When new Vista 64 Driver will arrive ?? i cant stand all those problems

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by X7007, Jan 25, 2009.

1. Symbiosis

Symbiosis Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 690

What OS are you using? I am on Vista 64 and have no issues with 8.12, both GPU's work on crossfire supported games....If you call 70-80 FPS average on Far Cry2 with DX10 and 4xAA slow then your mad, Sykozis is right when alot of issue's can be user error...dodgy software, unclean installs etc can cause all sorts of conflicts with any driver (not just ATI).

2. Ghosty

Ghosty Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3050
    I think its mainly down to how fast games are released on the PC these days. The attitude then then is to deal with the bugs and such in later updates. Many graphical issues exist because of this. Many take months or even never to fix.

3. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    Very true. Games are being released faster than driver teams can adapt to. But, as new games are released, people immediately jump to blame the drivers for problems. In most cases, it's because software dev teams go outside of guidelines when developing a game...or, in the case of some nV financed releases...they are tested with a narrow scope of hardware. Blizzard is attempting to support the broadest range of hardware of any app on the market. It's hard to support the GeforceFX series and Radeon 9 series...while trying to support the GeForce GTX and Radeon HD4xxx series card...as well as everything in between without some graphical issues being created. It's hard enough to provide successful support to the entire range of DX9 cards, without adding the Dx10 cards to the mix. The DX10 cards handle some DX9 instructions slightly differently than the DX9 cards do....thus, graphical issues.

4. cette

cette Active Member

GPU:
    this is crap - I tought forums were for disscussion, i was quite enjoying reading about the 9.1 driver speculation. Closeing down disscusion, who runs this place.

5. bokah

bokah Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 670GTX 2G
    u was right it was blizz end what produced this, thought i had it all tested but no, my mate with nvidia had it all same, except he came up with /console extshadowquality 0

which fixed it

6. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    The thread was closed because it was getting out of hand. Too much speculation and too much flaming. The people running these forums want calm, intelligent discussions...not flaming.

Blizzard admitted it was a problem on their end, on their own message boards several weeks ago.

7. vbetts

vbetts Don Vincenzo Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti
    This also isn't a democracy.

8. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    lol, nope....it's not. The intent is to keep arguments and flaming at bay, while permitting intelligent discussions and disagreements. Is there really a problem with trying to keep these forums civil??

9. rodz37

rodz37 Banned

GPU:
    Sapphire 4870x2
    Yes there is a problem, the problem of trust now.
    You close a thread because it’s popular and people have what’s known as a heated discussion. You don’t agree with what’s being said, so how do we know a thread will be closed and wont be deleted because the moderator has seen a posting that they or the site or even a company feels is not in their favour.
    For example reporting a serious issue or finding with a driver that wanted to be kept under wraps.

Although you feel your intentions may be justified, but you just evaporated the trust of your users, over something very small.

so we wonder what about the big issue, can guru3d.com be trusted now…is that the case? or is this a Chinese firewalled forum?????????

Last edited: Jan 27, 2009
  10. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    Okay this is the last lame insult I want to stumble into from you, one more and you are out.

This is a free place to visit, if you do not like it .. please find other forums that suit your needs better.

11. KwameJackson

KwameJackson Guest

GPU:
    I don't blame the people for complaining. Some of us spent a good amount of money for products that aren't getting the support that it needs compared to the compe****on. I spent hundreds on my cards. I really wish ATI would let the customers know that they are still here for us. The lack of communication between the customers and them is pretty bad, especially during a period of game and driver troubles. Since all their drivers they release are usually official and not beta I hope they start using an auto update program, so that we know when a hotfix or new driver is available because most of us do not know when a new driver or hotfix is out unless we visit forums like this.

12. randomizer

randomizer Guest

GPU:
    5600 xt Gaming OC
    Isnt WOW on subcription? if so then stop buying it until its fixed:) play other games that have Crossfire support or use the exe. hack to enable both gpus.

13. Drowsiness

Drowsiness Member

GPU:
    evga GTX 285 1GB
    I play WoW and read the forums A LOT. I spend HOURS reading and replying to threads on the tech support forums, general forums and various other forums. I have not ONCE seen Blizzard "admit its their fault." Their usual line is "it has to be something in your system, an addon or your drivers are out of date."

I may be wrong here... but just pointing out that I have never seen them take the blame. They almost never do. And I've been playing since BETA.

14. Labyrinth

Labyrinth Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Tri-X R9 290 4G
    To be honest most companies will just pass the blame on to someone else

15. vbetts

vbetts Don Vincenzo Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti
    Woo. I don't understand why this is such a hard concept for you now. You abide by the rules, it's that simple. If the mods feel that you aren't, or the thread isn't going how it should, it's their call. They're mods for a reason, they didn't get the job by picking random numbers now. If you don't like it, don't post here. It's that simple!:D

16. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    You don't have to visit the forums to find out if new "official" drivers were released. They're usually, very nicely posted on the download page when they're released.

There's a few thousand threads in the blizzard forums. It's easy to miss things like that. I didn't believe it either until someone in another forum posted a link to it. I tried looking for the same thread lastnight, but honestly there's too many threads about very similar problems to go through them all.

Thank you for keeping these forums free. Best forums I've found. You guys do a great job of moderating them.

17. HaZe303

HaZe303 Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2070 Super
    You havent been here long enough and not posted enough time to judge guru3d for anything. Mods do what they think is best to keep it calm and civil, and as hilbert sayd, if you dont like it go somewhere else. You propably wont be missed!?

18. MTM1977

MTM1977 Member

GPU:
    Ati 4870x2 2Gb
    As 8.12 has not delivered what most people wanted, why do some people want them to rush the new drivers out?

I think it is better that they take their time and release drivers that actually improve the performance, instead of just releasing new version because people want it.

Rushing things usually just mess it up, i am sure Ati will release new drivers when they are ready, they are not holding them just to tease us (at least i hope they're not ;) ).

edit:
    i also have Vista 64bit and i can relate to the pain of waiting the new drivers, but that's all we can do. Wait and hope that new drivers are better and solve at least some of the problems 8.12 have.

Last edited: Jan 28, 2009
  19. mR Yellow

mR Yellow Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire R9 Fury
    I agree, but if they gonna take so long why don't they release a BETA at least? 28th and still fokol (which means nothing in Afrikaans)

20. poedoom

poedoom Member Guru

GPU:
    sapphire hd4870
    Lets face it in a years time when ati bring there 10 series drivers out we will get the same old threads, vista will always suck at gaming we blame our drivers and this that and the other lets be honest with ourselves vista sucks, ive got 35 online games but installing anything more than grid ****s me up :)

perefect example 2 days ago i had DD and DTS runnign fine through my asus soundcard but as of last night cya audio hello prologic, i just laugh now and shouting out f###ing vista which has become my fav word