Nvidia ForceWare 185.20!!

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by bokloz, Jan 1, 2009.

1. EddieG

EddieG Master Guru

GPU:
    A few
    I had this happen on some of the 178 drivers. The way I fixed it was to back off on my cpu and gpu clocks. Didn't like that. Now with the 180.84s; stand by and hibernation work in my system.
    All this info we post must get back to the driver coding team. They'll fix it in the next release

2. nav-jack

nav-jack Master Guru

GPU:
    980 ti 1520/2000
    why and how could they limit AO to just vista, xp i understand, it dosent use dx10. but windows 7 and vista are pretty much graphically the same. i dont wanna have to take out my vista home basic edition and install that crap i paid for :p i cant use gpu folding@home on it cuz it laggs the desktop. i demand that windows 7 gets a hack for AO to work.

3. tux

tux Active Member

GPU:
    2x BFG 8800GT OC SLI
    Windows 7 will get it in time im sure. I mean honestly there isnt a public windows 7 build out yet. There are leaked versions but none microsoft planned for the public to use yet. Plus nvidia is developing drivers for windows 7...an unfinished product. Give it time before you start making demands.

4. mayflower

mayflower New Member

GPU:
    Asus GTX280
    What happened to the Windows XP 64-bit version on the Guru3d site itself?

5. masterchiefx2

masterchiefx2 Banned

GPU:
    GTX 280 Sli
    Ambient Occlusion halves my framerate in crysis not good !!

6. masterchiefx2

masterchiefx2 Banned

GPU:
    GTX 280 Sli
    these drivers are fricking awesome i can actually set 2XAA in crysis and it works it doesnt even slow the fps down and the difference in image quality is amazing on a downside if i set anything higher my system epic fails and crashes

7. Einhanderkiller

Einhanderkiller Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte Radeon HD 5870
    NVIDIA's AO implementation is done in DX10.

8. linyanti

linyanti Master Guru

GPU:
    Zotac 1080 GTX Founders C
    Any Vista 64 Installation Tricks?

I asked this several pages ago but did not get anything in response that would work.

I get just plain wallpaper on my monitor screen after installing these. No icons or start menu.

Is there any trick to getting them installed? I did all the regular uninstall and clean out routines.

Is there any particular download location that has a better package than others?

9. nav-jack

nav-jack Master Guru

GPU:
    980 ti 1520/2000
    **** it, pardon my french, but im gunna format and reinstall but keep my backup partition with my games on it... ill do it soon, but its painful to do. :p

10. cobhc2007

cobhc2007 Member Guru

GPU:
    Palit 980ti JS
    You don't get the icon in the taskbar with Windows 7, just right click on the desktop and use Nvidia Control Panel to change whatever options you wanna change. The drivers do in fact work fine.

These things happen, it's the same with lots of things in the world, you change one thing and it breaks something else.

Not supported in Windows 7 yet. Vista only.

V-sync works fine here, not seen anyone else with this problem.

Read above, not supported in Windows 7 yet.

He also has a 45nm CPU instead of your 65nm. These are notoriously better for overclocking because of decreased heat and power consumption. I have a friend who had a Q6600, same as mine and yours and could only reach 3.2ghz stable like me, however using a Q9550 he got up to 3.8ghz stable with hardly any tweaking. But yes a new power supply might help as well, although pure wattage doesn't matter, as long as it's quality power, my Corsair is only 620W however it's being used in some of the new overclocked Core i7 systems as it delivers good clean power.

11. titon

titon Member

this driver (185.20) is the best for GTA IV? Your opinions please!! I'm lost in drivers (180.84, 181.00, 185.20) what is the best????

Cheers...

12. g60force

g60force Guest

GPU:
    NV 1660Ti + 5850
    No hard time needed... I really love ppl who read before posting!!! :nerd:

SO GOD BLESS YOU!!! :)

And again NO irony :pc1:... serious..... O well... You get the point :banana:

13. mais4u

mais4u Active Member

GPU:
    XFX 6900XT
    Well i cant get mine over 3.1 - 3.2 with this mb though :/ wont boot..

I think it would run ok if I got 4ghz and OA set on high ;D

14. TheSarge

TheSarge Guest

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 TI FT
    Under Vista Ultimate x64 SP1, it's giving me all sorts of flicker problems in Company Of Heroes: Oposing Fronts and it makes Fallout 3 a crashfest. However, Sword Of The Stars: A Murder Of Crows and Medieval II Total War: Kingdoms both run fine.

15. AmigaWolf

AmigaWolf Guest

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 1080

Simple do not set your Computer in hibernation, than no more problems.

Is that simple.

16. Cybermancer

Cybermancer Don Quixote

GPU:
    BFG GTX260OC (192 SP)
    The XP 64-Bit version is the least downloaded and besides that Guru3D has to cut back a little bit on the provided downloads, in order to save some money.

17. jpnn80

jpnn80 Guest

Could someone please give me some statistics concerning performance hit by ambiant occlusion on max ?

18. cobhc2007

cobhc2007 Member Guru

GPU:
    Palit 980ti JS
    There is some both in this thread and the seperate Ambient Occlusion thread.

19. xankazo

xankazo Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1060 SC (6GB)
    ok,
    thank you. :thumbup:

20. vor67

vor67 New Member

GPU:
    gtx 260 896
    hi all
    so from the post here that the AO is only available in vista and 7?

Last edited: Jan 7, 2009