UK Police to start hacking home computers

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Palerider, Jan 5, 2009.

1. Year

Year Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 690
    that's not right, besides it's happening in Germany as someone said (and probably will in the USA or somewhere else) so it has nothing to do with the nationality people.

stop labeling people it's wrong, last i heard was that Germans are harsh people.. big lol there.. i've got plenty of German friends and none are, infact they're some of the kindest and funniest.

back to topic, i think things are really going too far, but every day there are hacking attempts and stuff so you never know, maybe this has been already happening for some time only now it's "official". bah

zonealarm will be fast out of business i guess. :D

2. Classic Satch

Classic Satch Banned

GPU:
    2xEVGA GTX 260 216 SC
    I got booted out of the Pub for battling with Guru's resident communist blue5 in incessant arguments but I keep being proven correct.

Isn't it strange that the supposedly most "progressive" governments are the ones that are attempting to impose fascist-style "nanny-states" and restrict personal freedoms?

Just saying..... :)

Last edited: Jan 7, 2009
  3. mcharj11

mcharj11 Banned

GPU:
    BFG GeForce GTX 280 OC
    It's Englands fault in the first place for allowing Scotland and Wales and Northern Ireland to have devolved governments instead of everyone just having the one British government. And don't give me the free prescriptions bull****, i live in the North East of Scotland and i have to pay for my ****ing prescriptions. The English don't get persecuted, everytime the British government wants to impose new taxes, they always test them on Scotland first and **** us about.

Also when it comes to the military Wales, Scotland, Northern Ireland, and the Republic of Ireland per head of population contribute far more than England do.

So just you go and do some research and you will see that Scots have contributed throughout history and modern times a hell of alot to the world and yes more than England has.

I don't dislike England i'm just stating a fact.

4. mcharj11

mcharj11 Banned

GPU:
    BFG GeForce GTX 280 OC

5. allesclar

allesclar Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 1070
    yes per head of the population because there are alot less of them. :p

6. hallryu

hallryu Don Altobello

GPU:
    2x HD7970
    This is rather worrying, I have been very worried about a slow but steady encroachment of our civil liberties which has been going on for years. Surveillance of this nature is supposed to be regulated by the Regulation of Investigatory Powers Act (RIPA). Part of this is the human rights considerations i.e the right to a private life.

The surveillance action also has to be proportionate, reasonable and necessary. The worry is that only offences punishable by more than 3 years imprisonment could be targeted by this recent change, so long as it is proportionate. Theft of copyright is now punishable by 10 years imprisonment, so illegal downloading could be targeted. There used to be a definition of 'Serious Arrestable offences' and this sort of action would have been restricted to these sorts of offences (Rape, Murder, Terrorism etc). The Serious and Organised Crime Act has done away with these definitions. Now ALL offences are arrestable in the right circumstances.

Only a small number of such investigations have taken place and I would hope that these are restricted to serious cross border terrorism and serious organised crime. I don't think low level downloading will be targeted. However, if there are sufficient numbers of people doing this then it maybe proportionate to tackle this wide scale theft by targeting individuals and making examples of people!!!!!!

7. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    How do ISP respond ?

i know here they will do just about anything to not give out ip's or client data.

8. Labyrinth

Labyrinth Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Tri-X R9 290 4G
    rofl scotland has contributed nothing i wish scotland would pretty much break off and let them fend for themselves hell you can have gordon brown too and see how far your country gets :bang:

i love how the scottish go all anti-english but when they get it back in the face its all :wanker:

9. DSK

DSK Banned

GPU:
    HD5770/BenQ G2220HD
    Yeh i agree if you say your english (well up here anyways) its like your an alien or something i have seen people getting harassed and ran out of there homes because of it.

10. micketh

micketh Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 3070 8GB
    Why are we arguing between ourselves? If the Scottish and the English put as much effort into stopping this pisstake of government running wild as they do insulting each other then we would probably be a far better nation as a whole.

11. Palerider

Palerider Ancient Guru

GPU:
    HIS X1950XTX
    Such a true statement.We have the same problem over here but have been calling it conservatism vs liberalism.It's easy to get caught up in it too.You become convinced one side is great and one side is evil.That's all fine until you stop holding your side accountable when they screw up.
    We as free citizens have to be aware of the big picture and fight for freedom regardless of which boundaries we have to cross, or those very boundaries will be our undoing.

If things must be this way I'm glad most of the WWII generation have passed on.It would break many many hearts for all they sacrificed to see the world come full circle.

Me thinks Winston Churchill and FDR would be sad.

12. AION

AION Master Guru

GPU:
    Club3D HD3850 OC
    Guys pls, stop the Scott vs Eng bs. It is annoying since most of us are not even close to you guys + it is serious offtopic.

Back to topic:
    This is seriously worrying. Same **** has been going on for a while now and gets more serious every day. Think about it, they read your mail etc. It is like violating our base civil rights. I start to see that we need a serious ****ing revolution.

****ing fascist ****. I really get annoyed by this kind of stuff where authority protects funds of the rich ppl by ripping our civil rights. This all **** is against warez and against "terrorism". Atmo I would say that this kind of governments terror me a lot more than some fanatic ppl in middle-east.

Sorry for crap text.. This just goes too far now.... WAY TOO FAR....

13. DSK

DSK Banned

GPU:
    HD5770/BenQ G2220HD
    Yes all in all back to topic would be nice or i can see this getting closed :(

14. mcharj11

mcharj11 Banned

GPU:
    BFG GeForce GTX 280 OC
    Nobody was being anti-English, idiot.

It started with an Englishman insulting Scots if you actually are able to read this thread properly, Scotland has contributed massively, if you think otherwise you know **** all about British history.

If there wasn't for Scots then you wouldn't have

Television
    Anisthetics
    Penicillin
    The Bank of England
    The decimal point
    The first cloned mammal
    Radar
    The telephone
    Economics

That is just a very small amount of what Scots have given to the world. And all you non Brits telling me to stop, i won't. If you think i'm going to sit here and let some uppity **** slander my people then you can **** off.

15. hallryu

hallryu Don Altobello

GPU:
    2x HD7970

16. DSK

DSK Banned

GPU:
    HD5770/BenQ G2220HD
    ok well can all repsect your views but not with that language its realy uncalled for.

*nice pic hallryu*

17. aircool

aircool Don Aircooleone Staff Member

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 560 Ti 448 Core
    TBH, no one is really tuned into this since its part of the United Kingdom, and now I suggest you return to topic.

18. The Laughing Ma

The Laughing Ma Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 4070ti
    Let's sit back for a minute here folks. We are all semi intelligent folk here. We all like to think we know a thing or two about computers so let's look at this from a purely technical stand point. What is the actual chance of them being able to get access to a computer that has most of the standard anti hacking software, technologies installed on it as standard?

Moving the gradual degeneration of civil liberties aside for a second is this another example of our government being so pathetically behind the times when it comes to technology that they are passing law that they could never actively enforce on someone who has even half a clue?

19. Labyrinth

Labyrinth Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Tri-X R9 290 4G
    o noes just that small list compared to england lol? not to mention you got all your funding from us :bang:

20. Cybermancer

Cybermancer Don Quixote

GPU:
    BFG GTX260OC (192 SP)
    Guys! Stop the England vs Scotland stuff or I'll close this thread!

Back on topic and focus on the technical side of this article, please!