PC vs Killzone 2 (graphics)

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by eduardmc, Jan 21, 2009.

1. eduardmc

eduardmc Maha Guru

GPU:
    Gtx 580 SLI 900/1800/4200
    i have been a long time pc gamer and do know that ps3 has an nvidia 7800 (or something close to it) BUT i have NEVER SEEN GRAPHICS LIKE KILLZONE 2. Everything in this link is running in realtime and even if is cinema, this is to close to real CG animation with facial expression, amazing lighting and detail texture. i wish this game would come out for pc.

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/44579.html?type=wmv

(english is not my native language is u do find any mistake in my writings)

2. smull

smull Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 5770 1GB
    Looks alright. And where does it say this is using the game engine? It's probably console fanbois getting all excited over CG again :stewpid:

Last edited: Jan 21, 2009
  3. PHJF

PHJF Guest

GPU:
    ASUS GTX 970
    Dude... it's a cutscene...

And I'd be more concerned with the fact that all the Killzone 2 gameplay trailers depict the most utterly generic shooter experience imaginable.

4. DSK

DSK Banned

GPU:
    HD5770/BenQ G2220HD
    crysis bammm down goes killzone.

5. Denial

Denial Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080
    Not only that, but the texture quality is absolutely terrible.

6. Wanny

Wanny Guest

As much as I am a PS3 fanboy, I have to say that it is pre-rendered, and confirmed by someone who got the game on disk and saw the cutscene.

Unfortunately :(

7. lmimmfn

lmimmfn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4070Ti
    no console can beat Crysis for image quality in an open/interactive environment. Never gonna happen with the current consoles, in fact its impossible, they havnt got the memory for the textures nevermind the grunt to render such high poly count environments.

Crysis is doing on average 1.2 million polygons per frame and thats with high res textures, my rig gets through 42 million polygons per second with physix @ 1680x1050 with 2xAA on high settings( at the start on the island ). Im not a huge fan of Crysis, Warhead was pretty cool and i own a PS3 but nope not a chance in hell......ever!!!!!!!

8. Adam^

Adam^ Member

GPU:
    Asus 4850
    Killzone 2 does look good, its might not be as good as pc graphics, but a ps3 costs far less than a decent gaming pc. I use both, and I am looking forward to Killzone 2.

9. lmimmfn

lmimmfn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4070Ti
    decent PC with e.g. 8800gt or 4850+decent core 2 + P45 mobo + 2 gigs decent DDR2 + harddrive = 600 euros. Here in ireland PS3 costs 400 euro, thats 200euro difference( -20 euro again for a HDMI cable ), however PC games cost 40euro, PS3 games cost 70 euro, thats 30 euro difference and would only take 9-10 games before PC cost=that of PS3 and a pc can do a lot more.

I never get te argument on PC vs consoles on cost:
    There different business models, the manufacturers sell the consoles below cost of production and earn on the licensing of games for their platform = long term PC and consoles work out the same

10. DSK

DSK Banned

GPU:
    HD5770/BenQ G2220HD
    Playstation 4 will be using cryengine2 so i'v heard.

11. UnclePappi

UnclePappi Banned

GPU:
    Asus 680 2gb 1250mhz
    A more fair comparison would be the price of a PS3 vs. a graphics card because damn near everyone has a PC now. Most people just need to slap a GFX card in their PC and would **** all over the PS3.

12. smull

smull Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 5770 1GB
    ^ Pretty much. Pre-built pcs come with decent enough CPU's and memoery, but usually come with a ****ty GPU, so that's all you really need.

13. Adam^

Adam^ Member

GPU:
    Asus 4850
    70 Euros you are getting ripped off mate. Most of my PS3 games cost be around £30. PC's are obviously more powerful, but consoles bring gaming to the masses. Some of you seem to have a grudge against a ps3 game that looks good graphically and from the previews/reviews I've read sounds very good fun to play.

14. DSK

DSK Banned

GPU:
    HD5770/BenQ G2220HD
    Well i am put off by some of the prices like COD4 was £45 for ps3 when it came out but it was only £28 for pc.

but ps3 or any console for gaming well its not my cup of tea anymore so i can't realy say how good it is without being biased.

Last edited: Jan 22, 2009
  15. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    Ok... Use consoles for what they're suited best people. Now that I've upgraded, I game mostly on PC, but I still have my PS3 for bluray and exclusives. I can't play MGS4 or LBP or GT5 on PC. I would not buy COD4 for PS3 because it simply runs better, looks better, sounds better and plays better on my PC. It's also cheaper. I'll be getting Killzone 2 for PS3 because it's an exclusive. I don't really like shooters on consoles, but all my mates are getting it for PS3 and so will I. We'll go to the midnight launch and get the game then go home and play the game. It should be good. Why do we have to compare things to Crysis every time? (it has crap ugly interiors anyway).

There's nothing wrong with having a PC and a PS3 and getting the games that suit each platform the most for that platform. Best of both worlds.

16. Psytek

Psytek Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x 260 GTX 216 SLI
    If you sit as close to your TV as you do when you play PC games, you can see the massive difference in quality.

17. F1refly

F1refly Ancient Guru

GPU:
    970GTX-oc edition
    Oh....dear god........not again.
    cant someone make all this STOPPP!!!!:massacre:

whats funny though, if you read some other forums where most members game on console only, you hear the same bias in favor of of this game and others like MSG4, but forums like this, most being pc gamers say...now way!
    its pretty funny actually as it is pointless.

18. Wanny

Wanny Guest

I swear.. can the Playstation 3 can atleast have it's game to be proud of? There's always this constant bashing/hating over anything related to Sony/PS3. Look people, we have a bomb, a game that looks just amazing even for today's PC games. Nothing can be compaired to it on any consoles ever.

Please, just accept it, ONCE in your life. I never cried or bashed anything because Gears of war 2 or Crysis wasn't on my console of choice, the PS3. I just smell pure jealousy.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 22, 2009
  19. smull

smull Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 5770 1GB
    What i want to know is why are you pimping console games in the PC gaming forum? Of course you'll get no love :p

20. Adam^

Adam^ Member

GPU:
    Asus 4850
    Yea but you play on a tv, so why would you sit so close ? I played my ps3 on my pc monitor, it was a lower res than native but the games still look good.