Gta4 & 9800 gtx sli

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by Haripr, Jan 2, 2009.

1. Haripr

Haripr Active Member

GPU:
    9800 GTX SLI
    Hi guys , basically my system is pretty decent , i run a AMD 6400 + @ 3.5 ghz and have 3 gig of ram and for my graphics i got 2 9800 gtx's in SLI.. so runs crysis , farcry 2 , cod waw very nicely on the top end settings... so why does GTA4 run so badly and look so bad?

I've paid 30 quid for this game and have hardly played it , it runs so poorly on my system , and it's constantly stuttering and i just end up plowing into a lamp post everytime i try and drive :D.

Does anyone know how to fix this ? any tweak or anything ? ... ive seen people on you tube say they got SLI working on it and are running 60 fps with less GPU power than mine.. ive downloaded the patch and ive also tried the shortcut command to trick it into thinking ive got my vram , doesnt work too good tho.

anyway lads any help plz let me know bcuz im not playin this game untill im satisfied it will behave the way my system deserves.
    thanks in advance.

2. Treble557

Treble557 Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX295/8800gtx physx
    sooo, you're using 2 9800's with a 450 watt? I'm not an expert, but I know that you're not supposed to run more then one on that kinda power.

3. Haripr

Haripr Active Member

GPU:
    9800 GTX SLI
    nah m8 750w now , forgot to update my profile thing.

4. clairvoyant129

clairvoyant129 Active Member

GPU:
    2x EVGA GTX 480 SC+
    GTA IV is very very CPU dependent. You need a decent CPU to run it at a decent frame rate.

5. Haripr

Haripr Active Member

GPU:
    9800 GTX SLI
    I thought this cpu would be good enuf... to at least run it playable. and thats aload of rubbish saying my cpu isnt good enuf , ive had reports of people running this game well with dire systems in comparison to mine. instead of just saying the hardware isnt good enuf gives me some tweaks to improve this poorly coded console port , something USEFULL. thanks.

Last edited: Jan 2, 2009
  6. clairvoyant129

clairvoyant129 Active Member

GPU:
    2x EVGA GTX 480 SC+
    :rolleyes:

http://www.pcgameshardware.com/aid,...U_benchmark_review_with_13_processors/?page=2

Q6600 @ 2.4GHz is 52% faster compared to an E6600 @ 2.4GHz, don't tell me I'm wrong or I'm posting useless information when I'm actually right.

Check Xtremesystems forum where ORB benches Core i7 and some Intel quads/duals and compares it to Athlon dual cores.

edit: I'm not saying you have a bad rig, it's just that GTA IV at the moment is very badly optimized, needing a quad core or core i7 to run it at decent frame rate. There are no tweaks that I know of, just wait until a patch comes out.

Last edited: Jan 2, 2009
  7. Haripr

Haripr Active Member

GPU:
    9800 GTX SLI
    Give me something i can use , im not going to upgrade my cpu when all my other games run fine , ive seen reports with people running cpu's uve mentioned on this game and are still experiancing lower than expected fps.
    something i can use thats what i want... i dont want this to turn into a whos got the biggest dick hardware discussion.