WIll ati retake throne of fastest gpu again?

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon' started by death_samurai, Feb 28, 2009.

1. zer0_c0ol

zer0_c0ol Ancient Guru

GPU:
    FuryX cf
    true true

2. RustDust

RustDust Active Member

GPU:
    Sapphire 5770
    I wish there was more video card manufacturers (in the higher end) for more competition just like motherboards and peripherals. I like variety.

3. death_samurai

death_samurai Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Palit 970 GTX jetstream

What exactly is microstuttering??????

4. oMek

oMek Active Member

GPU:
    Sapphire 7950 @ 1100/1600
    a myth! lol

5. |Ano|

|Ano| Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX560Ti Twin FrozR II
    Not a myth at all, been there and it's very annoying..
    But micro stuttering is mostly on new games that is not supported in the drivers yet, usually gets fixed with driver updates.

6. Lyla

Lyla Banned

GPU:
    Do these micro stutters happen to correlate with hard disk activity...

7. buddyfriendo

buddyfriendo Guest

GPU:
    2070 Super
    Something the human eye can't and wont ever pick up. In other words, it exists but at the same time it's never going to be noticeable.

8. gamerk2

gamerk2 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA 570 GTX 1.2 GB
    Guys, X2 cards are a once in a generation thing. You won't see another X2 card until sometime after the new arch comes out later this year.

9. Tranzmit

Tranzmit Member Guru

GPU:
    HIS HD 7970 X Turbo
  10. darrenj

darrenj Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY 4090
    Seriously ATI has some financial issues do you think they have the time to be as pompous and bleed money for **** like this. They are focusing on the mid sector graphic range, where most cards are sold. I agree with them.

11. buddyfriendo

buddyfriendo Guest

GPU:
    2070 Super
    Not just ATi, Nvidia's stock isn't doing too well either. I'm sure both of them are going to be focusing on mid range rather than high end.

12. mitzi76

mitzi76 Guest

GPU:
    MSI 970 (Gaming)
    lol if it exists how has it been noted? what do you use to look at the screen?

answer your eyes. so how can u say something like the human eye cant see and ever pick up.

what u been smoking? :)

i seen some nonsense in my time but u take the win here steve..

i explain it to u :} if it exists..it can be seen..therefore you can notice it..how do you notice things visually? not with your ears no?

Last edited: Mar 4, 2009
  13. buddyfriendo

buddyfriendo Guest

GPU:
    2070 Super
    Just like people who demand a constant framerate above 90, just because it's your personal preference doesn't mean you'll notice it.

Not smoking anything, simply because I never notice microstuttering means I'm full of nonsense? Pretty ignorant I must say.

Some people believe dragons exist, you ever see one before? Others believe there is a big foot, does that mean he exists? There have been falsified sightings of him, all of which are total bull**** to stir up hype. I could keep going here about WHAT IF bullcrap but I wont, so give it a rest why don't you.

14. LedHed

LedHed Banned

GPU:
    BenQ FP241W
    How about you take a look on any online retailer and try to buy a 295 in the US. They are selling out like hot plates all over the internet and the price continues to rise. NVIDIA has done very well with the 295, now if they could only produce them in higher quantities than 10 at a time....

15. mitzi76

mitzi76 Guest

GPU:
    MSI 970 (Gaming)
    nothing to do with personal preferences. and perhaps you havent noticed it. perhaps some have.

i never said u were full of nonsense because u havent seen micro-stuttering. read through my post. seems u have issues with reading and comprehension 2

but my post was about your statement "the human eye cant or wont ever see".

that is utter nonsense. if some people have noticed it and there is the term micro-stuttering are you saying a lot of people are making things up?

and dragons and yeti are things of myth. lets keep it real! we are talking about a common phenomenon that affects people gpu's.

i for one think it depends on the game and drivers and could be more sli prevalent. nvm this is all off-topic.

i guess steve you are one of those people who say "the human eye cant detect more than 60fps"...read it on wikipedia by any chance?

nvm go read the micro-stutter thread in the nvidia section. you'll see a few other gurus who notice it.

sorry if i seem harsh but sometimes non-sensical tripe thats posted gets my goat.

16. buddyfriendo

buddyfriendo Guest

GPU:
    2070 Super
    Doesn't seem to matter does it? Nvidia's stock is still going down. No matter how you try to spin it facts prove otherwise (quick google search): http://www.ngohq.com/news/15454-nvidia-s-sales-drop-by-60-a.html - Doesn't matter how well the cards sell, overall they are slowly going down in value just like everyone else.

@mitzi76: I'm not even going to bother continuing this argument, simply put don't really care, why? Because I have never encountered your so called myth. :) - And FYI, your doing nothing but putting words in my mouth, where the hell did I say the human eye cant notice the difference if its above 60fps? More like 70ish, but I never said a damn thing about that. I'm going to guess your one of those people who needs 90+fps since you brought that up.

17. mitzi76

mitzi76 Guest

GPU:
    MSI 970 (Gaming)
    omg its not about the myth whether it exists or not its your stupidity with making a comment like the human eye cant or wont see...

can u not see how that is ludicrously stupid? nvm if u cant get that...

why is it my myth...???!!?!! pfftt...

18. buddyfriendo

buddyfriendo Guest

GPU:
    2070 Super
    It's not that I can't get it, it's that I don't care. Are your reading skills that mediocre?

19. mitzi76

mitzi76 Guest

GPU:
    MSI 970 (Gaming)
    nvm just carry on being a big baby because u posted crap and someone saw it and commented.

grow up. end of story.

20. buddyfriendo

buddyfriendo Guest

GPU:
    2070 Super
    How exactly am I being a big baby? I merely stated my opinion (one I'm sure others probably share) and you immediately got on the defensive as if I brought your mother into this, you need to chill out guy.