Rivatuner applet for G15 keyboard issue

Discussion in 'Rivatuner Statistics Server (RTSS) Forum' started by c3k, Feb 23, 2009.

1. c3k

c3k Member

First off, THANK YOU!!! to Unwinder for this program.

On to my question: My issue is the applet for my Logitech G15 keyboard. When I start my computer or reboot, Rivatuner v2.22 works fine. The fan profiles operate, the GPU temp shows up in the taskbar, etc. That information is repeated in the LCD window on my keyboard. I can cycle the LCD normally. However, after my computer enters sleep state and I awaken it, I cannot get the applet running. It's as if it never existed. I'm sure it's something simple, and this shows my lack of knowledge. Any ideas?

Thanks!

2. mR Yellow

mR Yellow Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire R9 Fury
    Check you hardware monitor setup. Go to the graphs and right click and go to setup. Make sure u have "Show on LCD" ticked.

3. c3k

c3k Member

mR Yellow, thanks!

Right clicking on the graphs does not give me a "show on LCD" option.

Hmmm, I hate to act like a noob, but I can't find the "Show on LCD" button. The LCD display on the G15 shows everything on reboot or initial start, just not on wake from sleep. Going into the Logitech launcher, it shows Rivatuner 2.22 running and checked. (I also run coretemp and have the same problem: it stops showing on the G15 the same way as rivatuner stops).

Right clicking on the hardware monitoring graphs opens a menu. The bottom menu item is "setup". Opening that gives me a rivatuner screen with these settings sections: General, Grid, Graph, Tray icon, On Screen Display.

I've done a quick search and found Unwinder's directions on how to STOP the information from being displayed, "...There are two power user entries in RivaTuner\UserInterface node allowing to acheive both of these tasks.

MapOSDToLCD = 0 completely prevents RT from mapping data displayed in OSD to G15 LCD
    LCDDisableForceWoreground = 1 prevents RT from making its page foreground in G15 LCD ..."

Again, showing my incompetence, I CANNOT find what Unwinder meant when he said "Rivatuner/user interface node...power user." I can easily see and access the power user tab on the main display, but that doesn't get me anywhere near the software switches he mentioned.

MapOSDtoLCD seems to be the command I need; it must be set to a value only representing initial rivatuner start, not resumption. Do you know how I can find that line?

Thanks!

4. Kali1

Kali1 New Member

GPU:
    Nvidia 275GTX
    Try
    Power User -> Monitoring -> BackgroundMonitoring = 1

5. c3k

c3k Member

Kali1; thanks! Done, but no change to behavior

mR Yellow; I found what Unwinder mentioned, the MapOSDToLCD and LCDDisableForceWareground. Both are set to show on the G15.

Still, sleep mode keeps Rivatuner off the G15. End and restart brings it back, but it's not automatic.

I'm still trying...

Thanks

6. Unwinder

Unwinder Ancient Guru Staff Member

Use the scheduler to create a task performing re-connection to G15 LCD after suspended mode. More info can be found in the release notes.

7. mR Yellow

mR Yellow Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire R9 Fury
    Also, make sure u running the latest version.

8. Unwinder

Unwinder Ancient Guru Staff Member

Jean, don't forget that the latest version you have and the latest version publicly available for others are different things. "Show in LCD" is not available in 2.23, it mirrors OSD output to LCD so it is controlled by "Show in OSD" option ;)

9. c3k

c3k Member

Unwinder --- Thank you!!

As soon as v2.24 is out, I'll do my part to help tick that counter over 10,000,000!

This program is fantastic!

Regards,
    Ken