Geforce 180.84 Beta Drivers

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by Digibetus, Dec 5, 2008.

1. g60force

g60force Guest

GPU:
    NV 1660Ti + 5850
    NICE!!... little jealous here :nerd:

2. Retrolock

Retrolock Guest

GPU:
    G1 Gaming GTX 970
    Got a weird problem here and I experienced this 2 times already. After I turn off my pc, my 180.84 gets uninstalled and vista x64 reverts to the standard vga display adapter. I have to uninstall, run driversweeper or else the installer doesnt recognize my gtx260. Wow, this is the 1st time this thing has ever happened to me.

3. scorchio

scorchio Member Guru

GPU:
    Radeon HD5850 Extreme
    Can I install these drivers on my Vista 64 bit if they are not WHQL certified?

4. Retrolock

Retrolock Guest

GPU:
    G1 Gaming GTX 970
    I'm using vista 64... Maybe that's the problem :3eyes:

5. scorchio

scorchio Member Guru

GPU:
    Radeon HD5850 Extreme
    Seems pretty foolish to release a 64 bit driver if it cannot be installed on Vista 64 bit...

Anyone had any issues with the installation?

6. g60force

g60force Guest

GPU:
    NV 1660Ti + 5850
    ?? need some extra experienced NV Guru's ??

Sorry for the OffTopic but I've been in this thread for 1or2weeks now and I've noticed the great experience of some members... I got a question about my Dell C840 laptop for a change instead of my game RIG

More info can be found here:
    http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?p=2952223#post2952223

If I'm not allowed to post this link or question here, MOD's can delete it.. thnx

7. TREAD™

TREAD™ New Member

GPU:
    None
    Working fine here in Vista64, but I downloaded from NVIDIA site.

NVIDIA Tray Icon is missing in Vista64 until today. Unbelievable. Have anybody a workaround for fix this?

8. Le_Freak

Le_Freak New Member

GPU:
    Sapphire 4870 1 GB CF
    hello, i did install the beta drivers but then call of duty 5 crashed after a while, now i am using the latest official one and have no problems

9. scorchio

scorchio Member Guru

GPU:
    Radeon HD5850 Extreme
    If you downloaded from NVIDIA, then you have the WHQL certified driver, this driver is not WHQL certified, also the one in NVIDIA's site is 180.48, this one is 180.84

10. TREAD™

TREAD™ New Member

GPU:
    None
    NVIDIA's site also have beta drivers.. my driver is 180.84. But seems are different. Size of files is different.

http://www.nvidia.com/object/winvista_x64_180.84_beta.html

Last edited: Dec 17, 2008

11. ViperXtreme

ViperXtreme Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070 Dual UV
    anyone having crashes? I installed these for GTAIV but as soon as i boot to windows desktop, it just hangs now/crashes and i need to restart. 180.48 and 180.60 had no issues -_-
    (git mine here at Guru3D download section which is linked to nvidia's ftp)

12. g60force

g60force Guest

GPU:
    NV 1660Ti + 5850
    For all of those who want fps in gta4

FIRST OF ALL I USE 0x008 version with RZ1911 launcher!! [no patch]
    AND I'M BACK @ 180.48 waiting for new WHQL of .84

Ok... after 2week of intense testing.. and I mean "seriously intense" because of my physical condition at the moment i'm unemployed so i've got lots of testing time.. I allmost gave up but even after completing the game with 1680x1050 MediumRes. / Highest(AF) / DrawDist.30 / DetailQ.50 / Vehicle25 / Shadow1

Today I wanted to see if I could replay the game in 1920x1200 because of my native resolution max. for my 24" which I use in all the game I play :pc1:

Previously I allready tweaked the game with the following commandline:
    -norestriction -nomemrestriction -novblank –frameLimit 1 -height 1050 -width 1680 -fullscreen -renderquality 4 -shadowdensity 1 -texturequality 1 -viewdistance 30 -detailquality 50 -fullspecaudio :)

It worked great for me 25-35~ FPS, but I now want EXTRA sharpness :nerd:

This is my new commandline, but read the info below and follow the link:
    -novblank –frameLimit 1 -height 1200 -width 1920 -availablevidmem 0.895 -fullscreen -fullspecaudio :3eyes:

In short what have I done:
    -empty you COMMAND.TXT (backup ofcourse)
    -now launch GTA4
    -goto graphics Select 1024x768 (so it will you these reflection maps etc.)
    [I wanted to stay within my VRAM budget of 512mb GTA4 tell's 491mb]
    -Text.Med / Highest / Vdist.50 / DQ75 / Cars25 / Shadow1
    [so now GTA4 calculates to use 458/491]
    -Start the GAME, check if you like the current FPS
    -quit game
    -open/run CALC.exe [in my case 458/491=0.8949]
    -edited EMPTY command.txt, changed into the one above (my new one)
    -Run the game (don't go to GRAPHICS!!!!!)

OMG now it runs in 1920x1200 with MED/HIGHEST/50/75/25/1 with 25~FPS

http://www.gtaforums.com/index.php?showtopic=384473
    More info here!! :banana:

BTW if you check your settings you're F*cked... :biggun:
    so you can doublecheck and see for yourself but mine said it was 1024x768 while was playing at 1920x1200, if you do check you can't go back without confirming which makes you do all this sjit all over again.. :bang:
    I quickly ALT+F4 and restarted GTA4 all was still fine like I wanted!

Last edited: Dec 17, 2008
  13. g60force

g60force Guest

GPU:
    NV 1660Ti + 5850
    181beta works great.. haven't got any drop to desktop, which al other versions did have for me... and steady improvement on GTA4 ... +10a20FPS on POP2008 my god keepers indeed!! :banana:

14. AnthraxPants

AnthraxPants Banned

GPU:
    XFX 4890HD 1GB
    I take it that is Warez! Don't post about pirate games on the forums. If you are having problems, buy the game. GTA4 has copy protection features that will interfere with the gameplay of pirate copies.

If you own the game, still don't post about pirate copies as no one can provide support for a non legal version.

15. g60force

g60force Guest

GPU:
    NV 1660Ti + 5850
    I had made a F* very interresting post... I know mutiple people are playing because of my instruction...

I only wanted to make keep that everything can by different... and even with the original DVD I would still have used the crack otherwise it wasn't even possible to make a commandline... but now i've heard that the steam version also support the commandline feature...

So the only friggin reason I mentioned it so that everything about my RIG + GTA4 version etc. is known ... and if somebody has an other combination it may not work... but they can always try!

It's better for me to say it than everyone is yelling that they can't get it to work and wonder why it works perfect for me....

:3eyes:

16. g60force

g60force Guest

GPU:
    NV 1660Ti + 5850
    O... and BTW... I don't want support anymore... I only came back to help other GTA4 users.. my problems are gone! :banana:

17. KingCobra

KingCobra Member Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX660ti SLI
    That's the saddest part, and why the PC game industry is an afterthought now.

18. LedHed

LedHed Banned

GPU:
    BenQ FP241W
    a single post on a forum explains something about the PC Gaming Industry as a whole?

19. AnthraxPants

AnthraxPants Banned

GPU:
    XFX 4890HD 1GB
    I didn't mean any offence g60force, just letting you know one of the forum rules. I personally think CD fixes cure plenty of headaches. I just hope everyone buys a copy of the game if they are going to use it, as Rockstar are one of the few companies that produce something different from the majority and they do it with style.

The game is probably running better without the protected executable. I could understand people using a downloaded version over their original disc because of copy protection. Changing DVDs is a pain and generally only games are inflicted with this disability. I wish more people would support developers of good games though and pay for what they play.

Maybe if more users paid for their games, there would be less draconian copy protection. On the other hand, if some developers used less draconian copy protection, more people would pay for their games. It seems more users are learning to bypass the security measures in an effort to enjoy the product they purchased. Unfortunately some of them are not contributing anything to the games industry and then they wonder why some companies are going broke and others are using annoying measures like DRM to protect their products.

Last edited: Dec 19, 2008
  20. AmigaWolf

AmigaWolf Guest

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 1080
    Come on men, it's not that people copy games that it is going not so good on
    the PC with games, it's have to do with the Playstation3 and Xbox360 that
    the games on the pc are not so good.

Also this year there were a LOT of Good games on the PC so maby it is not gong bad with PC games.