4870x2, slower cpu, slower ram, slower harddrives runs it about 30-40% faster then my main game rig with 295 :0(

17. Deathspank

Deathspank Guest

GPU:
    Gainward GTX570 1280mb
    i guess you dont have 3 kids and a morgage mate. try telling the youngest that im to busy installing and testing drivers to feed her, i think not.

18. TheHunter

TheHunter Banned

GPU:
    MSi N570GTX TFIII [OC|PE]
    Are you using nvidia's or monitor's built in flat panel scaling?

if i use nivida's flat panel scaling i get horrible performance, when i select back to use my monitor's build in scaling its fine again.. Imo nvidia's scaling sucks big time like that ntune pos crap..

19. bokah

bokah Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 670GTX 2G
    try disable physx

20. elrazor

elrazor Master Guru

GPU:
    AorusMaster 3080
    Same opinion