Street Fighter 4 Thread

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by CPC_RedDawn, Jan 25, 2009.

1. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY RTX4090
    I simply can not wait for this game to come out.

Current UK release date 20/02/2009

Here are some picks to wet your appetite.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

All gossip and talk about this game can be said in this thread.

(p.s any one spot the mistake in screen shot 2?)

2. ViperXtreme

ViperXtreme Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070 Dual UV
    like Gouki/Akuma should have a purple aura/fireball? >_>

3. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    im getting this for the ps3 :)

4. inklimited

inklimited Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 6850 900MHz
    Bison is called Vega, which he is called in Japanese Versions. Tomahawk or whatever his name was in SFA, and Balrog also both have different Japanese vers names

5. Countach

Countach Active Member

GPU:
    XFX GeForce 9600GT 512MB
    The PC version won't be released at the same time than the console versions, the release date is still unknown.

6. Gromuhl'Djun

Gromuhl'Djun Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4070ti
    Finally a fighting game for the PC. I think I'm going to get it if the performance is just as good as DMC4, which was a splendid game.

7. Nijohc

Nijohc Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 8GB

Just to add to that to avoid confusion, in SF circles Vega/Bison is known as Dic (dictator), Balrog/M.Bison is known as Boxer and Balrog/Vega is known as Claw. I'm sure you can figure out who I'm referring to by their given tags ;) The only reason they were renamed for the western market was because of the similarity of using M.Bison for Boxer with Mike Tyson which the character was based on. They could get away with it in Japan but didn't want to push their luck over here, hence the name swaps.

I don't even know who Tomahawk is? Unless you're confusing him with T.Hawk from SSF2 who had the same name in all regions. There was "Nash" in the SFA series who was renamed to "Charlie" for over here if that's who you're thinking of? (Guiles buddy)

Console release is slated for 20/02/09 but don't hold your breath for the PC version, Gamestop have it slated for 02/06/09...

Yes, I am a SF addict and the PC is by far the best platform out of ANY to play such games. Thanks to emulation the arcade titles are all perfectly playable, legally or not and thank's to USB we have a wide range of access to professional Joysticks like the Virtua Stick High Grade and HRAP2.

Furthermore with 2DF and GGPO you can play such games online against opponents in a different country without any noticable lag. Result = PC is king when it comes to fighting games :p

8. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070

For me you simply cant beat the arcade. i still find that the best over any port.

what do you think of the new revenge mode btw ?

9. ARMYguy

ARMYguy Guest

GPU:
    Titan V
    I agree, the arcade was the best medium for fighters. I miss the days of Mortal Kombat 1/2/3 Ultimate/4 in the arcade... all the tournaments i won using scorpion when i was just a little kid, the older guys i destroyed always wanted to finish me in real life, but never happened lol

10. Nijohc

Nijohc Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 8GB
    For sure, but for many of us the arcades of the 90's no longer exist and owning the arcades just isn't viable due to space or money. I've got JAMMA boards of World Warrior, Champion Edition, Turbo, Super Turbo & X-men Vs Street Fighter which I can connect to a Supergun to play. I rarely play on them though and just fire up an emulator instead. They're not 'ports' and when setup right are indistinguishable from the arcade (minus the cabinet and cig burns on the control panel of course :p)

Personally I like it, if the Super meter is Yang then the Ultra/Revenge meter is Ying. :D Because it only fills up when you take damage it gives players who are on the recieving end a way to get back into the game. Although more powerful than the Super Combo I don't think it's too powerful.. for instance the Revenge meter can't carry over rounds and unlike the Super combo it's startup time is pretty slow so you can't combo into it. Could lead to some interesting matches.

11. soul8103

soul8103 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    8600M GT
    I cannot wait for this to hit the shelves. Spent so many hours on 2 turbo, alpha, and other varients it's unreal. When i was younger loved em on the arcades as well. Gonna be brillliant mp. Beers, old mates, and a few xbox's linked up. Woots!!!!

12. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY RTX4090
    Most websites have it as the 20/2/2009

13. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY RTX4090
    According to some websites CAPCOM have had to cap the PC version to 60fps because rumour has it that we PC gamers can play against console players. And in order to make the game fair they have had to cap the fps... but we all know that we should be able to uncap it ;P

14. F1refly

F1refly Ancient Guru

GPU:
    970GTX-oc edition
    i might be wrong, but T hawk is from another fighting game where his name was tomahawk, they ported his character over. i cant think of what that game was called though, it'll come to me in the middle of the night lol...but again i may be wrong.

15. Nijohc

Nijohc Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 8GB
    Most websites are wrong, they just have that listed because they don't know any different. Hey, I hope it is but I doubt it, expect a June release for PC.

If it were possible to uncap the Framerate it could absolutely break the game and would likely give you no advantage over console gamers, it would just be borked. Remember Street Fighter is originally a frame based game with move times measured in 'frames' and the online algorithm is tied to that. If one is playing at 120fps and the other at 60fps that isn't going to work and in theory one would be running at 2x the game speed.

16. Nijohc

Nijohc Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 8GB

Mmmm, possible I guess but the T in T.Hawks name stands for Thunder. He does have a special move called the Tomahawk buster though. :p He was originally to be called "Geronimoo" but they changed it for whatever reason.
    Edit : They changed it because it sounded racist. Figures I guess. lol

17. Gromuhl'Djun

Gromuhl'Djun Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4070ti
    Maybe there will be an option to cap the fps @60, as in DMC4?

18. Nijohc

Nijohc Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 8GB
    I am sure it will be capped at 60fps anyway because of the way the Street Fighter games work, it's not like Quake and frame rates over 60 would net no benefit whatsoever.

Damn I'm posting too much in this thread :D

19. Aznargo

Aznargo Active Member

GPU:
    Fatal1ty XFX 8600 GT 1GB
    Personally, I wanted to see the classic Sprite based Street Fighter.

However, it does look like a big improvement. Can't wait for this game :D.

20. F1refly

F1refly Ancient Guru

GPU:
    970GTX-oc edition
    Power Instinct is what i was thinkn of, isnt that indian named tomahawk? anyway guess it doesnt matter.