Dynamic OC RT 2.22

Discussion in 'Rivatuner Statistics Server (RTSS) Forum' started by basserdan, Jan 10, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. basserdan

basserdan New Member

GPU:
    4870x2
    I can't seem to find the way to oc my 4870x2 for 3d apps only(returns to normal clocks in 2d apps). In past RT versions I know you could simply select "performance 3d" from a dropdown(top right corner) on the oc page. I've read all of the guides my Google search could find but, it seems this aspect is newer than any guides cover. I want to continue using RT because I finally figured out how to shut down my system on a temp. threshold event. If it's in the documentation, I can't find it. :bang:

Teach Me Please, that I might not wallow endlessly in my ignorance!

2. burebista

burebista Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX1060GAMING X
    Maybe you can take a look here (is for my nVidia but I guess that it work on your ATI too). It's simple. :)

3. basserdan

basserdan New Member

GPU:
    4870x2
    Thanks, that was helpful. I'm gonna hang on to this link since I haven't checked the card's oc limits, I don't know yet what timings to use. Thanks again!

4. ramon zarat

ramon zarat New Member

GPU:
    HD3000 1.8Ghz
    Actually, this is not helpful at all. Why? AUTOMATIC detection and overclocking of 3D apps and games and AUTOMATICALLY back to 2D clock have been around and working flawlessly for YEARS. It's actually the main reason why I use RT. Now I have to script it by hand, in 2009??? Absurd is the word that come to my mind. Don't get me wrong, I fully appreciate the efforts and the benefit of a FREE software, but that's beside the point.

I'm 38 years old and was born with a computer in my hands. I saw it all in the last 25 years so I know my ways around a PC. I have read the RT V2.21 change note. This caught my attention:

''Allow separate 2D/3D clock frequency adjustment' option is no longer provided when enabling driver-level hardware overclocking. The option is now hidden to reduce the amount of false bugreports posted by the beginners trying to disable 2D/3D clock frequency then claiming that the hardware stays at extremely low boot clocks. Power users can still control this option via AllowMaxPerf registry entry''

The problem? There is no ''AllowMaxPerf'' key in the registry that Regedit could find and there is no such option in the power user built-in registry editorr in RT. I tried V2.22 and V2.21 with the full un-install, reboot, re-install.

My machine is far from ''cutting edge'' and should be easily supported. As a matter of fact, before I upgraded to Forceware 181.20 two days ago, I used forceware 93.71 with RT 20RC162 and it worked like a charm for may years.

I just un-installed RT 20RC162, un-installed forceware 93.71, rebooted in safe mode and ran ''Driver cleaner 3'' to get rid of the last 93.71 garbage, rebooted, installed forceware 181.20, rebooted and then installed RT 2.22. The usual and only proper procedure to do a clean job, nothing more, nothing less.

That won't change a thing, but let's follow the drill with my system spec:

Nforce2 chipset with 5.10 drivers
    Athlon XP @ 2.6Ghz
    Geforce 6800 GS AGP with forceware 181.20
    Windows XP SP3 and up-to-date patch
    NO other overclocking tool installed

QUESTION:

Is there anyone here that can give me a clear and simple 1-2-3 steps to enable AUTOMATIC overclocking with RT 2.22 or should I settle for the less than ideal solution of going with the obsolete RT V2.20 to achieve my goal?

Best regards,

Ramon

Last edited: Jan 16, 2009

5. Unwinder

Unwinder Ancient Guru Staff Member

The only absurd is when users commenting the things, which they don't underrstand at all.
    Sorry, but yout undersatnding is JUST PLAIN WRONG. RT provided and STILL provide automatic 2D/3D clock control for display adapters supporting 2D/3D clock switching at DISPLAY DRIVER LEVEL. Nothing changed in this area and nothing will change. The link provided by burebista gives POWER USERS an ability to program THEIR OWN 2D/3D clock control rules, if it is not supported by driver or if they are not satifsfied with the driver's 2D/3D clock switching implementation.

P.S. Dreaming to spend at least ONE weekend WITHOUT defending RT against users, misunderstanding something.

6. Unwinder

I'm sorry but you're COMPLETELY misunderstanding the meaning of this option. This option allowed users to DISABLE 2D/3D clock separation, causing the system to work at ultra-low safe/boot clocks ALL THE TIME. This option is hidden now, so the noobs clicking th buttons blindly WILL NOT BE ABLE to DISABLE 2D/3D clocking then come here with claims that RT slowed down their systems. You DON'T NEED to use this option.

7. ramon zarat

ramon zarat New Member

GPU:
    HD3000 1.8Ghz
    You are not helping at all here. My request is genuine and fair. Why putting more oil on the fire like that? Where is your solution to my problem? How do you explain it worked for years and now it don't with the same set-up and same confing? Why did the release note of 2.21 SPECIFICALLY mention the REMOVAL of separate 2D and 3D clock and some odd trick to get it back?

You have some knowledge that I don't have? Fine with me, that's actually WHY I came here in the first place. Now, do something useful and tell me how to use ''DISPLAY DRIVER LEVEL'' overclocking so I can be on my way out of here and stop bothering you with my stupid questions, will you??

Thanks in advance for your dedicated and professional collaboration,

Ramon

8. Unwinder

Solution is to ask for help POLITELY instead of coming here with insulting comments like "absurd", if YOU don't understand something.
    I've NOT removed anything 2D/3D sepearation related in RT and even if I would wish to to it, I COULD'T because this is driver's feature, not RT's one. And if you're changing MULTIPLE components in the system, you've a good reason to THINK that the changes in the system can be caused by ANY of these components.
    You've migrated to completely new drivers family, and FYI separate 2D/3D clock frequency separation for display adapters having NO separate 2D/3D clocks in VGA BIOS have been removed A FEW YEARS AGO in 8800 era with 16x.xx drivers family.
    You've got your help and the thread is closed. Thanks for giving bad mood on the next weekend. I really hope that I won't see your questions here again.

One more such comment and you'll leave this forum. The most useful thing I could probably do was ignoring your initially ambitious and stupid comments.

Last edited: Jan 16, 2009
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.