Motherboard frustration.....

Discussion in 'Processors and motherboards Intel' started by DEVIL29, Jan 22, 2009.

1. DEVIL29

DEVIL29 Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX Nvidia GTX 280
    Hi folks,i just built myself a rig using an Asus p5nt ws mobo and a q6600.i'm well impressed with it,but when i go into the bios to give the proc a bit of o/c it just reverts to the stock speed of 2.4 gig when i boot back up.i've tried using the ai overclock function and the manual route of upping the fsb etc,but no joy :bang: can anyone help? i been on the asus forums but no-one seems to have had my problem........

2. DSK

DSK Banned

GPU:
    HD5770/BenQ G2220HD
    At the right side of the bios screen there shold be like ASUS overclocking profiles you can save onto

after you have done that load it then restart if you've aready been doing that then im not sure.

3. DEVIL29

DEVIL29 Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX Nvidia GTX 280
    tried that mate but no joy :(

4. DSK

DSK Banned

GPU:
    HD5770/BenQ G2220HD

5. morbias

morbias Don TazeMeBro

GPU:
    -
    Yeah, I'd try that too. If your bios is older than 0702 then the board won't have the necessary microcode for your CPU.

6. DEVIL29

DEVIL29 Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX Nvidia GTX 280
    flashed the bios with latest one guys,but still no go.i tried reseting the cmos with the jumper switch but that did nothing either.strange thing is though,when you do that,isn't it supposed to reset your time settings and everything and not just your bios preferences to default? because it didn't.the manual says to put cap over pins 2&3 to clear and switch back on to set factory defaults,but surely you need to place the cap back over 1&2 before booting back up again? don't want to try and boot up with 2&3 capped for fear of breaking something,but thats how it reads in the manual......:3eyes:

7. DSK

DSK Banned

GPU:
    HD5770/BenQ G2220HD
    damn try taking out the battery and let it sit for 10 or 20 mins the put it back in and try.

8. DEVIL29

DEVIL29 Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX Nvidia GTX 280
    okay thanks kylzer,i'll try that tommorow.too tired at the mo.going to bed lol.damn it i want to see what this puppy can do.....

9. DEVIL29

DEVIL29 Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX Nvidia GTX 280
    Success!! Thanks Kylzer-removing the battery did the trick.woohoo! i'm now running at a comfortable 2.8 without upping any voltages.i know this is quite a mild overclock by q6600 standards,but i can tell a difference playing games and i don't really want to push it further just yet lol.:nerd:

10. DSK

DSK Banned

GPU:
    HD5770/BenQ G2220HD
    Good to hear :)