Help me choose

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by jcSihle, Feb 25, 2009.

1. jcSihle

jcSihle Member Guru

GPU:
    Inno 3d + POV GTX 580 SLI
    :3eyes:Guys I need to choose between Oblivion, Mass Effect, Bioshock and Alone in the dark, which one would be best

2. CharlieSimon

CharlieSimon Maha Guru

GPU:
    ASUS Geforce GTX 970
    Mass effect !
    Without a doubt ! In my opinion that is.

3. Tat3

Tat3 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070 Ti Super
    Alone in the Dark is only game of those I have not played. I heard it have very bad controls.

BioShock, it's fun but very short compared to Oblivion or Mass Effect.

I your looking for rpg, then Oblivion or Mass Effect (both are very good games).

BioShock, well, looks good, good story, etc, etc... But as I said, it's short and about zero replay value. FPS with few rpg elements added to that game. Some people have said this was best game when it was released but imo it was good fps, defo not game of a year.

Oblivion, there are sh*t loads of texture packs, mods, items, quests and all kind of stuff for this game. You'll spend much time with this even without mods and mods just add all kind of good stuff to this game.

Mass Effect, great story, not the best graphics around but looks decent. Fun to play and this has some replay value, take different kind of character and different choices. You wont be interested to investigate whole galaxy many times but first time without a problem.

4. antonyfrn

antonyfrn Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 4070 SUPER
    Mass Effect is a good game i enjoyed it

Oblivion realy nice game lot of play ability if you hunt about and find the right addons

Bioshock's ok like posted above not much replayability

Alone in the Dark not played one of these games in years

5. Gromuhl'Djun

Gromuhl'Djun Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4070ti
    What a choice! Depends on what you like best:

Oblivion = open ended RPG, with mods it can be an extremely good game. Without mods its just..nice. So be prepared to do some research on what mods to use.
    Mass Effect = story driven RPG. Great graphics and story, but pretty linear.
    Bioshock = Good FPS with minor rpg elements (leveling your weapon and hacking skills) limited replayablility
    Alone in the Dark = crap

6. PuddingWagon

PuddingWagon Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 670
    I'd go for Oblivion just due to the massive possible playtime. I just finished re-installing it and downloading ~2gigs of mods which I'm gonna have fun installing... I did have a few issues with it when I played it on my old computer, but I'm hoping those were just due to lag. Mass Effect is pretty good if you can pick it up cheap, it's good for a run through but I can't bring myself to play it again straight away.

7. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    Mass Effect

8. Dahzeal33

Dahzeal33 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x eVGA GTX 275 SLI
    Bioshock bored me to tears. I still don't get why people like it so much and I didn't finish it.

Oblivion is such a great game. Get the pack that has both Oblivion and Shivering Isles. For me, it's got infinite replay and with mods you can do just about anything you want. To this day I still come up with new character build ideas, download a few mods to make it happen, then go to town.

Edit: Hell, I'd still be playing Daggerfall if I could. It had even more character build options and old school charm. TES is just such an awesome series with serious bang for your buck.

Last edited: Feb 25, 2009
  9. Ieldra

Ieldra Banned

GPU:
    GTX 980Ti G1 1500/8000
    Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeek. I keeel you !

Anyway, I'd go for Oblivion considering replayability etc. But very very honestly, I think BioShock is the best game on that list. It has zero replayability, but the sheer quality of that relatively short single player campaign is worth the money.
    What a game... (Tries to stop himself from going on and on about how good bioshock is)

10. jcSihle

jcSihle Member Guru

GPU:
    Shoooo I'm stilll a bit confused but I think I'll go for Oblivion, cause I've always wanted to play that game. I know its'a bit old but you have convinced me.:banana:

11. jcSihle

jcSihle Member Guru

GPU:
    Could you guys direct me to where I can get those mods.

12. Unstable_Hero

Unstable_Hero Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 295
    Oblivion mod site
    You'll be glad you chose oblivion its amazing game, btw you should play mass effect sometime in your life its amazing too!

13. Duke Nil

Duke Nil Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080
    Eh I'd definitely say pick between mass effect and bioshock (though i haven't personally played alone in the dark), oblivion is... well I have mixed feelings about oblivion. First of all I have spent many, many hours on it, but second of all I really didn't enjoy most of those hours very much, I just felt compelled to complete it somehow.

But in all honesty it really is kind of ****, it has many very serious problems that my man yahtzee can tell you better than I can: http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/zero-punctuation/75-Oblivion

Both mass effect and bioshock are excellent imo, I'd tend to lean towards recommending bioshock as mass effect, though one of my favorite games ever, is not for everyone, mostly because it's really pretty nerdy. honestly, theres so much backstory and depth of dialogue and such that i really get off on, but i realize could be very boring. Bioshock, on the other hand, is something I can pretty much guarantee you'll enjoy.

Oblivion has lots and lots of content, but I find myself not wanting to explore said content, If it's a choice between one of those two and oblivion, get one of those two. or **** it and get fallout 3! =-]

14. Year

Year Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 690
    tough one, i'd personally go with Oblivion because you get your money worth and the experience is entertaining plus you can Mod it do death.

second choice Bioshock.

15. Stukov

Stukov Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6970/4870X2 (both dead)
    ME or Fallout 3

16. proliferazor

proliferazor Master Guru

GPU:
    AMD 7950
    You won't find a better 20$ game than mass effect.

17. Nerox

Nerox Master Guru

GPU:
    SAPPHIRE 6950 2GB
    Oblivion!! .. Its just the best game Ive ever played in my entire life

18. BlackZero

BlackZero Guest

It's between oblivion and mass effect imo, both are great but vastly different, you'll need to do some research but in terms of the time you'll be spending on each game, oblivion (especially once you start modding) will take up many more hours of your time. I would however come back and play mass effect too.