CPLIB :: General - Invalid Parameter with Cat 8.7

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by Nitrius, Jul 23, 2008.

1. Nitrius

Nitrius Member Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX 580
    CPLIB :: General - Invalid Parameter with Cat 8.7/8.8

Whenever i open WMP i get a lot of errors in my event viewer, they seem to pop up every 2 second when WMP is open.

The error says:
    "CPLIB :: General - Invalid Parameter"
    Event ID: 52236 - Source: atikmdag

This is happening with Cat 8.7, did not happen with Cat 8.6. There seems to be no problem with my system though, the only thing is that the error is showing in the event viewer, it doesn't seem to make any sort of trouble beside that.

Anyone know what this may be?

Last edited: Aug 21, 2008
  2. HaZe303

HaZe303 Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2070 Super
    Could be something with aero? I never use WMP, use MPC and GOM, much better.

3. virtualex

virtualex Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire HD4870-800/4400
    i've had the same issue.
    uninstall catalyst, boot into safe mode, run guru3d's driver cleaner, install catalyst.
    hope this helps, worked for me.

4. Nitrius

Nitrius Member Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX 580
    I'll give that a try, though that's just what i did when i upgraded. Used Cat 8.6, and when Cat 8.7 came, i uninstalled, booted to safe mode, ran driver sweeper, rebooted and installed. Or do you mean install the driver in safe mode?

Edit: Tried a reinstall of the driver, but the same thing is happening. Did uninstall, reboot into safe mode, ran driver sweeper, rebooted, installed cat 8.7 again.

Last edited: Jul 23, 2008

5. Nitrius

Nitrius Member Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX 580
    No one knows? After some more testing, the errors seems to be related to the avivo feature/codec as well, but am not 100% sure though.

6. Nitrius

Nitrius Member Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX 580
    Error still exist with Cat 8.8. Anyone got a clue about what this can be? And Cat 8.6 does still not have this error.

Edit: This error also pops up when i open CCC and selected the "Avivo Video" part.

Edit2: Only installing the driver and nothing else, still gives me the error. So there has clearly been some changes since 8.6 that my event viewer don't like.

Last edited: Aug 21, 2008
  7. Nitrius

Nitrius Member Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX 580
    Tried with a clean install of vista, but the error is still there. So i must be some sort of driver problem. Isn't there anyone here that could try to install 8.7/8.8 and open either WMP or "Avivo Video" under the CCC panel, and check the event viewer afterward to see if you get the error as well?

8. Lumpoid

Lumpoid Guest

Yes I'm getting the same error in event viewer with my HD4850 and Catalyst 8.8 on Vista x64. I guess it's a driver problem.

9. berni2k

berni2k Member

GPU:
    X1800XT 256 + HD4850 512
    same error here with 8.12, vista and 4850 while surfing the web