181.22 WHQL Out

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by bhokuto, Jan 22, 2009.

1. mafia_boy

mafia_boy Member Guru

GPU:
    Asus GeForce GTX 970 4gig
    i do like to keep up to date as a rule but have been so let down by nvidia drivers in the past but i think ill give it a go!! gotta go work now so will do it when i get home!! already DL it so ill install it tonight, tnx.

2. Mamesj

Mamesj New Member

GPU:
    8800GTS 512mb
    I love to install new drivers, but I'm stuck at 180.xx until...well, maybe forever if they don't sort this overscan stuff out (which they won't.) Maybe it won't happen when I upgrade to GTX280...or get a new TV.

3. AlbertWesker

AlbertWesker New Member

GPU:
    XFX GTS250 1GB DDR3 OC
    did you tried disable the muticore processing?

4. felimz

felimz Member

GPU:
    EVGA GeForce GTX 580 SC
    GTA IV patch#2 + 181.22 = WIN!

5. Burnt_Ram

Burnt_Ram Guest

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1050 Ti
    sofar for me these seem smoother in games than the beta 181.22? keepers for now i guess ...

6. Dcrawler

Dcrawler Member Guru

GPU:
    Evga 680sli Hydro(s)
    Any reason why a profile would disappear from my control panel? I'm using 181.22 playing gtaIV. My game crashes due to my cursor ending up on my second monitor but when I go back into the control panel to adjust the gtaiv profile, it's gone. Any ideas? Thanks.

Dc

7. Witcher

Witcher Guest

GPU:
    Intel
    These driver working well on my system. Game like Mirror's edge and GTA 4 are running fine and IQ is nice compared to 181.22 Beta. Also, I was facing slow downs in Mirror's edge at some areas and with whql one, problem is gone.

8. nebj00la

nebj00la New Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte X300SE - Temporary
    Am I the only one experiencing screen flickers while using the "Fuzzy Select Tool" in the Gimp, with a GTX295? This started when I replaced my older video card.

nebj00la

9. Hekynn

Hekynn Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 460 1gb MSI HAWK
    hehe I soo agree with ya I am getting like 36fps from my benchmark with everything turned to 30 on the details textures to Medium and rendering to High at 1680x1050 :D

10. wannabe

wannabe Member

GPU:
    9600 GT
    Yeah,disabling multicore fix it,but with multicore support performance improves A LOT (almost double minimum fps).

So,the 178.24 are the last drivers that dont freeze L4D with multicore option on.

11. thisizbrian

thisizbrian Active Member

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 780 SLI
    having a small issue with these drivers on vista 32 9800gtx+...the hdtv thats connected via hdmi will not cover all the way to the corners of the tv. it is about haf an inch short. it just shows black. should i make a custom resolution or somrthing? this only happens games that do fullscreen and not when i fullscreen winamp or vlc or wmp. any ideas?

this never happened with 185.xx driver or 180.xx

12. AmigaWolf

AmigaWolf Guest

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 1080
    Then meaby Vista X64 is somting for you.

In vista you don't have to disable multicore support.

What i know only XP have that problem.

I have play,d Left 4 Dead and have no problem, i have Windows Vista X64 Ultimate.

Last edited: Feb 2, 2009
  13. g60force

g60force Guest

GPU:
    NV 1660Ti + 5850
    I don't know how but for almost 2yrs I;m running Asus EN8800GT @ stock 600/900
    now 720/950 and still not warmer than 70-75C on stock cooler 100%fan and extra mod that sucks the air away from the card and out of the casing... this driver is stable a hell!

14. AmigaWolf

AmigaWolf Guest

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 1080

I had to set my Geforce 8800GT's (SLI) back to clock speeds.

I had the blue screen of dead when i play,t Crysis: Warhead.

And when i flash,t my Geforce 8800GT's, back from 660 1650 950 to
    600 1500 900 i had no more problems any more.

I had dose clocks for 6 mounds.

15. Captain Mazda

Captain Mazda Active Member

GPU:
    EVGA GTX580

16. AmigaWolf

AmigaWolf Guest

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 1080
    Now i have set My 2x Geforce 8800GT to GPU: 680 Shaders: 1700 Mem: 900, and it works like a charm.

17. Captain Mazda

Captain Mazda Active Member

GPU:
    EVGA GTX580
    Well disregard that Left 4 Dead comment, it's actually freezing up with the sound loop more than it was with the WHQL 181.20. This is an issue with the engine and Valve has acknowledged it. The only way to fix it is to disable multicore rendering in-game, but that causes some twitchy frames.

18. Gator Allen

Gator Allen Guest

Installed these and all I can say is their not very good in SLI, disable SLI and all is well, started having sound issues in SLI with GTR2 and GTL, 178.24's didn't have that issue, but I'll keep these for now.