Auzen X-fi Home Theater 7.1 HDMI 1.3!

Discussion in 'Soundcards, Speakers HiFI & File formats' started by ROBSCIX, Jun 16, 2008.

1. ROBSCIX

ROBSCIX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    22" LCD on GTX260 C216
    Hey Guys, there has been a delay in release date to January 2009.

Here is a quote:
    "I regret delaying the product release," said Stephane Bae, president of Auzentech, Inc. "The decision came suddenly due to strategic marketing changes by our partners. These partners have been instrumental in making the Auzen X-Fi™ HomeTheater HD an industry-supported audio solution. When it is released at the end of January, it will include the necessary software to access the advanced HD capabilities of the soundcard—and much of that software comes from our partners."

2. strad

strad Banned

GPU:
    8800GT | Samsung 244T 24"
    psssssssssssssss

Asus will now be getting my money

Amateurs

3. kwak

kwak Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Geforce 560 ti
    so if i understand it correctly, cyberlink has let them down and delayed the special version of powerdvd?

4. GenClaymore

GenClaymore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3070 TI 8GB
    Prolly did atleast they didnt put it out without software to use the HDMI part. otherwise that be bad. And if it was that then its perfecty a good reason to delay it.

5. ROBSCIX

ROBSCIX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    22" LCD on GTX260 C216
    With so many groups involved in the project Auzentech has to allow for delays from other project partners.

6. umeng2002

umeng2002 Maha Guru

GPU:
    4080 Super
    The world could use less lawyers.

$20 bucks say these delays are for the protected audio path.

7. ROBSCIX

ROBSCIX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    22" LCD on GTX260 C216
    @claymore, without the Supporting high definition player software the card would not be able to offer the HDMI audio specifications to their customers. At this point wihtout the software the card might aswell stay in the lab and continue to be developed and polished so the card comes out nice, stable and offering everything it should. Personally I don't mind Auzen delays as usually it means they are fixing what needs to be fixed but with many people involved other can alos call delay to fix what they need to fix also. If other companies would take a page from that book we would haver much less hardware troubles.

8. RaMDaY

RaMDaY Guest

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 1080 ti
    Quick question. Does anyone know if I connect the analog outs to my Creative Inspire T7700 speakers or a reciever will the DTS-HD and Dolby TrueHD be down sampled to 16-bit/48KHz?

9. ROBSCIX

ROBSCIX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    22" LCD on GTX260 C216
    Yes you should be able to connect up your speakers through analog.
    This card will support DD+, Dolby TrueHD, DTS-HD..etc all at FULL resolution. -NO downsampling. I have been following the card since the begining and I am very interested in this card for the same reason you are Non downsampled HD audio when watching Blu-Ray's....

10. RaMDaY

RaMDaY Guest

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 1080 ti
    Awesome, i can finally retire my Audigy. Thankies.

11. strad

strad Banned

GPU:
    2 weeks to go ...

12. GenClaymore

GenClaymore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3070 TI 8GB
    Unless another delay happens, and that would prolly make you pull out all of your hair strad.

13. strad

strad Banned

GPU:
    hahaha yes your right

need this card though

14. ROBSCIX

ROBSCIX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    22" LCD on GTX260 C216
    I am pretty sure, that this delay has nothing to do with Auzentech directly. More imposed by the project partners.
    Auzentech is also notorious for quality control and they won't hesitate to delay the release to fix a issue they deem needs it.

The card is coming but patience is a virtue as they say.

15. strad

strad Banned

GPU:
    X-Fi™ HomeTheater HD Schedule Update

Auzentech's Native-PCI Express™ HDMI Soundcard Coming in Q1 2009

Santa Clara, CA–January 30, 2009: Auzentech, Inc.(www.auzentech.com) has revised the release date of the Auzen X-Fi™ HomeTheater HD sound card to March, 2009. The additional time is being used for an expanded round of hardware compatibility tests.

"This decision will directly benefit our customers, dealers, and distributors," said Stephane Bae, president of Auzentech, Inc. "At product release, we will have a stable product and our support staff will be familiar with a wider range of hardware combinations."

The Auzen X-Fi™ HomeTheater HD is the result of cooperation between several companies that include Auzentech, Creative Labs, Cyberlink, and Silicon Image. In November, Auzentech rescheduled product release to the end of January to coincide with a software release by one of its partners. Today's schedule change will allow Auzentech to complete its testing of the software and hardware as complete a package.

16. ROBSCIX

ROBSCIX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    22" LCD on GTX260 C216
    Further testing for compatibility for hardware and software is never a bad thing.

17. strad

strad Banned

GPU:
    Never actually releasing your product to market is though.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 1, 2009
  18. GenClaymore

GenClaymore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3070 TI 8GB
    I glad i didnt decide to wait for it even tho i wouldnt got it as i prolly would had got less then what i wanted with the preldue trade in.

Either way I still would had grab this HDAV if it wasnt earlier, it would been now after this delay. As I dont play the delay game extreme edition.one delay prolly but not Two.

19. strad

strad Banned

GPU:
    I'm not impressed with Auzentech at all

20. Denial

Denial Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080
    Yeah I think everyone here got that feeling from your first post. You can stop being annoying now.