GeForce Forceware 182.06 WHQL download and discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by Huigie, Feb 18, 2009.

1. digital demon

digital demon Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC
    Or HWMonitor.

http://www.cpuid.com/hwmonitor.php

So, I pitched all of my benchmarks and used FRAPS and the current games I'm playing to test these drivers. I did see the promised 10% increase in L4D...about 4-5 FPS. Warhead was slightly down, FC2 was about 1-2 FPS faster and Fallout 3 was about the same.

2. Foes

Foes Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Tri-Sli 260's
    one thing I noticed in Fallout 3, maybe its just me, but during all my driver testing I keped getting 60 FPS. Even though I did not have Vsync enabled via the game settings, I went to Nvidia control panel and forced Vsync off in the global and I noticed Fallout 3 FPS going above 60.

Last edited: Feb 20, 2009
  3. digital demon

digital demon Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC
    So, you had it off in the game but not the drivers? The drivers setting should override the game, so it stands to reason that it would have been capped at 60 FPS.

4. Foes

Foes Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Tri-Sli 260's

By default Nvidia is set to use game setting..in which was off in the game config. I had to force Vsync off in Nvidia control panel (which is default to use game settings) in order to show above 60 FPS.

5. MrXGamer

MrXGamer Active Member

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 295
    Doesn't seem to be much different than 182.05 beta for me..

Bad stuttering in games - COD5, Left 4 Dead and TF2. FPS drops from 100 to low 40's.

Other games are fine i guess.

6. Plan6m

Plan6m Member Guru

GPU:
    Geforce 8800 GT
    Can't get them to install on Windows 7 7000 build 64 bit.

7. Fathom216

Fathom216 Guest

GPU:
    MSI Nvidia 980 GTX 4gb
    I'm having some problems with these drivers. Running Vista 64 bit, 3.2ghz dual core intel, 4gigsDDR3ram, and an nvidia 9800gx2 1gig

This has been a recurring issue with the 181 and 182's; my computer fan turns on and off erratically, and it's really loud. it goes on for a second then goes off for 4 then goes on again. Not only that, but my performance with 182.06 on Fear 2 and Dawn of War 2 was significantly worse than with 180.43 (which are my favorite drivers due to their stability and universally good performance). I figure if it's not broke don't fix it, but the 180's are kind of old so do I have to worry about anything? Does the performance im getting with the 182's make any sense? Is there something I can do to make sure it isn't the fault of my PC, or something like that?

Thanks guys.

8. Einhanderkiller

Einhanderkiller Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte Radeon HD 5870
    These drivers don't work with Empire: Total War in Windows 7. They cause the game to lock up. The WDDM 1.1 179.43 drivers work fine for the game.

9. digital demon

digital demon Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC
    OK...gotcha.

10. HeavyHemi

HeavyHemi Guest

GPU:
    GTX1080Ti
    Well, not good for me anyway. FC2 crashes after a few minutes. Flickering in textures and horrible stuttering in FC2 benches. Running 3DVantage caused a system reboot at the normal clocks I bench at so I didn't bother testing it further. So... back to 181.22.

11. elrazor

elrazor Master Guru

GPU:
    AorusMaster 3080
    182.06 WHQL - GPU renderer broken for MPC HC, Photoshop CS 4.
    Too bad nVidia.

12. em_dinesh

em_dinesh Member Guru

GPU:
    GBE 460 SOC
    I had overlocking problem with 181.22 and its solved by 182.05 but its got blue screen problems and i hope this one fixed it

13. BetA

BetA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    G1-GTX980@1400Mhz

öhhhm, not here..cs4 is working fine with gpu acceleration and mediaplayerclassic wich i only use since years, is working too. without any problem...
    i watch the movies and only 3-4% cpu stress, just like it should!!!!!!

if you want i make screenshot!!

maybe you download the dxva checker and see if there is something you didnt see?!?!?!

greetz Beta

14. hochi1942

hochi1942 Member

GPU:
    Evga 7600GT
    agreed, 2-5% cpu in media player classic and this driver seems to fix the "stuck in 3d speeds" issue for me at least

15. nuke888

nuke888 Guest

Can u explain me this the 185.20 I have got are older then this ?
    Do u think it worths to change to 182.06 ?

16. elrazor

elrazor Master Guru

GPU:
    AorusMaster 3080
    I was mean Media Player Classic Home Cinema GPU enhanced.. EVR renderer is unselectable.. and Photoshop CS4 says "No GPU options available".. XP SP 3 running..

17. BetA

BetA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    G1-GTX980@1400Mhz

you know that evr render is only for vista do you?
    take dx9 renderless, should read the tut carefully..

i use vista..everything works and yes im using the mpc hc edition too......

im not quite shure, but isnt cs4 gpu acceleration only 9800gtx and higher... im not shure about it..

greetz Beta

18. Cybermancer

Cybermancer Don Quixote

GPU:
    BFG GTX260OC (192 SP)
    185.20 is older because it was leaked a few weeks ago. So, despite its higher version number it is older. ;)

Usually, changing drivers is not worth it - unless you have some problems in a game that you are playing or like to squeeze every bit of performance out of your system for benchmarking it, etc., etc.

19. nuke888

nuke888 Guest

I cant boot Mirror's Edge 1.01 with 1.0 its fine with 1.01 it shows the splash screen and stays on desktop no matter what,tried to del games settings and saves on its documents and settings dir and tried compatibility mode win 2000 and it doesn want to work m getting mad !

q6600@3Ghz
    2GB
    8800 GTS 512 185.20
    Phsyx 909.01.21
    WinXp SP3 updated to today.

Anybody has a solution its really welcomed

20. Cybermancer

Cybermancer Don Quixote

GPU:
    BFG GTX260OC (192 SP)
    Try this:

1. Uninstall your current driver.
    2. Restart and boot into safe mode (F8).
    3. Run Driver Sweeper and maybe even CCleaner.
    4. Restart and boot to the regular desktop.
    5. Install the 182.06 WHQL driver.
    6. Restart.

Good luck! :D

p.s.: In case you're getting an error message when you try to install the driver, decompress it with a tool like 7-Zip, delete the PhsyX installer from the folder and just start the setup.exe in the decompressed driver folder...