Forceware 180.48 WHQL ftw ;-)

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by Mistajista, Nov 19, 2008.

1. Burnt_Ram

Burnt_Ram Guest

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1050 Ti
    What? no SLi support for Fallout 3, and i was going to buy this game. thx for the heads up!

2. GhostXL

GhostXL Guest

GPU:
    PNY EPIC-X RTX 4090
    Well dude it does it in any game i play not just Fallout 3. That was just an example.

@ Burnt Ram.

Yes Fallout 3 supports SLI. I dunno what that guy is talking about. I don't think he understands the 2d clock bug with the GTX series.

3. Shadowdane

Shadowdane Maha Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia RTX 4080 FE
    Mine had this problem until I uninstalled RivaTuner.. I used EVGA Precision and it works fine switching clock speeds. As soon as I tried to use RivaTuner to overclock it wouldn't switch to the 3D clock speeds.

4. Burnt_Ram

Burnt_Ram Guest

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1050 Ti
    ohok, thats good to know. is FO3 more GPU bound or CPU bound? my cpu doesnt like games that use cpu intensive engines ;)

5. UnclePappi

UnclePappi Banned

GPU:
    Asus 680 2gb 1250mhz
    In your case it'll probably be cpu bound, but not too bad.

6. Dymblos

Dymblos Guest

GPU:
    GTX570
    WHQL drives work good for single card mostly
    but in SLI really suck

7. Dcrawler

Dcrawler Member Guru

GPU:
    Evga 680sli Hydro(s)
    I was having the same issues with my gtx 280sc sli. However, someone over at the evga forums put me onto a small .exe that will force 3d clocks all the time. I've been using if now for about a week with no issues. It also has an option to return to the default. Again, I can confirm it works with sli.

http://www.evga.com/forums/tm.asp?m=475949&mpage=1&key=&#475949

Dc

8. FordLynx07

FordLynx07 Guest

GPU:
    Asus RTX 3070 DOC
    Has anyone experienced this? I was using the forceware 175.19 before and when I upgraded to 180.48, strange texture problems occurs while playing Warcraft 3.

Forceware 175.19
    [​IMG]

Forceware 180.48
    [​IMG]

This problem does not happen only on DotA maps but while playing regular Warcraft 3 campaigns as well... And Fix for this?

9. Year

Year Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 690
    Just a quick post, been using the 180.48 whql for some time now on my 2nd pc ( with a 8800gtx 768mb) and honestly these are some crappy drivers, usually i do not complain and most drivers just work fine but these are quite crappy, AA quality is sub par, general IQ too and performance in Left4Dead is gob$hite like 1 minute stuttering (play 20-30 sec then pause 1 minute with looping sound then continue for another 30 sec or so, repeat) bleah.

back to 178.24 whql, perfect drivers in just about everything including L4D, great IQ too, the 2nd pc is mainly connected to the current one in order to play via LAN with friends.

XP w SP3.

10. sheira

sheira Member Guru

GPU:
    ASUS GTX580 DCII
    Still freezes my PC while playing World of Warcraft (same as all of 180.xx drivers). Forced to go back to old 178.xx :(

11. JohnDoeGamer

JohnDoeGamer Member

GPU:
    3080ti
    I found worse fps with 180.48 than with 177.92 in a Company of heroes benchmark.

177.92 average FPS with everything maxed at max res was 30.3 fps while 180.48 was 23 fps. Thats odd. What is the best driver so far beyond 177.92?

12. elrazor

elrazor Master Guru

GPU:
    AorusMaster 3080
    180.84 reupdated 3

13. intellimoo

intellimoo Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 1660 SUPER GamX
    So far the 180 series is a bust for me (betas and the "whql" one), that is it causes an issue with Left 4 Dead freezing the system. lol

178.24 whql no problems.