How long do you spend at your PC per day? (poll)

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by masterchiefx2, Feb 16, 2009.

?

How long on PC/MAC per day?

Poll closed Feb 26, 2009.
  1. 1 min-1 hours

1 vote(s)
    0.9%
  2. 1 hour-2 hours

3 vote(s)
    2.7%
  3. 2-hour-5 hours

39 vote(s)
    34.5%
  4. 5 hour-8 hours

36 vote(s)
    31.9%
  5. 8 hour-24 hours - you sir/madam need to go out more

26 vote(s)
    23.0%
  6. 24-10000 hours - R.I.P XP

8 vote(s)
    7.1%
  1. SolidBladez

SolidBladez Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti OC
    The only thing I can say is that once Summer comes along, I am breaking from my computer and getting some sun.

Can't stand my pasty ass. :3eyes:

2. N00bst3r

N00bst3r Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX570 OC
    Try modelling a character with an anatomically correct structure, creating a mod for HL2, creating a character animation, and creating a 1-3 minute animation (like typeography stuff) and then finding time to play Left 4 Dead or BF2142. Not enough hours in the day to be honest, altohugh i dont really enjoy being sat infront of my pc all day, i just can't escape it :(

3. John

John Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Probably too much. I'm so exhausted when I get off work that I'm physically unable to do much else than to waste hours in front of the screen. Though I watch alot of video on my PC (films, tv series) and I don't watch ordinary TV at all (I can't stand ads). I also get alot of physical exercise through my work, so I don't really feel bad about it. So, around 6 hours or so on an ordinary day.

4. Doug

Doug Guest

GPU:
    GTX 970
    8:30 - 5:30 at my work PC then 6:00 - 01:00 at home :nerd:

5. Nexevo

Nexevo Master Guru

GPU:
    Gainward GTX275 GS
    It varies at work but I don't spend much more than 4 hours on the PC, the rest is machine programming. At home it can be up to five hours a day.

6. Zer0K3wL

Zer0K3wL Banned

GPU:
    gtx 480 850/1700/2000 h2o
    mostly 12 up to 24 hours.

7. Corrupt^

Corrupt^ Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 3090 FE
    8 hours at least, 4 of them gaming with a clan, rest is usually surfing zeh webz or watching movies. I don't feel bad about it either but I should get some more exercice though.

8. hallryu

hallryu Don Altobello

GPU:
    2x HD7970
    I think I spend around 2 to 3 hours a night. I need to halve that and get some Uni work done!:3eyes:

9. proFits

proFits Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080
    Can't believe such LOW percentage of us are ''8 hour-24 hours - you sir/madam need to go out more''

I mean if I did calculate it it would pretty much be around 8AM to 4h30PM almost none stop at work
    Then I get home and play 1h then eat until around 6h30PM then 6h30 till probably 11-12 then go to bed...

say 8 + 1 + 5.5 = 14.5 .... I don't see myself doing it any other way, obviously it's not EVERY day, since 2 days a week I got to the gym and week-end I'm with my GF all days (sometimes including fridays) but still overall in a week I'd consider at least being on 64h a week with 42h/week of sleep tops

10. ScoobyDooby

ScoobyDooby Guest

GPU:
    1080Ti & Acer X34
    I would say I'm on in the neighborhood of 5-8 hours, however I have everything against me. School work that I do is on the computer and has to be, and if I end up working that day since I'm a mobile pc technician yeah, there is more time. All depends really..
    mind you when the weather outside is cold and crappy that is the last place I want to throw myself to.. I'd rather stay home and chill out :)

11. D-Cyph3r

D-Cyph3r Master Guru

GPU:
    Intergrated (for now)
    Weekdays: Work all day, PC all night

Weekends: Sleep all day, beer up all night, cram in a couple of hours in between.

12. Cybermancer

Cybermancer Don Quixote

GPU:
    BFG GTX260OC (192 SP)
    5 - 8 hours

13. Renegade8100

Renegade8100 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 SC
    jesus man, i work on a computer, then come home and work on a computer, and knock the fudge out watchin tv on a computer.

14. viren

viren Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RTX 2070
    i use to spend 8-10 hours daily when i got my new pc [to left is my rig]. For the past month i have been spending very few time because i decided to have a carrier instead.

15. Adicto

Adicto Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte 9600GT 512MB
    Weekends about 8-10 hours, weekdays 3-5 hours max (Well right now i'm using it more on weekdays since i'm on vacations, but school starts in a few weeks) :)

So average between Weekdays and Weekends is around 6-7 hours ~~
    So i voted for 5-8 hours :banana:

Yeah, i'm being honest, i use it a lot :nerd:

Last edited: Feb 16, 2009

16. John

John Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 970
    [​IMG]

Whoa! I'd toss my PC for one of these as well! :p

/Yes, yes, dry joke.

17. vindassius

vindassius Guest

GPU:
    8800GTX
    if i could get up in the morning and plug myself in with the coffee machine at the side of me i'd prob be there all day faffing some way...visual studio games browsing 4od etc etc until about 3 in the morning :D

in all fairness atm im prob on it about 6 hrs in the evening and about 4 in the day....i used to be a 12-14hrs day person easily.

18. Marduk-

Marduk- Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 8800GT @ 680/1800
    roughly 2-3hours

19. PuddingWagon

PuddingWagon Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 670
    Well during the holidays it was/is about 11am till 2am almost everyday, so too much...
    I'd be doing the standard stuff I guess, random internet stuff, games, videos, mapping and solitaire.

During uni it'd probably be close to 5 hours a night, not counting any time I would be spending on computers at uni. I am doing a computer degree so it's pretty hard not to be sitting in front of a screen.

20. Marri

Marri Guest

GPU:
    5 to 8 hours atleast 3 days a week , the rest is at least 2 hours..