Possible motherboard upgrade?

Discussion in 'Processors and motherboards Intel' started by Koopie, Feb 28, 2009.

1. Koopie

Koopie New Member

GPU:
    Asus 9800GTX+
    I currently own a nforce 680i sli from evga and have a spare pc with a broken motherboard. I was looking at some mid-range motherboards and i've decided to buy a p45 chipset based board. I was looking at something along the lines of a P5Q PRO.

Now may question is, will the p45 board be superior in terms of features/stability/performance than my current 680i? Currently trying to decide if worth to replace my main pc 680i board with this one, or just stick it on the spare pc.

Would appreciate a few help on this matter, thanks.

Last edited: Feb 28, 2009
  2. Terrorizor

Terrorizor Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX260 SC
    yesterday i replaced an evga 650i ultra , with a new gigabyte EP45-UD3R into my girlfriends e8500/4850/4gb reaper/ system(which im actually on right now). and after its been running for a little bit of time this board is flawless , latest bios is top notch, the boards loaded literally with anything you can think of with a really nice software bundle for just a motherboard. i cant say enough good things about this board.but to keep it semi-short,... id recommend to anyone wanting a p45 to take a serious look at it.

http://www.gigabyte.com.tw/Products/Motherboard/Products_Overview.aspx?ProductID=3013

Last edited: Feb 28, 2009
  3. Koopie

Koopie New Member

GPU:
    Asus 9800GTX+
    Indeed its also another good board, ill have a look at it. But in the end, is it really superior in terms of features/stability/performance than a nforce 680i?