F.E.A.R. 2 demo!

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Shadowsoldier, Jan 19, 2009.

1. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    r those the illustration of teh DEV team? i guess so..and i didnt like the way character hold the weapon. damn it looks huge. i wonder if the DEV ever played BLACK on xbox or ps2 :(

2. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    i love it. im gonna replay this at night though lol :) the demo is way too short imo :)
    gonna post some screens in screenshot section now

3. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    and as i see there is health bar and health packages .damn man. when they will leave it behind. future is cod style : screen turns red if u take enough dames and u die, or u will auto heal by time..DAMN DAMN DAMN! i hate to chase for medpacks!

4. Dmented

Dmented Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS GTX 1080 ROG Strix
    Anyone know if this works good on Win7?

5. Pill Monster

Pill Monster Banned

GPU:
    7950 Vapor-X 1100/1500
    How long is the demo? I still have another hour to wait.

d/loading @ 350k from fileplanet atm

6. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    its really short :( about 30 mins lol if not shorter. i lost track of time a bit lol
    but you are gonna like it , im sure.
    the gamershell servers gave me 2.1mb/s btw :)

7. x-speed69

x-speed69 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080 Ti Lightning
    just started playing the demo and it gives good impressions, looks great, performance is excellent and it finally continues the story \o/

can be damn scary too!

Last edited: Jan 22, 2009
  8. Bravo

Bravo Master Guru

GPU:
    eVGA Geforce 9600GT 512MB
    It works on Win7 32bit. But the load times are a bit long...How are the load times in XP/Vista?

This game is going to be awesome. The demo is like an amazing action/horror movie. And the graphics are fantastic, very cinematic. Its really really scare! I think with the feel of the action and the guns, the multiplayer is going to be amazing. A definite buy for me.

9. Burnt_Ram

Burnt_Ram Guest

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1050 Ti
    from what im hearing it sounds possitive. not a big horror shooter fan, but i still have to give it a try ;)

10. horse

horse Maha Guru

GPU:
    PowerColour HD4870
    yeah same here, short but pretty fun.

good:
    - graphics: runs smooth and looks good
    - genuinely made me jump (pretty cheap tactic by the game but it works haha - reminds me of Condemned)
    - some good creepy moments
    - grenades and sniping is great fun

not sure:
    - mech section was OK but breaks the immersion of being creeped out and fighting strong AI enemies in an awesome destroyed city when you are suddenly mowing everyone down in a massive tank; some will like it others wont. Personally I'd like to see the cool car chases that were meant to be in the original FEAR.

- new visual style doesn't feel so much like FEAR at first, but this seems to turn out to be a good thing - feels like a proper sequel

annoying:

- the HALO style HUD looks ridiculous, would be much better without that - I mean who had that lame idea? Mods will fix that I guess; PDA isn't too great either

definitely tempted me to pre-order the game - guess what game publishers? demos work! release more.

edit: if anyone is having trouble getting a good server to download from, fileshack was great for me.

11. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY RTX4090
    WOW there is very high demand for this game. Im downloading from gameshadow and only getting around 100kb/s out of a total 1.2MB/s connection....

I dont care though I seriously want to play this game.

How does it play on ATI cards? Any problems with Crossfire!???????

12. PuddingWagon

PuddingWagon Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 670
    Just downloaded the demo and I'm disappointed. The few major things were (in rough order of importance):
    • The entire demo was in 16:9 even though I had a 4:3 res selected... I don't mind the black bars for scenes of importance, but the whole thing?!?
    • A large hud which served no importance, and was made worse by the forced 16:9. Deus Ex 2 anyone? <shudders>
    • I didn't see any of the awesome parallax mapping from the first fear, such as from bullet shots on walls. All settings were on max afaik.
    • I can't remember if the first fear did this, but the obviously highlighted enemies when in slow-mo were horrible. On easy/medium I wouldn't mind, but not on hard.
    It does look quite acceptable (I wouldn't call it great) and I didn't notice any slowdowns (4xAA, max all), maybe I'll like it more tomorrow. I think I'll go back to fear 1 for now though.

Mirror 1
    Mirror 2
    Both Australian servers.

13. horse

horse Maha Guru

GPU:
    PowerColour HD4870
    I got it from fileshack, got about 700 kb/s, pretty awesome.

I can't speak for crossfire, but I put everything on maximum @ 1680x1050 res on my single card with 2xAA 4xAF, vysnc off, and action was smooth for the whole demo - few random loading pauses but I'm not sure about the cause of that. Everything looks great.

Good points - the large HUD is just a terrible design decision, honestly its not only pointless but breaks the immersion - less is more here! Why spend all that time developing the environment to put that HUD on? Can't find an option to disable it, let me know if you find one haha.

Yeah I had the black bar situation as well, but I didn't notice the highlighted enemies so much.

14. NiukNiuk

NiukNiuk Guest

GPU:
    MSI R6950 twin frozr II
    I had some "freezes" for about 1-2sec, they appeared mainly right before a "script"...I don't know what causes this bug :(
    I have the latest drivers/updates for my system, but I suspect my audio card :(
    Oh and don't forget that this demo may be like the original Fear demo: some parts of levels stick together just to give a taste of weapons/places...

I liked the small details like the creepy child drawings, their "stories" written on some walls, and the television programs à la max payne :)

15. KillaMachine

KillaMachine Active Member

GPU:
    EVGA 9800 GTX plus
    Its even out on public torrents downloadin from there at good speeeds

16. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY RTX4090
    Try defragging your HDD. It helped me out wonders when I installed GoW and COD4 which are very heavily scripted games. Its basically you PC trying to load the correct file to execute the script in the game. Defraggin your HDD may help your HDD find the files faster. It helps solve it for me.

17. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY RTX4090
    Yeah I was downloading from Gameshadow but then I remembered about fileshack. Downloading now at a strady 750KB/s :D

18. TheHunter

TheHunter Banned

GPU:
    MSi N570GTX TFIII [OC|PE]
    ^ yea me to dl from Fileshack 40min to go, lol i wish they had a 1mb/s cap :)

19. x-speed69

x-speed69 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080 Ti Lightning
    yea i got those freezes too about 5 times but luckily they occur like when i was about to open a door or something so it didn't really bother me.

plays great on ati and cf works.

20. Jonny Manc

Jonny Manc Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KFA 3080 LHR
    This is a defo purchase for me!!

Some of the original FEAR creepiness is back, new big guns + vehicle(s) and it plays really really well.

Only bad point: Inability to use my mouse 'thumb' buttons :mad: