ATT beta version (UNICODE support)

Discussion in 'ATI Tray Tools Public Beta Section' started by Ray Adams, Oct 2, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ray Adams

Ray Adams Guest

GPU:
    ATI HD6950
    I have already tested 100 times and found no problems with overlay in my system. May be you have some kind of codecs/filters and its prevent overlay from operation in good mood? :)

2. nosamaj

nosamaj New Member

GPU:
    HD4870 512MB
    I am having a lot of problems getting this installed on Windows 7 Beta 1 x64. The only way i can get the program to run is by using the loader myself. It does not work automatically for me, and thus i cannot load at statup using the normal setting. Still the great program i remember from my x1900 owning days tho :)

3. Pufcio

Pufcio Member

GPU:
    X4850 + Accelero S1 rev.2
    (No offence Ray :) ) My teacher, when we were writing some app in c++ said something like: "the point is to make the app work on all pc's, not only yours" (that was about not including the dll's in the compiled app directory and using some weird non-standard routines during the coding)
    Anyway - I hope you'll get what I mean :)

As for the codecs/filters - tested:
    a)xvid (1.1, 1.2)
    b)divx (5/6/7)
    c)ffdshow
    d)some ****ty codec-pack

I've installed them separately, no use. The one and only thing that makes the color controls work is the "magical trick" of mine.
    And - what's weird to me - if I don't make that trick, then even changing brightness in codec window (where deringering/deblocking options are) doesn't change brightness. Plus - in ffsdhow the overlay controls are grayed out completely.

4. krakjen

krakjen Guest

GPU:
    Radeon R9 290 Tri-X
    I haven't tested 7, but can't you just put the loader in the startup folder?

5. Ray Adams

Ray Adams Guest

GPU:
    ATI HD6950
    2 Pufcio - try to remove ffdshow

Have no idea about it. Is it so important for you? :)

6. Pufcio

Pufcio Member

GPU:
    Already did it - I've reverted to xvid.

7. Ray Adams

Ray Adams Guest

GPU:
    ATI HD6950
    Can not help. Really. If this is problem of player and ATT's injection routine just put all .exe files from playes into Exception list (in Autooverclokcing window).
    I can fix bug if I can reproduce this bug on my computer.

8. Pufcio

Pufcio Member

GPU:
    Ok, I'll try that after next system restart, and I'll post results.

9. AXS

AXS Master Guru

GPU:
    ATi HD 4800
    But I don't have any codec installed, KMPlayers has all the codecs/filters integrated. Works even as a portable application, doesn't add nothing to windows. WMP has the basic codecs that come with Vista, I used it for Video streaming and it goes black because of overlay. I tried to disabled once by ATT Advanced Tweaks -> Compatibility Tweaks but has no effect. Sometimes after rendering the video files with other mode, it simply starts working again. I agree it's an ATi problem, not ATT - but can't fix it with ATT like it has no support, only with Crappy Control Center, but that gives a performance hit, basically the main reason I use ATT. I only install Driver + ATT, or even by just using only the Driver you get better performance then with CCC.

10. Pufcio

Pufcio Member

GPU:
    I've checked whether adding the app to the list in att does make a difference, and sadly - it doesn't...

11. Bruford

Bruford Member

GPU:
    Ati 4850
    This sounds a bit like same problem i had with both vista (sp1-sp2) and win 7, i got a black screen playing videos using att any version and wmp as i already described earlier on this forum! I tried everything with no luck, so i gave Att up by now for riva tuner and all problems went away! But As soon i reinstall att they come back again! It's such a pity! The system is clean and has been reformatted several times and has no extra codecs. by the way! All is ok on XP, no problems at all with movies!

12. Ray Adams

Ray Adams Guest

GPU:
    ATI HD6950
    I don't know guyz whats wrong with your systems. As I said I has no problems with overlay under Vista. Already checked it. But I prefer not to use Overlay for video because its change Aero to basic scheme while playing video.

13. AXS

AXS Master Guru

GPU:
    ATi HD 4800
    I don't use AERO, even UAC is disabled.

====

Uninstalled ATT and the problem is gone (thanks Bruford). Guess it wasn't a CCC thing, cause basically when I tried CCC I uninstalled ATT. Guess using "ONLY the Driver" is all that is left. I definitely won't get back to the slower performance of CCC and without ATT I have no problem. At least I know the cause, hope it gets fixed, by accident if not by knowledge. :idea:

Last edited: Jan 22, 2009
  14. rcybergeek

rcybergeek New Member

GPU:
    HIS Radeon 4850 512
    Hello,

I am new to the forum, and just downloaded the latest beta so I can have support for my new 4850.
    Unfortunately, when I installed it, I can no longer select the Intel CoreTemp plugin for OSD like I could with the previous release version.
    Was Intel CoreTemp removed?

15. ninja750

ninja750 Master Guru

GPU:
    RX 6800 REF
    hi Ray

is it possible for you to add in the OSD of ATT the current setting of anti aliasing and anisotropic in use at the moment? it would be very usefoul

16. Bruford

Bruford Member

GPU:
    Ati 4850
    Well i reinstalled att and finally found a way to have no more black screen with wmv files using wmp at least in my own case. I realized the problem is wmp11 too, that is;... when it starts up playing a movie is doing it in minimized mode by default, so those kind of movie files show black screens. Further, maybe There is now a different way the player fits a video and viceversa,( i have not yet investigated with wmp10).... So If you maximize the player the video suddenly appears now. Then i went to winmplayer options\View\video dimensions and set " fit player to video on start-up and all problems are gone (not such a problem actually, maybe just a stupid stupid thing or bug who knows?) At last ..All was about the way the player and videos fit on starting up. ..The strange is that media player11 at default setting and att installed give me problems, if i uninstall att they disappears as said before! Anyway i prefer having att on doing that trick

Last edited: Jan 24, 2009
  17. Ray Adams

Ray Adams Guest

GPU:
    ATI HD6950
    There are no ways to detect current AA or AF used in game. Or I don't know them :)

18. Ray Adams

Ray Adams Guest

GPU:
    ATI HD6950
    How you can use Overlay in WMP11? WMP use Direct3D for video rendering

19. Bruford

Bruford Member

GPU:
    Ati 4850
    That's right,.. and in wmp options we can even turn on and off directx acceleration for wmv files. Anyway my issue with video (solved) was just different a lot from the one other users experienced,.. if i'm not wrong they were talkin about overlay, and that was not my kind of problem, in other words mine was actually a different matter regarding video, but nothing to do with overlay

Last edited: Jan 24, 2009
  20. Ray Adams

Ray Adams Guest

GPU:
    ATI HD6950
    So this wan not issue with Overlay, just with video play back. ATT has options to work with Overlay but in last release it doesn't work and I'm working on updates. Anyway Overlay is not used by 80% of video players.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.