Any news on DNA 9.1?

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by CPC_RedDawn, Feb 2, 2009.

1. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY RTX4090
    So is there going to be a DNA 9.1 driver? Maybe he can try and intergate the multi-core function that came with 8.12hf2... just a thought...

EDIT: Just found this http://forums.guru3d.com/showpost.php?p=2984143&postcount=115 but I think that was the old DNA 9.1 and the next DNA release should be DNA 9.2 or something like that.

Last edited: Feb 2, 2009
  2. HaZe303

HaZe303 Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2070 Super
    If you read the whole post by killersneak, you would have seen that those in youre link were based of the 8.12´s. And he called them 9.1 beta´s? So i think and hope a real 9.1dna comes soon, as there are no more xtreme-g ati drivers released (what im aware of), the dna´s are the only modded drivers for ATI atm? But do correct me if im wrong!?

Also you asked if KS could include the multicore fixes fro 8.12 HF driver to the latest 9.1. Although maybe possible, I think its hard for KS to include or the edit the files that way. The only thing he does with the drivers is to tweak the settings, both those that are public and some hidden tweaks(regtweaks etc.). So I highly doubt KS could do that kind of driver, even if he wanted. Ofcourse I might be wrong? If so, I apologize to KS.

3. tr4l1975

tr4l1975 Guest

GPU:
    sapphire RX480 8GB OC
    posted in this thread http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=286348 on page 8

in answer to this

4. ares71

ares71 Member

GPU:
    Sapphire HD 4870 512 MB

5. v4npro

v4npro Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 7900XT
    Might just do DNA 8.12 HF. or just wait for 9.2 in two weeks hopefully.

6. HaZe303

HaZe303 Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2070 Super
    I was wrong about XG drivers, new Catalyst 9.1 Xtreme-G has been released.

7. TCT

TCT Member

GPU:
    Ati hd2600oc@742.5_522
    XG 9.1 got me a good surprise, before (8.8 to 9.1) max stable OC 736gpu 513mem,
    now i got 742.5gpu 522mem stable, a little boost of +2/3fps in crysis warhead & +3/5fps in COD4.

Have a good day

8. pekka

pekka Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX580twin frozr PE
    so KS how are you?

wanna share when you appreciate the 9.1 DNA is to be released?

have a good day ya´ll

9. KillerSneak

KillerSneak Banned

GPU:
    2x HD 3870's CrossFireX
    Hi, all

The Vista's should be done this week. I ran into a little delay as my GirlFriend had to undergo a Jaw surgery in the Hospital so she wasn't able to do anything the last few days and i had to be the uhh "man / woman" of the house

http://www.donotargue.com/page.php?id=1055

The final beta's will be released to the beta testers today. They are as good as done so if no problems arise with the pre-final today they should be final Tuesday or Wednesday

10. dashie

dashie New Member

GPU:
    Sapphire HD4670 512MB
    How can I install DNA Drivers? Know, i am noob... :)

11. KillerSneak

KillerSneak Banned

GPU:
    2x HD 3870's CrossFireX
    Just wait for the DNA-ATi 9.1 series. they come with a new Install system and updated readme / instructions :)

12. dashie

dashie New Member

GPU:
    Sapphire HD4670 512MB
    Thx man :)

13. KillerSneak

KillerSneak Banned

GPU:
    2x HD 3870's CrossFireX
    Hi sorry i didn't anwser sooner.

I can mix and match drivers that shouldn't be a problem, and i might squize in this option before the release (planned for tomorrow)

Altough I do a bit more than only adding registry tweaks ;) it's a short way to describe it in general indeed :) .. I can't promise anything but ill try to include this 8.12 HF option into the final release that is planned for tomorrow.

14. Liniuxs

Liniuxs Member Guru

GPU:
    MSI HD5770
    Thanks, we waiting

15. KillerSneak

KillerSneak Banned

GPU:
    2x HD 3870's CrossFireX

16. oMek

oMek Active Member

GPU:
    Sapphire 7950 @ 1100/1600
    wow sneak, you where able to add the 8.12 HF multi core support into the 9.1 drivers? I CANT WAIT!~

17. KillerSneak

KillerSneak Banned

GPU:
    2x HD 3870's CrossFireX
    Yes altough infact you are then running DX/D3D 8.12 version with the 9.1 OpenGL (3.0 support) So it's more of an hybrid with best of both worlds.

How ever the DNA-ATi drivers has had multi-core tweaks in the drivers for a long time already.

Last edited: Feb 11, 2009
  18. HaZe303

HaZe303 Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2070 Super
    I know, I didnt try to insult youre intelligence? :) Just tried to explain how it works. And in hindsight, I was propably a bit right with how hard it can be making one driver of two different sets??? I really appreciate youre work, just so you know and really like DNA drivers. But also Im a realist, I know that you dont MAKE the drivers, you take ATI´s drivers and edit them, and thats only what I was trying to tell? I get annoyed sometimes, for an example: DanielK who made the great Creative drivers? People said things like hire DanielK to make the drivers etc etc. And in one way I do agree, but some people have this illusion that he made the creative x-fi drivers, and most of us know he didnt make any drivers. He just took what Creative made, and made them better and more compatible. So I was just trying to inform some that dont know better? :) Ps. Once more, not trying to take anything away from you or youre hard work!

19. KillerSneak

KillerSneak Banned

GPU:
    2x HD 3870's CrossFireX
    Hahaha not at all / none taken :D

True we edit / change and add to what ATi releases but like you say i do take this serious and actually listen to what the community wants / has to say about the driver releases (as you can see from the above readme preview). Every release get's re-tweaked (unlike some other modded sets who copy paste their tweaks to the driver every single release)

DNA infact was also one of the first with a Beta Testing program / team of its own to make sure it gets properly tested before release.

I'm also always looking for the latest settings and keep adding 3rd party support as much as i can (standart Vista driver from ATi for example has 639 DeviceID's while the DNA-ATi drivers at this point have 1022 Device ID's thats extra support for 383 DeviceID's)

Also adding fresh new ideas (like the new DNA-ATi 9.1) is a way to keep the project interesting.

20. vbdss

vbdss Member

GPU:
    AMD Radeon HD7770 Ghz Ed.
    Does this so claimed Multi Thread thing supported by onboard video? like the HD 3200

If so, i will be very grateful to install DNA driver, Who doesnt want more performance right?

BTW, i am using the Cat 8.12 with Hotfix, the last one, i will see any improvement?

Thank you