Automatic control fan doesn't work with 2.23

Discussion in 'Rivatuner Statistics Server (RTSS) Forum' started by grabibus, Feb 21, 2009.

1. grabibus

grabibus Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3090
    Hi,

my Rig :
    MOBO ASUS Rampage Extreme
    CPU INTEL C2Q Q9650@4,2GHz
    GPU ASUS GTX280@648/1458/1242
    RAM OCZ Platinum Edition DDR3-1600@1557MHz 7-7-7-24 1N
    Drivers GeForce 182.06 WHQL
    OS Windows XP Pro SP2

I have installed Rivatuner 2.23, and the automatic control fan through "scheduler" doesn't work. The fan duty cycle still stays at 40% whatever the core temperature.

In "scheduler", as I always did with former versions of Rivatuner, I have set steps with "hardware monitoring threshold event" to have speed fan at 40%, 60%, 80% or 100% depending on the core temperature (I use upward and downward).

For all former versions it worked perfectly and not for 2.23.

I came back to 2.22 version.

Anyone has this issue with the same rig as me ?

I think there is a bug....Hope it wil be solved with 2.24 version :)

Bye.

2. foci

foci Active Member

GPU:
    2x EVGA GTX460 1024MB
  3. grabibus

grabibus Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3090
    Ok !

Thank for your fast answer !

So let's wait the 2.24 version...with impatience :)

bye

4. Moros

Moros Member

GPU:
    Sparkle 8800GTS 320MB
    You could also use the automatic fan control which doesn't require the scheduler.

5. grabibus

grabibus Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3090
    How ?

do you have a tutorial or this ?

thanks.

6. foci

foci Active Member

GPU:
    2x EVGA GTX460 1024MB
    Easy, see the sticky entitled "Find Rivatuner Guides Here"

7. sm007h

sm007h Member

GPU:
    NVidia 8800 GTS 512mb
    I read that it's not recommended to use the low-level automatic settings if the driver level controls work. I'm not sure why, as there was no explanation.
    http://www.guru3d.com/index.php?page=rivatuner

It seems that's referring to older gfx cards without the capability of using driver-level instructions rather than a bug in this particular version that makes it so they don't automatically work without manually adjusting the scheduler at startup.

I'm not certain about any of this though, I haven't found a clear discussion on the merits of either method. It might be buried in a long thread somewhere.

8. Unwinder

Unwinder Ancient Guru Staff Member

Hint: taking a statement without context is not a smart move. It is applied to simple integrated fan controllers only.

9. sm007h

sm007h Member

GPU:
    NVidia 8800 GTS 512mb
    Here is the entire paragraph:
    Please explain what context I am missing because there is nothing in there that clarifies that the portion is referring to simple fan controllers. I interpreted the warning to mean if the drivers can control the fan, then don't use low-level fan control.

edit:
    @grabibus

Here are the instructions I used when setting up low-level fan control for my 8800gts 512mb (G92) card: http://www.vaguetech.com/index.php?pageid=rt207 The directions are the bottom of the page, you can find them easily by searching for "Advanced Automatic Fan Control"

Last edited: Feb 25, 2009
  10. Unwinder

Unwinder Ancient Guru Staff Member

Nothing?

Added reference fan duty cycle monitoring and low-level fan control tab for G92 based display adapters using integrated on-die fan controller (e.g. GeForce 9800GTX series). Please take a note that low-level fan control tab for display adapters using INTEGRATED FAN CONTROLLERr is provided only as a workaround allowing you to control the fan if the drivers are completely unable to do it. It is strongly not recommended to use low-level fan control for INTEGRATED fan controllers if driver-level fan control functions properly.

Please first think then post. Your posts are 200% offtopic in context of this thread, not every statement containing "fan" word can be attached to this thread. The same applies to postings about EVGA Precision in Vista gadget thread.