UT3 and forceware 18x.xx

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by Flakk, Jan 17, 2009.

1. ---TK---

---TK--- Guest

GPU:
    2x 980Ti Gaming 1430/7296
    I dont have any crashes but I have had a hell of a time getting sli to work with this game. I finally found the solution...disable physics and that worked

2. 3NF

3NF Member

GPU:
    EVGA 8800 GTS 512MB @ 780
    Since I could reproduce the crash in the same place every time, that tells me it's probably a software issue.

Anyway, the crash I could reproduce consistently on the map deck is no longer an issue with the latest beta drivers, 182.05.

3. studabakahawk

studabakahawk Guest

GPU:
    2-SOC GTX 460 768 MB SLI
    I tried it on MSI 690 chipset,& 570 SLI chipset, ( my builds for my Sons comps)with AMD 5600 windsor, and brisbane 5000 BE and brisbane 5800 cpus with various pc 800 ram configutations
    I used every driver thats been out on it since like 178.xx i suppose but have setteled on the 180.84 as its really stable and seems to run everything. except UT# of course!
    ATI 3850 cards and Nvidia 8800 GT (1x and sli configuration) and ithe F%#king Game crashed all the time. my last build is Asrock with 9950 BE and 3 gigs 1066 mem 2 8800 GT in sli and im still using the 180.84 driver.
    i havrnt even tried it on that rig as im so convinced its just a worthless bit of code that could have been awesome fragfest! but it went belly up on me every time!

4. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    According to the Epic forum, the v182.05 specifically address the issue of UTIII crashing to the desktop and I can confirm, having been playing the game last night, that is true. No more crashes even with the v2.0 beta 1 patch.

5. EvaUnit02

EvaUnit02 Active Member

GPU:
    Geforce GTX27/896MB@stock
    Yeah, with v182.05 (Vista x64) it still crashes in less than ten minutes into a match. Nvidia need to fix this honestly, it's gotten out of hand.

6. morbias

morbias Don TazeMeBro

GPU:
    -
    I'm running 182.05 on Vista x64 and don't have any problems with UT3 like before. I was using 181.22 previously, and that would crash really quickly in Warfare.

PhysX is on in the CP and in the game, it's patched to the latest version and registered with STEAM. Other than that I've forced 4x MSAA in nHancer and texture filtering is set to high. Motion blur is turned on in game with everything set to max, including screen scaling. I've got the latest DirectX and OpenAL drivers too.

It could just be a certain setting that's crashing it for you, try turning everything down and see if you have the same problem.

7. Random Guy

Random Guy Member

GPU:
    GTX 680 SLI
    I can also confirm that this driver has resolved my UT3 crash issues - which happened in all drivers since 180.48 (barring 185.02).

Note: The crashing happened whenever I played Warfare.

8. nofool

nofool Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX470 Superclocked
    Lots of crashes in UT3 now

I don't know whether it's the latest driver from Jan. 09, or it's my brand new XFX GTX260 C216. I'll try older drivers now because I'm locking up in UT3 every damn time I play anything. A major drag. I have all the UT3 patches loaded. I don't think it's the card because UT3 is the only game I have trouble with, and I'm having more and more trouble with it all the time!

Last edited: Feb 17, 2009
  9. studabakahawk

studabakahawk Guest

GPU:
    2-SOC GTX 460 768 MB SLI
    i would guess that according to the epic forum, everything is sweetness and light!
    I would also guess that you will get more candid and honest info from a site like this ( not that there are to many honest and non biased tech reference sites better than this one) its generally understood that everyone in here has a rig thats either slightly souped up, or maxed out beyond belief. assume that most forums will deal with rigs pretty much standard issue, or some high end mfgrs.
    Just about everyone in this joint can build a system as good or better than the best hi end computer Mfgr.
    thats what we do , thats why we come here to learn from each other.
    When UT3 is set right and runs well you will see it here! there are 3 pages of people who all say its a piece of garbage that drove everyone of us nuts for at least a week.
    There are a few in here who got it to run sometimes till it began to crash again, and there may be some who it hasnt started crashing on yet.
    that what this forum shows i just read through it. If this driver has fixed it we will all know soon enough.
    please keep me posted as i thought it looked like most fun UT game so far. instead it fragged me for every time i played it , and believe me i tuned and de tuned ever facet of 3 different rigs to no avail.

10. studabakahawk

studabakahawk Guest

GPU:
    2-SOC GTX 460 768 MB SLI
    oh yeah sorry windows XP pro 32 bit here

11. Random Guy

Random Guy Member

GPU:
    GTX 680 SLI
    Here is a list for those who don't know:

180.48 WHQL - WORKS FINE

Between 180.48 to 182.05 - ALL HAVE CRASHING ISSUES

182.05 BETA, 182.06 WHQL (RECOMMENDED) - WORKS FINE

The latest drivers are working fine. Hope that clears it up for you.

12. studabakahawk

studabakahawk Guest

GPU:
    2-SOC GTX 460 768 MB SLI
    so 182.05 is the magic bullet? Im at 184.84 cause its been great with everything i play it on ,(except that grumpy UT3 fellow were talking about). are you using Vista or are you running win XP pro (as i am)? can anyone say that 182.05 will get UT3 to run on Win XP pro please? Thankx in advance should this work.

13. }{Alienz}{

}{Alienz}{ Member Guru

GPU:
    8800GT 725/1800/1950
    Its a known issue that was introduced by Nvidia in the 180.xx drivers.
    Issue is fixed by installing the latest 182.05 drivers as posted on the UT3 forums.

If you had crashing prior to the 180 drivers, then you probably had a different issue that is not driver related...

14. YetYhunter

YetYhunter Maha Guru

GPU:
    Jetstream GTX1080
    I'm getting VERY bad FPS with 18x.xx drivers. Goes as low as 40 and that is not normal with my setup!

15. studabakahawk

studabakahawk Guest

GPU:
    2-SOC GTX 460 768 MB SLI
    well i just upped her to 182.05 from my latest fav 180.84 and i do see added smoothness to every thing ive thrown at it so far. mabye ill give it a try on UT3. ill let you know how things work out.

16. studabakahawk

studabakahawk Guest

GPU:
    2-SOC GTX 460 768 MB SLI
    Hey it works ! UT3 is playable on XP pro 32 bit with 182.06 driver, best driver ive used to date period. thats why i came to this site, where else can you get info, correct and to the point in minutes thanks gurus!

17. SkaarjMaster

SkaarjMaster Member Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX-280 1GB
    How do the newer 182.08 WHQL drivers work with UT3?:) By the way, I haven't updated my rig information yet (completely new rig, old rig will still be running for a while), because I just did the Windows Updates last night and will be installing video drivers tonight for a GTX-280.
    EDIT: new rig info updated, even though old still running.:)

Last edited: Apr 26, 2009
  18. BaneComes

BaneComes Banned

GPU:
    580GTX Twin Frozr II/OC
    dl the new 2.0 patch makes ut3 run alot smoother as well as look hellava lot better http://www.unrealaddicts.com/forums...urnament-3-2-0-patch-titan-pack-released.html theres the link for the patch as wel as the new titan pack

Last edited: Mar 23, 2009
  19. gamerk2

gamerk2 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA 570 GTX 1.2 GB
    178.24 are by far the most stable "recent drivers" from NVIDIA, although for my GX2, I'm all the way back to 174.5x (the earliest avaliable for Vista...).

20. Sr7

Sr7 Master Guru

Good god, why would you possibly be on such an old driver?

Do you have any idea how many fixed performance and stability issues you're missing?