eVGA volt mod utility

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by EddieG, Jan 23, 2009.

1. Unwinder

Unwinder Ancient Guru Staff Member

You've to deal with users yourself to understand that there are a lot of people thinking that you OWE them support if they tried to use your freeware software. You cannot change them, you cannot force them to read and acccept warnings, you cannot explain them that it is not your duty to explain them how to fix THEIR OWN ERRORS. You cannot prevent them from bothering you via ICQ 24/7 with "Hey, I downloaded your crap, it is so hard to help me, egoistic bastart?!", you cannot explain them that there are A LOT of the same users with the same attitude and it is beyond the reality. That's a reality you're not seeing and probably will never see. So let's stop please, these discussions about features like voltage control in RT continue for many years and my position will not change, sorry. End of story.

I've provided full technical info in xtremesystems forum, you can EASILY create your own tool if you're ready to take this responsibility. Many years ago I've also provided similar info about R3xx memory timings and X1000 voltage control registers in the forums, which resulted in adding this functionality in some compeeting ATI products. It didn't left RT behind.

2. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    MOFO64 -> stop making an ass out of yourself please. It's explained several times now, so stop trying to push buttons you'll never be able to switch.

3. scottyg2

scottyg2 Master Guru

GPU:
    hd4850 cf
    that was rather uncalled for.

As you said, SOME people use after market coolers, but that "some" isn't all. There is a great portion of people who prefer to keep their graphics card stock cooling... and they will also be using this program. Obviously it is this group of people who xslix was referring to.
    As long as there are fail safes built in (temperature mainly) , there shouldn't be a problem, regardless of your cooling... its just that those already running high temps wont see as much of a benefit of the program as those with custom cooling.
    Either way, I can see this being a great tool (and a marketing jackpot) if used and implemented correctly.

4. MOFO64

MOFO64 Banned

GPU:
    9800GTX+ & 8800GT softTH
    Well, what can you say? You decide at the end of the day. Best of luck.

5. cowie

cowie Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX
    i cant understand some of the people with the same feelings as you on this matter.

Its in there already go get it.
    hes done more spoonfeeding to kids then mother teressa.

he does not support it openly, but he still helps those who help themselves publicly.

i mean really o/c anything (cept' for some vga's)voids the warrenty,thats the risks.remember you seek riva it does not seek you:)

in short if more people that dl Riva had half a clue it might a better app for them.:wanker:

6. MOFO64

MOFO64 Banned

GPU:
    9800GTX+ & 8800GT softTH
    yeah and if nvidia hadn't put sliders in their panel, or rivatuner hadn't been created....or if ASUS SUITE wasn't in existence or any other app. If all we had was the bios and they left them as they were 5yrs ago with no memory timings to manipulate then yeah sure....some of us would still be able to OC through other means........but lets face it......how many guys would overclock now had there never been any of those apps which made it VERY EASY to overclock?

8/10ths of this forum wouldn't even be here if it weren't easy to OC. If you had to go into bios editors and edit hex values to manipulate core speeds and mem speeds only a fraction of users would overclock their cards. Keeping things difficult is not always better.

I can edit hex just fine thanks.:wanker::wanker::wanker:

7. MOFO64

MOFO64 Banned

GPU:
    9800GTX+ & 8800GT softTH
    in short, when this tool hits (and other versions) then between EVGA precision and this addition, half of RT's users won't use RT at all :)

Last edited: Jan 26, 2009
  8. cowie

cowie Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX
    well if you can hex edit so well then you know a very simple mistake can leave you ****ed

9. cowie

cowie Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX
    good noobs can go get like a few apps to spead the blame about thier ruined hardware.(ever read the noobs at evga blameing him for crap about the noobish EVGA precision tool?) lol
    then it would be soooooo lonely for the more advanced users that stick to good old riva.

10. MOFO64

MOFO64 Banned

GPU:
    9800GTX+ & 8800GT softTH
    if that's how you see 50% of the users of this forum, then yeah I guess they can. :wanker:

advanced means the hard way does it? you like doing things the hard way do ya? If you haven't learned that finding an easier and more efficeint way of doing things is called advancement....then you most definately ain't advanced pal :bang::wanker:

11. Pill Monster

Pill Monster Banned

GPU:
    7950 Vapor-X 1100/1500
    I can adjust all the memory timings on my 5 year old motherboard through the bios....nF2 Abit AN7 ftr.

Come to think of it I used to have an old Asus board with a 466 Celeron that had adjustable memory timings in the bios.

12. cowie

cowie Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX
    ok ok w/e...dont make the evga volt tool thread the oh man riva should have it this easy thread you sound like a funkin' pussy.

and not for nothing with like 300k regester users at guru no dought half are noobs,and there are some winey bicthes at that.
    on the other hand some of the smartest people on the net visit here also
    like 5% of the market overclocks,and some people that know more about o/c then you think.... but they decide not to for there own reasons.

the way you put it why use any software programe for your card at all why not just bios flash your cards clocks and fan + anying else it "lets you do" .
    no more advance o/c'er i know uses a mb software o/c utility anyway so i fail to see your point.

13. MOFO64

MOFO64 Banned

GPU:
    9800GTX+ & 8800GT softTH
    exactly my point. exactly. thankyou very much. I was beginning to think you were a one of these noobs unwinder mentioned :)

so if it's really easy to "leave yourself fu**ed" as you say via hex, then where's the harm in puting a slider there instead?

14. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    Mofo64 has been given a break from these forums for a couple of days for trolling.

15. cowie

cowie Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX
    oh man i said i was sorry to him in pm for argueing over this

16. Pill Monster

Pill Monster Banned

GPU:
    7950 Vapor-X 1100/1500
    Dude he was trolling from the start..... ;)

His first post was pure, uncut, troll bait - the idiot..

17. cowie

cowie Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX
    well i guess i'm better better cus i'm ussally like this ******* (**&***** &***()*.,when it comes to defending riva as a one stop shop app.

18. AngieM

AngieM Banned

GPU:
    BFG Nvidia 8800GT OC2
    Hi Guys,

I am one of the 'Noobs' previously referred to above.

I would like to say that I agree RT is an excellent tool, but as a noob, I can honestly say that I do think that a slider would help people like me, as it would be easy to control & thus would be harder to do damage, whereas the hex, is more difficult to get my head around & I feel personally that it would be far easier to cook my card this way.

I would also like to say that I don't see what the big deal is with Mofo, the guy was just genuinely enquiring as to why Unwinder wouldnt add the slider, I think its pretty unfair that he has been banned for questioning things which would only help a noob like me. Especially when it is obvious from his first message that he considers Unwinder a genuine Guru & admires him.

I think you guys need to chill out & accept constructive critisism & not take a huff like little kids & ban someone for speaking their mind (which im now probably going to be threatened with too!!!!) We're all supposed to be Grownups & Intelligent people are we not? As such shouldn't get all hot & bothered over a 'Discussion' to which everyone has a different point of view.

19. Pill Monster

Pill Monster Banned

GPU:
    7950 Vapor-X 1100/1500
    I smell a rat.

20. AngieM

AngieM Banned

GPU:
    BFG Nvidia 8800GT OC2
    Tried Rentakill honey pie? :giggle2: