Geforce 180.84 Beta Drivers

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by Digibetus, Dec 5, 2008.

1. Burnt_Ram

Burnt_Ram Guest

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1050 Ti
    you have 17a on each 12v rail. that should be plenty. and i wasn't talking about the rig in my sig. i was talking about my wife's rig that has a 8800GT and an Athlon64.
    So, i cant see your PS being the issue unless it getting worn out?

2. g60force

g60force Guest

GPU:
    NV 1660Ti + 5850
    Never OC before and ALL equipment is from the same purchase date.. max. 6months till 1year max. can it allready been worn out?? No way to tell I'm afraid.. Or do you know a way to find out? Otherwise a New PSU won't be any problem... if I want a GFX -> 8800GT .. like 260 or 280 do they need more power? Or only de double GPU versions? .. Will 2 8800GT in SLI preform better than 1 9800GT? can my PSU handle 2 cards :3eyes:

3. Burnt_Ram

Burnt_Ram Guest

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1050 Ti
    if you want a 260/280 i would get a new PS. 2x8800GT will destroy a single 9800GT, and no, your current PS can't handle SLi ;0)

if you can, borrow a PS from someone and see if you have the same issues.

4. g60force

g60force Guest

GPU:
    NV 1660Ti + 5850
    OK good to know... I will look arround for new PSU, what would you recommend so that I can run both... meaning for now a extra 8800GT and in couple of months a 260/280 ? what the minimum watt or recommend and also single rail Amps and dual rail amps that I need to take care of :pc1:?

Thnx for the help so far! :nerd:

5. g60force

g60force Guest

GPU:
    NV 1660Ti + 5850
    Ok last question in this topic because I seem to go offtopic a little.. :wanker:

If I look at these 1920x1200 FPS markings (my 24" won't go further so!)
    http://www.guru3d.com/article/far-cry-2-pc-vga-graphics-performance-review/5

How much FPS will I get 8800GT SLI if a single does 26FPS

and then the thougest question I can't buy the 512mb anymore only the exact same version of my current Asus EN8800GT ... but with 1GB

Does SLI... get the fact that on has 512mb and the other 1024mb
    I mean for GTA4 it will be best if it at least got the 1GB :nerd:

Or will it be like in the old days... that the lowest RAM in your system is leading... thats why I gave away my Corsair 2x1GB DualChannel for free to a friend, because my 2x2GB where faster and would have slow down my system... Ohw and BTW... my MB didn't support 2x1GB and 2x2GB not even 4x1GB??? don't know Y? but who care don't need more than 4GB Vista32

Thnx for all the help and advice so far! :banana:

6. Burnt_Ram

Burnt_Ram Guest

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1050 Ti
    if your doing this for GTA4, then you need to copy all your questions, and make a thread in the games forum. so we can stay on topic here ;)

7. g60force

g60force Guest

GPU:
    NV 1660Ti + 5850
    I know... but the 512 / 1024 card version difference worry's me... :bang:
    before actually buying :biggun:

8. DigitalIP

DigitalIP Member

GPU:
    eVGA 9800GTX+

Im not much into SLI since ive never used it, but from what i understand to be able to run SLI, both cards have to be identical. i.e 2 XFX 8800's same models, if they both are from say XFX they should work in SLI, but im not sure if they will if they have different ram sizes, sum1 that knows more about SLI will have to answer that.

9. Gazzamac71

Gazzamac71 New Member

GPU:
    Gainward GTX 280
    I used to use 2 8800 512 gts ,s in sli as long as they are the same card IE gts or gt and it dont matter on the make as i had a sparkle and a asus but with me being a noob i thought having the 2 cards would add up to 1024 mb in memory which is not the case hence i now have a gtx 280 which looks like to be out of date after christmas my first choice on card was the ati 4870 x2 but after intallation i couldnt get it to work on my system so ii settled for the 280

which kills the 2 gts i was using :)

ps SORRY FOR POSTING OFF TOPIC as for the 180 84 drivers i had probs with Rise of the arganauts aso bk to the 180.48 for me

And as for trouble with GTA4 i think the bother lies with ROCK * as the last game i tried off them was a pile of Sh**e named BULLY which i thought was unplayable

Last edited: Dec 16, 2008
  10. alxtorrentazos

alxtorrentazos Guest

GPU:
    ASUS 2060 OC

11. Burnt_Ram

Burnt_Ram Guest

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1050 Ti
    they will work together, but you will get use of 512 ram not 1024. SLi doesn't double your amount. plus if use one card with 512, and one with 1024, it will use the amount of the lesser card only. i could be wrong but im sure im right? anyone else?

12. g60force

g60force Guest

GPU:
    NV 1660Ti + 5850
    Strange .. thing happened to my rig today... bought a 5euro extra Expresscard heat remover.. (fan that fit's in slot directly above the fan of my 8800gt) the fan of the GT blows heat upwards, then the FAN-CARD sucks up the heat and spill in out the back of my PC.. furthermore I have a SonataIII case which come which a very large low-noise heavyduty fan to pull the air from the front of tha case through the washable-filter... I modded an extra fan that standard fits in 2 of the 3 CD/DVD mountings, but theres a catch ... when i'm gaming I have made 2 custom switches next to the extra front fan, where it then suck in colder/fresh air witch the door opened... when I shut down the fan manually I close the door/lid, so that the standard airflow takes over.... so this way I have one Rig handleling low power/noise ... with an optional switch for the 2 extra fans when i open the CD/DVD cover door...

No with this I have not even OC'ed... but removed te -norestriction -nomemrestriction .... and added -availablevidmem 3.0 (multiply's VRAM) so that GTA4 think it has 1400/1500mb video... still i'm keeping it on 1680x1050 MED while staying just below 500mb Vram, but for some reason I get the same FPS with mote v.distance q.distance and 40vehicles etc... I also removed the -noprecache command sinds I don't use the other restricion command aswell....

I'm more than happy... cost 5euro's and no even an hour of my time :nerd:

13. g60force

g60force Guest

GPU:
    NV 1660Ti + 5850
    Exactly that's what i'm trying vind out... if It uses the 1024 or the 512 from the lesser card... In that case I will have no choice an wait until NV releases new card a prices on current top model drops :3eyes:

But does anyone no for sure? who tested SLI with 2 identical brand card, but only 1 have double the VRAM?? :bang:

14. dajife

dajife Guest

GPU:
    SLI Gigabyte 980 G1
    The cards for SLI mustn't have identical brand, i have a SLI with xfx 8800gt and msi 8800gt and working perfectly. But the two cards must have the same vram, if not you coudn't activate SLI.

15. g60force

g60force Guest

GPU:
    NV 1660Ti + 5850
    thnk u very much... now I know fur sure and have to wait for a new X280 card

16. YetYhunter

YetYhunter Maha Guru

GPU:
    Jetstream GTX1080
    I used the -availablevidmem command but I get terrible stutering because it's loading from HDD. The higher the value the more stutter you get i think

17. brandenburg

brandenburg Member

GPU:
    XFX 260 Black Edition
    Vista system crash with SLI

Anyone with an idea why this happens?
    Install three XFX 260 Black Edition, managed to install the 180.84 drivers but on enabling 3way SLI up comes the blue screen of death. No way does Vista want to allow 3way SLI to run and call up a service exception.
    2way SLI with the same cards is fine, but add a third and boom Vista has a brainstorm.
    my system
    Asus Striker II extreme
    Intel dual core E8400
    OCZ 1600 4GB
    Tagan 1300W power unit

Glad of your thoughts...

Last edited: Dec 16, 2008
  18. g60force

g60force Guest

GPU:
    NV 1660Ti + 5850
    Well don't know anything about tri-sli... but what did .60 .70 beta do? :3eyes:

19. Li4m79

Li4m79 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xPalit GTX770 Jetstream
    i`m sure if you sent me your rig could have a look at it for you, and whack it back in the post......

nice set up man!

20. wickedgames

wickedgames New Member

This driver has been a great update for me playing Warhammer Online.
    Game is running much smoother for me especially in large scale 200-400 per side open PVP where things would slow to a crawl despite my fairly decent system ie: e8400 @ 4.5gh,280gtx superclock 8gig pc8500 ram,780i MB,2 raptors etc. Not the latest nor the greatest but best iv had =D