NEW Prince of Persia

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by isidore, Apr 29, 2008.

1. Syvere

Syvere Guest

GPU:
    AMD 6970 2GB Crossfire
    That's the thing. I like both genres. PoP has good story, art style is amazing and the game plays like a dream. Sacred on the other hand is long, has nice loot system but is riddled with bugs. There doesn't also seem to be many players online so I don't know...

2. Year

Year Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 690
    in this case POP is the best choice, it is a great game you can pick up and play without worrying about anything else, perhaps in the future you could get Sacred 2 cheaper by then a few more patches would have appeared to make your gameplay more enjoyable and maybe even more players will be playing it online. ;)

buy PoP, your money is guaranteed along with the fun, Sacred 2 is more of a leap of faith that's better left for another time.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 12, 2008
  3. Ankit kukreti

Ankit kukreti Ancient Guru

GPU:
    eVGA Geforce 7600 GT
    Hmm.... I do not have this game but have been following the progress of this a lot. Almost all videos in GT including HD review. GS and IGN video review and read some reviews too...

I am going to give this game a miss for now may be get it later on PS3 when price fall little bit.

Of what I have seen the game is nice and easy with beautiful graphics, animation. But he is not the real prince of persia :3eyes: IGN got it right prince is a jerk. His dialogue, jokes etc makes him sound like a Hollywood hero, a cool dude or something... instead of brave, kind prince with super fast reflexes and who does not need a girl help when falling from a cliff. Where is that prince gone Ubisoft ? :rolleyes:

POP: Sands Of time, Prince and story, graphics etc... is still the best game of the series :biggun:

Last edited: Dec 12, 2008
  4. Year

Year Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 690
    at times this Prince does sound a bit too hollywoodized and he seem to quote modern things (as if seen in a movie.........hello? movies in an ancient world?).

as for him being a Jerk, he's not alone, the kind princess is also very bitchy calling the prince an "idiot" at one point, almost feels like an episode of HEROES or something so the humour just don't work, in Tomb Raider it would've, not here.

not a show stopper but still..

what i do not understand is, am i supposed to go from place to place defeating a single boss then move to another location and repeat?

ok the bosses are quite varied and harder each time but where are the enemies along the way?

i want guards to slaughter.

5. MadGizmo

MadGizmo Guest

GPU:
    MSI R9 290X 8GB 2560*1440
    I am having fun with this game. Just trying to find my way around. And getting lost at times. :p

This afternoon my G5 died. So I went to the shop to get another. The G9 had the same price as the G5 so I went for that one. 50 euros is a good price. Really love it. But now I need to get used to it and play this freaking game.

It's kind of weird. Normally I can play for hours, but with this one I need to have a break at regular intervals.

The game runs smooth. I let Fraps run to show the frame rate. But to tell you the truth, I didn't have time to look at it. Hehe.

Cool game. ;)

6. maddy2012

maddy2012 Guest

GPU:
    GTX 980 Ti
    Definitely play it with a gamepad, makes it so much easier =P

And yeah he is a bit of an arse, but the donkey and carpet rant at the beginnin was pretty funny =D

7. Black_ice_Spain

Black_ice_Spain Guest

GPU:
    5700XT
    btw, some1 else has slowdowns? i mean, i have a solid 60+fps but in some scenes, it goes down to 1fps without no reason (i mean, not hard effects neither other things)

edit fixed, weird, if ya have this problem just open task manager and set afinity to one CPu if you have multi-core, fixes it (got it on PoP forums) and you dont need so much cpu power to this game so nc xP.

or make a .bat with start /affinity 1 "Prince Of Persia.exe" (only on vista on XP doesnt work that command, have to do manually xP) on XP u will have to use the runfirst programme (google it xP)

and put this on the bat
    runFirst.exe "Prince Of Persia.exe"

or use imagecfg.exe from microsoft

and if u dont have the error, good for u ;)

Last edited: Dec 13, 2008
  8. Djoums

Djoums Guest

GPU:
    There are almost no enemies in this game. Each level follows the same scheme : first solve the puzzle game and beat the boss, then do the cleaned level again to find some light balls.
    I just finished the game again but with all the balls this time. It's still too short >.<

9. xankazo

xankazo Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1060 SC (6GB)
    everyone is saying the game runs great and that is fast. but most who have said it have powerful 4870X2's. how well does it run on little 8800GT's? :)

10. Black_ice_Spain

Black_ice_Spain Guest

GPU:
    5700XT
    great, i can put 1280x1024 at max settings with 2x antialising 16xAF and getting a good 50-80fps

well what can you expect, graphics aint nothing from the other world, they r original, not a pc-breaker one

also cpu its not needed, playing with single core now and again, 50-80fps xP

11. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    Fully maxed, 1680x1050, 2xAA, getting solid 60fps, with drops to mid 40s. Totally smooth.

12. xankazo

xankazo Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1060 SC (6GB)
    great, but even if the graphics ain't nothing alien-made, I've seen simple-looking games coded so poorly that it requires alien technology to run them. :infinity:

nice! that's my resolution too. :)

13. MadGizmo

MadGizmo Guest

GPU:
    I think I am stuck...

I am fighting that thing with a light as a head and you cannot kill it. I've tried to push it over the edge, but it won't let me. Is there something else I need to do?

Help would be appreciated.

Time for a coffee break. ;)

14. MadGizmo

MadGizmo Guest

GPU:
    Still stuck.

Is there an order in which you should perform the tasks? I am going counterclockwise. Do I have to go the other way around?

15. MikeMK

MikeMK Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia RTX 4090
    Really enjoying the game so far... performance is great, and it is extremely stylish.

Just one thing... have u guys experienced seriously long load times. When I load into a game, it can take up to 10mins. Once im in, it plays fine but it is a PITA watching a loading screen all that time.

16. d1fferent

d1fferent Maha Guru

GPU:
    N/A
    What everyone think?

Is it worth getting?

17. alvaro761991

alvaro761991 Member

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX 850m
    yeah it is pretty cool, but i dont get long load times and graphics look really cool!!

18. MikeMK

MikeMK Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia RTX 4090
    Well, i just fixed the long load times... if you enable vsync it solves the problem for some reason.

The game is really good fun... definately worth a shot imo.

19. MadGizmo

MadGizmo Guest

GPU:
    Anyone knows how to push that thing from the edge at the City Gate of the City of Light?

Every time we push this thing when it is close to edge it throws me a couple of meters back. It is getting annoying.

20. lfc4eva

lfc4eva Member

GPU:
    8800GT @ 685/1700/1010
    I had that problem aswell, but what you need to do is use Elika's attack which pushes him quite forward, and then it's just simply attacking him and blocking, asell as using Elikas attack. Then you have to force him off by keep pressing the attack button on which that is the hardest part.