Cryostasis: The Sleep of Reason

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by krisha, Sep 4, 2008.

1. Rifle_Grunt

Rifle_Grunt Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 460 TOP + 88k physx
    Better than bioshock?

2. thales100

thales100 Master Guru

GPU:
    3-way SLI GTX 480
    As good as i think, but requires a much better rig to run maxed.

3. TheHunter

TheHunter Banned

GPU:
    MSi N570GTX TFIII [OC|PE]
    Last edited: Dec 22, 2008
  4. BL@DE

BL@DE New Member

GPU:
    MSI 8800 gts 320 G80
    Frozen doom with superb graphic, playing with eng. sub. recommended.8/10.

5. 3Dghost

3Dghost Guest

GPU:
    AMD Radeon HD 7970 GHz Ed
    the graphics are great....but the gameplay did not catch me..I did not finish it...got bored.
    started playing old Shadowgrounds and having lots of fun. It`s simple but has much more action and it`s perfect relax after a hard day at work

6. fiskadoro

fiskadoro Member Guru

GPU:
    eVGA GTX 460 Superclocked
    I read the English language version of this is out this coming week? Anyone buying it or have pre-ordered it? I'd be interested in hearing people's thoughts.

7. ivke76

ivke76 Member

GPU:
    4870x2@830/950
    +1

repetitive as hell :)

8. Year

Year Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 690
  9. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    My system RUNS @ MAX...game is in interior levels like DOOM. u r always in the ship interior. so no STRESS on PC at all.

Game rcks. i strongly advice. smooth animations and sounds + quality Visuals with realistic character control.

Game is like CONDEMNED. very similar.

and not Vista ONLY as i read on games official forums.

10. thales100

thales100 Master Guru

GPU:
    3-way SLI GTX 480
    At what resolution do you play, "all maxed" like this you mean, including 16x anisotropic and shader 4.0 ? Are you playing without physx ?
    Btw Cryostasis uses only one core (no multi core optimization), similar to Clear Sky.

[​IMG]

11. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    Good point thales,

First let me clear that its not available in my PC anymore. it was a UNLEGIT copy of the game and i already uninstalled and deleted from HDD. but i can re access the source again.

Anyway,

it was 1280*720 on my HD tv(now i stopped using tv and turned back to normal monitor)
    Shader model 4 indeed and if iam not mistaken(iam not sure) it was 16x but iam sure it was AA ON. But as we all know 1280*720 vs 1680*1050 makes difference. So generalizing from the point of my previous comment was a bit wrong. so let me make it clear. Game looked ,to me, not a demanding game...but resolution ,"AGAIN", makes difference. what r the FPSs in ur PC? around 30? it was like 45-60 on me ..or iam totally remembering wrong 0_o.

12. thales100

thales100 Master Guru

GPU:
    3-way SLI GTX 480
    Yeah around 30 FPS, GTX 280 at 670/1460/1215 plus Qx9650 at 4 Ghz (but using only one core). Its interesting, game starts and you get 45 - 50 FPS, but as you advance itll require more and more from your rig, speciall during the attack scenes and outside areas (few ones), when snowing.
    All maxed + AA 16x and shader 4.0 Cryostasis looks awesome, but will stress a lot any PC imo, specially if playing 1680 x 1050+.

13. Year

Year Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 690
    i downloaded the non-legit version (3gb) and gave it a spin just out of curiousity at least until my legit copy arrives around the 27th or so. :)

1440x900 maxxed out, performance ranged from 20fps up to 60fps (game seem locked @64fps) but regardless i had almost 0 lag.

gameplay is indeed like Doom3 except the story is actually very good, the monsters are surprising but not scary they sort of jump at you, the hand combat is a bit basic compared to the excellent Condemned: criminal origins (one of my all time fave games).

sound is one of the best parts and with headphones it just adds to the atmosphere.

the graphics at times are outstanding and other times look like a bad port with crappy textures.

well that's it, i do like the game and i can't wait for my legit copy to arrive, so please don't ask me to try stuff because i uninstalled the game and deleted the image. sorry :cool:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

14. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    i want the legit copy. i hope steam version will be available. otherwise developer wont able to get my money :(

15. thales100

thales100 Master Guru

GPU:
    3-way SLI GTX 480

16. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    No physx mate.

and i wish there was a CONSOLE version.damn damn damn!

17. thales100

thales100 Master Guru

GPU:
    3-way SLI GTX 480
    ****, physx in this game is great.

18. gulczPL

gulczPL New Member

GPU:
    Gainward GS 4870 512MB
    Hi there.

I bought today my copy of Cryostasis.
    [​IMG]

I was afraid of how the game will run on my rig, b'couse the techdemo run not so great (nvidias physix ocourse :( )
    Ok, so i installed the game. Set everything to the max (19x12 + AF16 + everything on and high) - it was unplayable (15-40fps)
    So i lower the res to 1680x1050 and it gets better,but still i've notice drops below playable margin (30fps). Setting the textures, shadows or water to low or med , dosent really makes much difference to fps (maybe +5 fps difference between low - high). Only resolution have impact in fps gain, but on my monitor (24") everything below 1650x looks like crap...
    Oh one more thing to all AMD card users - when select SM 4.0 option the view is displayed bad.There are distortions such as in thermovision glasses - just like here http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showpost.php?p=66707&postcount=3 so we must select SM 3.0 (little worse graphics)
    Conclusion - i w8 for any official patch, or new drivers (hope it makes any difference) so the game would be playable in res. no less then 16x10.

Last edited: Mar 17, 2009
  19. StreeTunder

StreeTunder Maha Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 4870 1024Mb
    the game is good, but the performance is horrible...

20. TroM

TroM Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte HD6850 OC
    Storyline is very confusing... Game play is repetitive... Some weapons are completely useless (flare gun? lol). The game is unique though and it seems a lot of new ideas are tried but do not reach their full potential. Environments are very nice and the health system is unique, no run and gun ie Doom 3. I would buy it for only for $20 bucks if I didn't have the russian version already.7/10